Introducing HIFIMAN Ananda Nano
May 31, 2023 at 9:48 AM Post #61 of 787
I’m hearing the same thing. Wonderfully open and incredibly detailed, fast, super dynamics, but cold, emotionally detached, slightly unmusical. I hear all the details of the recording but not connecting as much with the music.

Pearls but no necklace.

Perhaps I need to let them “run in@ a bit more.
Do they have that typical Hifiman edgy treble or are they smoother?

May 31, 2023 at 10:50 AM Post #62 of 787
I’m hearing the same thing. Wonderfully open and incredibly detailed, fast, super dynamics, but cold, emotionally detached, slightly unmusical. I hear all the details of the recording but not connecting as much with the music.

Pearls but no necklace.

Perhaps I need to let them “run in@ a bit more.

Interesting, sounds like my experience the first time I listened to them Edition XS, super detailed almost too a clinical level but dry and not musical at all to my ears anyway. Then I tried the Sundara and Ananda Stealth and they are/were the perfect headphones for my ears. I wonder if the new Ananda Nano leans more toward the XS, sounds like I will just stick with my regular Ananda Stealth.

May 31, 2023 at 11:33 AM Post #63 of 787
Interesting, sounds like my experience the first time I listened to them Edition XS, super detailed almost too a clinical level but dry and not musical at all to my ears anyway. Then I tried the Sundara and Ananda Stealth and they are/were the perfect headphones for my ears. I wonder if the new Ananda Nano leans more toward the XS, sounds like I will just stick with my regular Ananda Stealth.
Super detailed, but dry and not musical is exactly how I’d describe my experience.

I returned it and I’m looking at the Elex and HD660 S2 instead.

May 31, 2023 at 12:06 PM Post #65 of 787
Do they have that typical Hifiman edgy treble or are they smoother?
It’s Hiffamun treble but I think the tolerance level will be a personal choice. I think this particular treble signature is what helps open everything up but may also provide a false sense of detail.

To my ears, it is important to have sufficient lower midrange in order to keep things “musical”. This can also “soak up” some excess treble if it exists.

The Nano may be lacking in this important area. I say this because listening to the P9 and GS1000e after the Nano gave me more musical pleasure, despite those headphones being less ‘technically’ accomplished and technically more “coloured”.

“Accuracy is what everyone wants but nobody likes when they hear it”
-J. Gordon Holt

Last edited:
May 31, 2023 at 12:14 PM Post #66 of 787
Good to know, have you listened to them regular Ananda Stealth?
Unfortunately, no. I only have my limited experience with the Ananda Nano to provide.

I was really excited for the Nano and I don’t want people to feel like they shouldn’t pick up a pair, especially if they’re more tolerant to the issues I highlighted.

May 31, 2023 at 3:36 PM Post #67 of 787
Unfortunately, no. I only have my limited experience with the Ananda Nano to provide.

I was really excited for the Nano and I don’t want people to feel like they shouldn’t pick up a pair, especially if they’re more tolerant to the issues I highlighted.
I get it, I am sure someone will love it as we all have different ears but the way you described it sounds exactly like the way I describe the Edition XS to people. The regular Ananda Stealth is beautiful to me anyway.

Jun 1, 2023 at 9:29 AM Post #68 of 787
Easy to drive
For a SS amp that can also drive speakers of 4 or 8 ohms, very much in the wheelhouse. Very bad for an OTL tube amp. Many tube amps with transformers work best at 16 ohms, so they would be happy too.

Jun 1, 2023 at 9:45 AM Post #69 of 787
I've gone right off Hifiman with all these different editions (which generally feel like a re-tuning). It destroys the re-sale value of previous models and I feel like I'm having to take a gamble each time. I'd have more confidence if they put some effort into headband design instead.
Not to mention the non transferable warranty.

The people that bought the HE-6 SE at $1799 saw it go to $499 2 years later. Then the v2 was briefly at $399.

OTOH some seem to still buy the 560 for $899 for the wood or fake wood cups, and recently Adorama had the v4 for like $300.

You can still buy new in box HEK: v2, v3, SE, and I think a stealth variant or two. New Arya v2 still around I think, stealth, organic.

Never mind all these closed backs that sprouted like mushrooms in a damp woods...

Jun 1, 2023 at 3:53 PM Post #70 of 787
Not to mention the non transferable warranty.

The people that bought the HE-6 SE at $1799 saw it go to $499 2 years later. Then the v2 was briefly at $399.

OTOH some seem to still buy the 560 for $899 for the wood or fake wood cups, and recently Adorama had the v4 for like $300.

You can still buy new in box HEK: v2, v3, SE, and I think a stealth variant or two. New Arya v2 still around I think, stealth, organic.

Never mind all these closed backs that sprouted like mushrooms in a damp woods...
It isn't just hifiman that has that issue, most companies and products tend to go down over time as newer technologies get released... Just the way it is. Look at the Focal Elegiac, a bunch of people bought that for $900 when it came out and I bought it for $300 new because it is older and they have new models.

Jun 1, 2023 at 4:46 PM Post #71 of 787
It isn't just hifiman that has that issue, most companies and products tend to go down over time as newer technologies get released... Just the way it is. Look at the Focal Elegiac, a bunch of people bought that for $900 when it came out and I bought it for $300 new because it is older and they have new models.
HFM was among the first. Audeze had 3 models for like 5 years. Senn was similar with the audiophile stuff too. Since HFM was so successful doing it (along with low cost (much of it because outside of the transducers they spend little vs competitors in the same price range on pads, cables, headbands,
), and not much attention to QA, silent revisions, and trying to claim stuff like the 5SE and 5XX was directly the same (5SE) or inspired by (5XX) different and better earlier products.

If I didn’t really like the drivers I would not have bought and kept so many of them.

Jun 3, 2023 at 8:03 PM Post #73 of 787
Dude , i have no idea what are you talking about ?
response meant for another post in this thread re: the 14 ohm impedance. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back