Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold
Aug 19, 2016 at 5:42 PM Post #2,356 of 4,765
No hype. LPG is that good! I can't speak to the Tera player as I've never heard one, but I own the AK380/amp, and while the sound is "different", I enjoy the LPG just as much.  IMHO, the LPG is better at sub-bass and the high end excels.
exactly, no hype, the LPG is a excelent sounding Dap , i allready owned a Tera player in the past, it plays very good in terms of tone it has a very real tonality but it fails in deliver dynamics ( my opinion) so 10000 euros is not hype, is madness

Aug 19, 2016 at 8:39 PM Post #2,357 of 4,765
exactly, no hype, the LPG is a excelent sounding Dap , i allready owned a Tera player in the past, it plays very good in terms of tone it has a very real tonality but it fails in deliver dynamics ( my opinion) so 10000 euros is not hype, is madness

Indeed! Well, the fact that the Tera is really good in terms of SQ is not hype. The current price being prohibitive is a separate issue. I don't think anyone will say that it is worth €10k. :)

Anyway, what the poster was trying to say is that he expects the LPG to be chokeful of features like his LG smartphone, slickly marketed like his iPod or be cheap and cheerful like a FiiO DAP. Well, all I can say is that if one's transducers are not capable of discerning the difference in SQ or one is not able to discern the same difference, that's well and fine. But for LPG owners, we own the LPG because we appreciate the stellar SQ and ease of use and that's all that matters. :)

Aug 19, 2016 at 8:42 PM Post #2,358 of 4,765
  .... we own the LPG because we appreciate the stellar SQ and ease of use and that's all that matters.
smily_headphones1.gif

maybe not the ease of obtaining the damn thing, though, eh? 
wink.gif

I could swear Lotoo have made a product they don't wish to sell to anyone! Terrible distribution of the product.

Aug 19, 2016 at 8:46 PM Post #2,359 of 4,765
maybe not the ease of obtaining the damn thing, though, eh?  :wink:

I could swear Lotoo have made a product they don't wish to sell to anyone! Terrible distribution of the product.

Heheh! Yes, that does seem to be an issue outside Asia... My Guess is that is something that they will only get better at. :)

Aug 20, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #2,360 of 4,765

maybe not the ease of obtaining the damn thing, though, eh? 
wink.gif

I couldn't agree more!  Seems someone at Lotoo would have figured it out by now -- they could sell a lot more of the LPG if they had a better distribution network and spent a few bucks promoting a TOTL product.

Aug 23, 2016 at 5:52 AM Post #2,362 of 4,765
It took me over 30 emails to convince them on why they should sale to overseas market. To this day they are not fully open to worldwide selling.

Their major focus is professional market. The reality of LPG creation is not a product made for your average music enthusiast, it is designed for music producers to listen to their mix on the go. 

When I asked them if they will reproduce a new product the reply was 'when we have something truly better than LPG we will do so, otherwise repacking the same sound make no sense'.

Aug 23, 2016 at 5:58 AM Post #2,363 of 4,765
It took me over 30 emails to convince them on why they should sale to overseas market. To this day they are not fully open to worldwide selling.

Their major focus is professional market. The reality of it is LPG is not a product make for your average music enthusiast, it is designed for music producers to listen to their mix on the go. 

When I asked them if they will reproduce a new product the reply was 'when we have something truly better than LPG we will do so, otherwise repacking the same sound make no sense'.

Thanks for sharing.
Very interesting their approach.

Aug 23, 2016 at 6:03 AM Post #2,364 of 4,765

Their major focus is professional market. The reality of it is LPG is not a product make for your average music enthusiast, it is designed for music producers to listen to their mix on the go. 

Thanks for the info, Audionewbi. Very principled insofar as new products are concerned. :)

Aug 23, 2016 at 8:18 AM Post #2,366 of 4,765
The only thing I really, really miss on the LPG to be perfect to me is: USB charger. This is very important for me and unfortunately when I travel, I bring other DAP. But my preference of sound is always with LPG.

Aug 23, 2016 at 8:43 AM Post #2,367 of 4,765
Their major focus is professional market. The reality of LPG creation is not a product made for your average music enthusiast, it is designed for music producers to listen to their mix on the go. 

Hope you don't mind if I borrow this come review time :wink: 

Aug 23, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #2,369 of 4,765
The only thing I really, really miss on the LPG to be perfect to me is: USB charger. This is very important for me and unfortunately when I travel, I bring other DAP. But my preference of sound is always with LPG.

USB charging is not possible and it will take a very long time with the massive 6000 Mah battery inside.

Aug 23, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #2,370 of 4,765

USB charging is not possible and it will take a very long time with the massive 6000 Mah battery inside.

Yes, I know it's not possible but nowadays we have fast charging. Don't take much. I have a powerbank with 20000 mah that takes around 5 hours to be full charged. It's not a technological problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back