Introducing Head-Fi Classifieds!
Oct 3, 2023 at 10:56 AM Post #436 of 449
As you can see here in the Head-Fi Classifieds FAQ and Walkthrough (which is linked at the top of the Classifieds area), you must be a member of Head-Fi for over thirty days, have 2FA enabled, and you must have over fifteen posts on Head-Fi's forums in order to post in the Classifieds area. Your post (quoted above) was your 15th post, and so it may take up to an hour for your permissions to cheange, as the system checks periodically to see if you have met the requirements.
Ahh okay I knew about the other two requirements I didn’t know you had to over 15 posts, makes sense as to why it wasn’t working haha

Oct 10, 2023 at 4:54 AM Post #437 of 449
As you can see here in the Head-Fi Classifieds FAQ and Walkthrough (which is linked at the top of the Classifieds area), you must be a member of Head-Fi for over thirty days, have 2FA enabled, and you must have over fifteen posts on Head-Fi's forums in order to post in the Classifieds area. Your post (quoted above) was your 15th post, and so it may take up to an hour for your permissions to cheange, as the system checks periodically to see if you have met the requirements.
Hi. Can't contact anyone in the classfeald Have 16 post, 31 days and 2Fa enbled

Oct 10, 2023 at 4:58 AM Post #438 of 449
Hi. Can't contact anyone in the classfeald Have 16 post, 31 days and 2Fa enbled
Pretty sure going by the join-date I'm seeing for you, based on the server time you're on the 30th day now, rather than 31, so it might start working for you tomorrow if "over thirty days" actually means it needs to be day 31.

Nov 7, 2023 at 2:26 PM Post #440 of 449
Hi,
Been a member for quite some time now. Have had luck with posting ads for sale but now am faced with being unable to post new sales to the site. I have 2FA enabled, I have tried re-setting that and rejoining 2FA. Re-started and Logged back in, waited a few days for initialisation, rebooted but all to no avail.
Could you advise where I may be going wrong?
Many thanks.

Nov 8, 2023 at 9:22 AM Post #441 of 449
Hi,
Been a member for quite some time now. Have had luck with posting ads for sale but now am faced with being unable to post new sales to the site. I have 2FA enabled, I have tried re-setting that and rejoining 2FA. Re-started and Logged back in, waited a few days for initialisation, rebooted but all to no avail.
Could you advise where I may be going wrong?
Many thanks.
It can take up to an hour after enabling 2FA for Head-Fi Classifieds to fully unlock. Looking at the time of your post you didn't wait the full hour before checking, but you should be good now.

Nov 8, 2023 at 9:51 AM Post #442 of 449
It can take up to an hour after enabling 2FA for Head-Fi Classifieds to fully unlock. Looking at the time of your post you didn't wait the full hour before checking, but you should be good now.
Thank you for a quick response AxelCloris. Unfortunately, the Listing button remains elusive. I have logged out and back in again. Still no way of listing items for sale BUT I can edit my existing listings.....

Nov 8, 2023 at 10:43 AM Post #444 of 449
Ah… OK … that explains it. Thank you very much for your assistance.

Mar 30, 2024 at 8:08 PM Post #447 of 449
To quote the Head-Fi Classifieds FAQ and Walkthrough found at the top of the Classifieds area:
Are there any requirements to post a classified?

Anyone wishing to post a classified must be a member of Head-Fi for more than thirty (30) days, have over fifteen (15) posts, and have two-factor authentication (2FA) enabled on their profile. Any Head-Fi'er who has not yet met all of these requirements will not be able to create a new classified.

Please note: Head-Fi Classifieds are reserved for Head-Fi'ers actively taking part in discussion threads. Rapidly posting to meet the 15 count or posting nonsense/low effort posts to reach the post threshold is not allowed, and will be treated as forum spam. If it is found that a Head-Fi’er reached the requirement by making such posts, those posts may be removed and access to Head-Fi Classifieds may be revoked indefinitely.

Note that once you meet the requirements, it may take up to an hour for the system to update your permissions and allow you access to create a classified.

Apr 17, 2024 at 3:31 PM Post #448 of 449
thanx for the very helpful/thorough 2fa step by step pics

i just enabled my 2fa , as i need to get/buy some stuff here

keep up the good work people

Users who are viewing this thread

Back