Introducing HIFIMAN Ananda Nano
May 18, 2023 at 3:30 AM Post #21 of 728
ANANDANO

May 18, 2023 at 3:52 AM Post #22 of 728
I've gone right off Hifiman with all these different editions (which generally feel like a re-tuning). It destroys the re-sale value of previous models and I feel like I'm having to take a gamble each time. I'd have more confidence if they put some effort into headband design instead.
It doesn't mean the newer versions will sound better as new tunings will not appeal to everyone. So be happy with what you have bought if you like the sound :beerchug:

May 18, 2023 at 5:09 AM Post #23 of 728
It doesn't mean the newer versions will sound better as new tunings will not appeal to everyone. So be happy with what you have bought if you like the sound :beerchug:
That's the point I'm making, if you don't like the sound you may be further out of pocket due to the re-sale value plummeting (Ananda value plumetted with the announcement of Ananda Stealth...). A lot of people have to rely on the used market to try headphones. But it seems to be the way in the Asian markets, release a new model of something every 5 minutes. Just look at Topping as an example, the non-stop variants in one iem, or the new explosion in gaming handhelds. For anyone happy with it, good for you. Personally, I won't be buying anymore Hifiman.

May 18, 2023 at 5:32 AM Post #24 of 728
I frankly love how the cost keeps decreasing and driving down prices. That said, I’m a little skeptical of the changes here as Resolve reviewed this model already without knowing it was a new model and he puts it under the Edition XS in their lineup, recommending it only above XS for people with small heads due to how XS fitment is poor on smaller heads.

EDIT: apparently, Resolve commented on his video and clarified that despite the lookalike nature of the silver Ananda Stealth he reviewed, its measured impedance matches the older Stealth variant and not the lower 14 Ohms of the Nano model.

Deleted - I had incorrectly stated the silver Ananda Resolve reviewed a day before these were announced was the Nano but he made a comment in the video stating the measured impedance was not 14 Ohms like the Nano but the same as for the Stealth variant - why Hifiman sent them a silver version that looked like the new Nano but was just a silver Ananda Stealth is maddeningly annoying lol but.. 🤷🏽‍♂️😂

Last edited:
May 18, 2023 at 5:39 AM Post #25 of 728
I frankly love how the cost keeps decreasing and driving down prices. That said, I’m a little skeptical of the changes here as Resolve reviewed this model already without knowing it was a new model and he puts it under the Edition XS in their lineup, recommending it only above XS for people with small heads due to how XS fitment is poor on smaller heads.
My head isn't small and the XS felt way too big. This is what I'm talking about with headband design. I wish they'd put proper effort into that instead of these re-tuned variants. I've got EQ for that, and the OG Ananda EQs beautifully.

May 18, 2023 at 5:49 AM Post #26 of 728
My head isn't small and the XS felt way too big. This is what I'm talking about with headband design. I wish they'd put proper effort into that instead of these re-tuned variants. I've got EQ for that, and the OG Ananda EQs beautifully.

Yeah, I was tempted to try the XS despite already owning the OG Ananda already when XS was released due to some liking XS over the older Ananda, but reports of the fit deterred me and I already had similar experience with poor fit with their older, short-lived Edition XX collab with Drop, which I own but which requires a third-party headband attachment to not be too loose.

May 18, 2023 at 6:22 AM Post #27 of 728
Yeah, I was tempted to try the XS despite already owning the OG Ananda already when XS was released due to some liking XS over the older Ananda, but reports of the fit deterred me and I already had similar experience with poor fit with their older, short-lived Edition XX collab with Drop, which I own but which requires a third-party headband attachment to not be too loose.
Hifiman have open box offers and a 30day money back guarantee so you can always trial it if you wish.
I’m looking forward to seeing the data and reviews for this, it will be interesting to see if it’s worth getting over a $400 open box edition xs

May 18, 2023 at 6:35 AM Post #28 of 728
Hifiman have open box offers and a 30day money back guarantee so you can always trial it if you wish.
I’m looking forward to seeing the data and reviews for this, it will be interesting to see if it’s worth getting over a $400 open box edition xs
Yes, I’ve actually bought open box from them before and those are great deals - but for me now the Edition XS is less tempting because I’m more tempted by the Ananda Nano. 😅

May 18, 2023 at 11:08 AM Post #30 of 728

Users who are viewing this thread

Back