Introducing hip dac 3! The Legacy Continues!
Oct 29, 2023 at 7:15 AM Post #63 of 219
@Mr BubbaHyde , does Hip Dac 3 feature any desktop power mode which saves the battery during constant use?
I don’t think so, I think it plays clean because of it’s battery. But it would be quite environmental to at least give the option to be able to. A clean usb psu can get you very far, and means it is always usable, even if the battery depleted

Oct 29, 2023 at 8:28 AM Post #64 of 219
I expect it to be able to handle normal usage by women? Time will tell.
How about a belt buckle which you can stick behind HD3 for carrying purposes.

Oct 29, 2023 at 9:16 AM Post #65 of 219
Is it Ok, to connect the Hip DAC to a notebook simultaneously with 2 cables: 1 for music, the other for charging ?

Oct 29, 2023 at 10:15 AM Post #66 of 219
Is it Ok, to connect the Hip DAC to a notebook simultaneously with 2 cables: 1 for music, the other for charging ?
Yes, using and charging at the same time is supported.

Oct 29, 2023 at 9:38 PM Post #67 of 219
It is time you made a decent Dap on level of xdsd gryphon or diablo, that would be amazing.
Get a tlc phone for $200 on Amazon and 3m double sided tape and you're there!

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2023 at 6:10 PM Post #68 of 219
How about a belt buckle which you can stick behind HD3 for carrying purposes.
I appreciate your efforts in tryng your outmost in solving the probem we women face with technology developed by men, but we ladies dont put things on our belts the way macho carpenters put all their tools there. We would like to carry it near our heart in a fashinable way not to degrade our female appearance.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2023 at 10:36 PM Post #69 of 219
I appreciate your efforts in tryng your outmost in solving the probem we women face with technology developed by men, but we ladies dont put things on our belts the way macho carpenters put all their tools there. We would like to carry it near our heart in a fashinable way not to degrade our female appearance.
Indeed i apologise for missing the aesthetics of the solution.

Nov 3, 2023 at 4:01 AM Post #71 of 219
It has 2 usb-c connectors, one for data and one for power, so if you only use the data connector and not the power connector it will not draw power.

Nov 3, 2023 at 4:23 AM Post #73 of 219
Does this mean I have to keep it plugged into power as well as data (using it as a desktop dac)? Seems like it will degrade the battery, so should I power off the dac when not in use?
Sorry, can’t answer this one. I suppose your are right about battery degradation when using it as a desktop dac. Seems kinda silly you need to connect 2 cables for continuous use. Ordered my hip dac 3 weeks ago but they are still not available in the Netherlands. I wished I ordered them directly from Ifi. It seems that they are available there.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2023 at 5:05 AM Post #74 of 219
Does the hip dac 3 still draw power from battery when connected via usb c data cable to a pc?j
Just like the xdsd gryphon, I think it has two ports, one for charging, other signal only. The internal board works through battery feed only, say as a clean power source.

The problem with that is, it always uses battery. While the option power only should have been given, a real clean psu works just as well, in other words, in a while the xdsd as well as the hip dac becomes useless, when the battery is gone. A simple switch would have been enough to give a choice

Nov 3, 2023 at 5:13 AM Post #75 of 219
Yes, my Fiio Q3 has such a switch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back