Introducing CL2 Planar (Impressions Thread)
Oct 13, 2018 at 6:52 PM Post #601 of 3,158
That is where I am at with it.
Looking to probably buy an alo copper litz cable, it is black in color and will go well with the CL2.
Will use the silver litz with the DM6.
Anything else, I don't know. Even if my ears can tell a difference, its not worth it for me to see whatever % improvement i will get. :wink:

I read a story about a man in Japan, he spent $100,000 dollars to buy his own telephone pole and power line so his neighbors wouldn't be on the same line, and he could enjoy his music without any noise. Seems a bit much, but its his money, and if he thinks it makes a difference to his ears who am I to criticize.

Oct 13, 2018 at 7:36 PM Post #602 of 3,158
I read a story about a man in Japan, he spent $100,000 dollars to buy his own telephone pole and power line so his neighbors wouldn't be on the same line, and he could enjoy his music without any noise. Seems a bit much, but its his money, and if he thinks it makes a difference to his ears who am I to criticize.
I’m considering killing off everyone on Earth and shutting everything down to improve my iems’ isolation. Then stopping the planet core’s convection, because magnetic interference is messing up my DAC. Inhibiting the Sun’s activity to prevent coronal mass ejections would be the cherry on top so my cables don’t pick up any noise, but let’s face it: that’s really TOTL. Don’t judge me, I just want a clean component chain

Oct 13, 2018 at 7:43 PM Post #603 of 3,158
I’m considering killing off everyone on Earth and shutting everything down to improve my iems’ isolation. Then stopping the planet core’s convection, because magnetic interference is messing up my DAC. Inhibiting the Sun’s activity to prevent coronal mass ejections would be the cherry on top so my cables don’t pick up any noise, but let’s face it: that’s really TOTL. Don’t judge me, I just want a clean component chain
You are still gonna be able to hear your heartbeat. I have a 12 gauge copper shotgun as an ultimate upgrade.
Only need to use it once to end all outside/inside noise.

Oct 13, 2018 at 7:48 PM Post #604 of 3,158
You are still gonna be able to hear your heartbeat. I have a 12 gauge copper shotgun as an ultimate upgrade.
Only need to use it once to end all outside/inside noise.
A one-in-all then? How elegant!

Oct 13, 2018 at 8:06 PM Post #605 of 3,158

I'm gonna on the record now, you have far better ears then me. You also seem to have well meaning intensions, so good luck with that plan. :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2018 at 9:33 PM Post #607 of 3,158
How does the wired sound with a dap compare to wireless?

My bluetooth headset has been send back to RHA for repair (didn't work when I got it). I have heard it sounds good, but can not really speak on it. There are some comments on it in previous posts

Oct 14, 2018 at 3:09 AM Post #609 of 3,158
I'm going to re-terminate my Plusound exo cable to 4.4 balanced.
too exited :L3000:

Oct 14, 2018 at 7:11 AM Post #610 of 3,158
Interesting...

Yes, I suppose that I'm behind the curve here but the WM1A with less than 1hr on its clock sounds substantially better than the FiiO Q5 that I have been using, the balance is so much nicer!

This will be a fun transition for the CL2 :D

Oct 14, 2018 at 7:13 AM Post #611 of 3,158
Yeah I get that
Interesting...
Yes, I suppose that I'm behind the curve here but the WM1A with less than 1hr on its clock sounds substantially better than the FiiO Q5 that I have been using, the balance is so much nicer!

Congrats, now you're off to burning in that baby for 200h :p

Oct 14, 2018 at 9:09 AM Post #612 of 3,158
Interesting...

My Q5 has taken a bit of a back seat since the arrival of my ZX300. Don’t get me wrong, the Q5 pairs really well with the CL2 but I feel the ZX300 is a step above.

Oct 14, 2018 at 9:15 AM Post #613 of 3,158
My Q5 has taken a bit of a back seat since the arrival of my ZX300. Don’t get me wrong, the Q5 pairs really well with the CL2 but I feel the ZX300 is a step above.
Yup, although I do think the Q5 wins out with EDM, but going to wait the requisite 200hrs before making a firm assessment...

Scary how money disappears, this time last week (just!) I didn't have any of this...

20181014-141224.jpg

Oct 14, 2018 at 10:02 AM Post #614 of 3,158
Yeah well now that I have the ZX300 (at -10% I consider this a steal in terms of value for money) and I know WM1Z has the BT receiver feature somehow the SP1000M is no longer so attractive for future DAP investment :p This being said I'd be curious to know how people who have heard the 1Z rate the ZX300

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2018 at 12:47 PM Post #615 of 3,158
Yeah well now that I have the ZX300 (at -10% I consider this a steal in terms of value for money) and I know WM1Z has the BT receiver feature somehow the SP1000M is no longer so attractive for future DAP investment :p This being said I'd be curious to know how people who have heard the 1Z rate the ZX300
The review from Hawaiian bad boy I saw on YouTube, the review that made me buy the ZX300, he talks about how the balanced on the zx300 is not very far off from the WM1Z, and is pretty much identical to the WM1A, minus the extra power the more expensive models have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back