Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold
Aug 23, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #2,372 of 4,765
audionewbi. Which dap do you consider the most musical?

I will preempt him because I know his answer. It is the Calyx M. I have it too but have abandoned it because the PMEQ on the PAW Gold gives me what I want without all of the frustrations of the Calyx M. 

But I love AN's purity to the cause.  
biggrin.gif

Aug 23, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #2,373 of 4,765
I will preempt him because I know his answer. It is the Calyx M. I have it too but have abandoned it because the PMEQ on the PAW Gold gives me what I want without all of the frustrations of the Calyx M. 

But I love AN's purity to the cause.  :D  

Haha! You are absolutely right, cooperpwc! Frankly, I still think the Calyx M, during its time and at its price, was excellent.... Too bad it's stellar SQ was let down by its failings and the lack of support after a while... I still remember we were all so excited by it back then. :)

Aug 23, 2016 at 5:23 PM Post #2,374 of 4,765
It took me over 30 emails to convince them on why they should sale to overseas market. To this day they are not fully open to worldwide selling.

Their major focus is professional market. The reality of LPG creation is not a product made for your average music enthusiast, it is designed for music producers to listen to their mix on the go. 

When I asked them if they will reproduce a new product the reply was 'when we have something truly better than LPG we will do so, otherwise repacking the same sound make no sense'.

I asked them a similar question with regard to an upgraded LPG, They replied in email "not this year".

Aug 27, 2016 at 12:02 AM Post #2,375 of 4,765
Twister6 shared this info on the Empire Ears IEMs thread. I hope he won't mind if I shared it here..

For those of you who are not able to use your LPG with your favorite sensitive IEMs because of the hiss, there might be a solution around the corner:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/814317/ifi-launch-competition-closed-what-the-heck-is-it/90#post_12795744

Aug 27, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #2,376 of 4,765
  Twister6 shared this info on the Empire Ears IEMs thread. I hope he won't mind if I shared it here..

For those of you who are not able to use your LPG with your favorite sensitive IEMs because of the hiss, there might be a solution around the corner:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/814317/ifi-launch-competition-closed-what-the-heck-is-it/90#post_12795744

I use nothing but IEMs with the LPG. What hiss?

This is the definition of a solution looking for a problem and this is the wrong thread to find one.

Aug 27, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #2,377 of 4,765

I use nothing but IEMs with the LPG. What hiss?

This is the definition of a solution looking for a problem and this is the wrong thread to find one.

When you have a powerful source and IEMs/CIEMs with high sensitivity/low impedance (not all, though) you are prone to hear a raised noise floor referred to as hissing.  Doesn't happen with every source, all depends on their design/implementation of amp section.  But LPG is definitely one of these sources where you can hear a distinct raised noise floor level with likes of Zues-R, ES60, Andromeda, DN2kJ, etc.  You have ES5, and I would imagine it has some level of hissing, shouldn't be different than my ES60.  But also keep in mind, some people don't hear hissing due to tinnitus or different hearing level which changes as we age or due to exposure to loud surrounding environment, etc.  I love PAW Gold to death and it's my reference DAP because I trust its tunning and I know I'm evaluating sound sig of headphones/earphones rather than adding colored sound sig of the source into the mix.  But when I want to relax and just enjoy listening to Zeus-R or Andromeda or ES60 with a perfect black background, I use other sources to pair up with these "noisy" earphones.

I'm not saying iEMatch from iFi will be a definitive solution, only testing will tell, but these guys do know what they're doing.  Impedance adapters, like those typical in-series 75ohm adapter-plugs attenuate background noise but also mess with impedance of multi-BA driver IEMs/CIEMs and degrade the sound.  Will see when this iEMatch is released and if it helps.  I will keep everyone updated.

Aug 27, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #2,379 of 4,765
  Does anyone know if Lotoo sells LPGs at CanJams? And if they do, at what price?

If they do, I would imagine it shouldn't be for more than $1399 (MassDrop price and occasional amazon price).  Would be interesting to talk to Lotoo face-to-face since I'm planning to attend CJ NYC in Feb.

Aug 27, 2016 at 9:03 PM Post #2,380 of 4,765

If they do, I would imagine it shouldn't be for more than $1399 (MassDrop price and occasional amazon price).  Would be interesting to talk to Lotoo face-to-face since I'm planning to attend CJ NYC in Feb.

NYC Canjam? Cool. Is it safe to say that your wish came true? 
wink.gif

$1400 would be a sweet deal. 

Aug 28, 2016 at 1:45 PM Post #2,382 of 4,765
You sure you want to spend time reading about the solution to a problem that doesn't exist? 
wink.gif

Aug 30, 2016 at 12:48 AM Post #2,384 of 4,765
Update on the Easecase off eBay:

Ordered it on 8-20, got the email from them on 08-28 that it shipped out.   8 days to make, not bad at all.

Now it's just the waiting game for it to arrive.

Aug 30, 2016 at 12:54 AM Post #2,385 of 4,765
The case looks nice. Did not realize they offer a ton of color options until now. What color did you get?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back