Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold
Apr 5, 2018 at 7:19 AM Post #4,129 of 4,765
I'm still on FW 5.0.1.12 over here. Does anyone know what the benefits (any improvement in SQ?) are of the latest FW(s), compared to that one?

Btw, I almost sold my LPG over the past weeks. But two days ago I received a new CIEM (Empire Ears Phantom) and it's a synergy match 'made in heaven' to my ears :ksc75smile:
LPG + Phantom.jpg
giphy.gif

When I heard the two together, I immediately pulled the LPG back from the classifieds. What on earth was I thinking :grin:

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2018 at 5:46 PM Post #4,131 of 4,765
Diana with Sennheiser HD 650 headphones makes the Cliffs of Dover quite remarkable.

0410181642b_Film3.jpg

Apr 26, 2018 at 12:25 AM Post #4,133 of 4,765
I'm still on FW 5.0.1.12 over here. Does anyone know what the benefits (any improvement in SQ?) are of the latest FW(s), compared to that one?

Btw, I almost sold my LPG over the past weeks. But two days ago I received a new CIEM (Empire Ears Phantom) and it's a synergy match 'made in heaven' to my ears :ksc75smile:
giphy.gif

When I heard the two together, I immediately pulled the LPG back from the classifieds. What on earth was I thinking :grin:

I keep all players...you know...for future possible synergies.

May 2, 2018 at 8:01 AM Post #4,134 of 4,765
Time for John Coltrane!

0502180658a_Film3.jpg

May 7, 2018 at 2:33 AM Post #4,138 of 4,765
Does anyone use their paw gold in a stack? Im wondering if there are any benefits to adding an external amp. Maybe something like the CDM might be interesting. Im pretty sure the paw gold will outperform anything stackable dac wise.

I doubt there would be any tangible benefits of a portable amp added. The amp section is pretty top notch. Unless you wanted a different sound like tubes. So the CDM might be a nice companion.

May 7, 2018 at 3:02 AM Post #4,139 of 4,765
Does anyone use their paw gold in a stack? Im wondering if there are any benefits to adding an external amp. Maybe something like the CDM might be interesting. Im pretty sure the paw gold will outperform anything stackable dac wise.

Ye,s DAC wise, LPG is quite something. You could stack it with an amp to get a different flavour. I stacked it with a Sony PHA-3 for a few months to get a smoother sound. Stacking with something like a CDM would give you a fuller mid-range and a smoother treble. Or your could add an amp that would give you a bigger soundstage.

May 17, 2018 at 7:20 PM Post #4,140 of 4,765

giphy.gif

If you were to sell it what better dap soundwise would you consider otherwise then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back