Introducing CL2 Planar (Impressions Thread)
Oct 12, 2018 at 1:01 PM Post #556 of 3,158
After an afternoon with ZX300 + CL2 yes there is clearly a very high synergy between the two, it's actually much better than with the DX200/AMP8 and also better than Mojo...
That's good to hear :)
Also the portability and battery life are nice.

Oct 12, 2018 at 1:14 PM Post #557 of 3,158
I'm going to blame it on me being ill at the moment, which obviously affects things, however right now the only way I can get good SQ is with the CL2 wireless neckband, just not getting it with anything else which is irritating me...

Fingers crossed my illness goes away soon!

Oct 12, 2018 at 1:20 PM Post #558 of 3,158
I'm going to blame it on me being ill at the moment, which obviously affects things, however right now the only way I can get good SQ is with the CL2 wireless neckband, just not getting it with anything else which is irritating me... Fingers crossed my illness goes away soon!

I have written this before, but I actually think that the neckband is pretty good and smartly tuned and I prefered it to the DX200 even with AMP8... it's also a matter of synergy :p
This is a very good option to have as you don't loose that much SQ for a high degree of convenience, especially for non critical listening or travel where you don't necessarily want to bring a pricey DAP.

Now I don't regret getting a ZX300 it's now a totally different plane field for the CL2 :D
It's the great aspects of the CL2 with smoothness and 3D soundstage on top, the depth is much much better than the DX200 and Mojo. It's scary good at this price point...wow

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2018 at 2:40 PM Post #559 of 3,158
reviews.PNG

From Amazon UK. Come on UK owners, don't be shy post your reviews and impressions ASAP. :)

Oct 12, 2018 at 5:26 PM Post #560 of 3,158
There's a wireless neckband included? LOL, seriously, I didn't know there was a case for the cables and a bag for the ear pieces. Guess the box was just too fancy for my simple brain.

Oct 12, 2018 at 6:10 PM Post #561 of 3,158
Just bought a cheap Alpha & Delta AD01 to permanently attach to the bluetooth dongle. Don't wanna keep taking the mmcx connections in and out.
Can't imagine listening to the CL2 out of anything but the sony. :)

Oct 12, 2018 at 6:59 PM Post #562 of 3,158
Ok my bad i had my zx300 on equlizer mode for my other iem
I had elevated bass and turn down terrible,that's why high were muted and bass was like Atlas
Now i switched back to direct mode, and finally All is well ...
After 15 hours burn my short impressions
These iem are highly detailed transparent on highs, Medium is forward ,sounds good with vocal which is well present. Women voice sound sweeter then male vocal,
Bass is fast and deep but has not that wight as atlas bass.
May be im used to atlas dd bass.
These iem suits well with Instrumental music, Jazz, vocal

I tried all the tips came with but large silicon tips fits good
But im tempted to try tennmaak and spiral dots,

Overall very impressed with these little gems

I'm sure they will sound even better with balanced cable,
You absolutely have to go balanced.

Oct 12, 2018 at 7:40 PM Post #563 of 3,158
Sorry to hear that. Try a bigger size, (ML) maybe you can sell the mediums to someone on head fi.

Left side seems ok, but right ear seems a bit loose. It will not fallout but it isn't as secure. If that makes any sense. I guess I have two different size ear canals :floatsmile:

Oct 12, 2018 at 11:39 PM Post #564 of 3,158
You absolutely have to go balanced.

Actually I have compared both and single ended is pretty good already. Or maybe it's the bundled balanced cable, I find it's a bit artificial sounding but then again I have never been a big fan of silver plated copper cables....
I'll get the Hansound Zen balanced on monday so we'll see!

Oct 12, 2018 at 11:47 PM Post #565 of 3,158
Actually I have compared both and single ended is pretty good already. Or maybe it's the bundled balanced cable, I find it's a bit artificial sounding but then again I have never been a big fan of silver plated copper cables....
For sure, let me know what you find out about the copper cables.
Very interested to hear your comparisons.

Oct 13, 2018 at 1:15 AM Post #566 of 3,158
Gotta disagree here, just A/B balanced and single ended.
Single ended sounds a little muffled and bassier.
But then again I have 0 hours burn in on that end.
Balanced had a lot better separation, clarity, and the treble has more extension , more clarity and impact.
At least that is what I am hearing :)
It's still a great sound, but there are considerable differences.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2018 at 2:39 AM Post #567 of 3,158
Time to upgrade balanced cable, but having difficult time to choose one
Pure copper
Pure silver
silver plated copper
Hibrid copper silver
silver plated copper and gold???
what do you guys suggest thx:beerchug:

Oct 13, 2018 at 2:39 AM Post #568 of 3,158
Gotta disagree here, just A/B balanced and single ended.
Single ended sounds a little muffled and bassier.
But then again I have 0 hours burn in on that end.
Balanced had a lot better separation, clarity, and the treble has more extension , more clarity and impact.
At least that is what I am hearing :)
Waoww! I will try immediately the balanced. For the moment not completely convinced by these CL2 with the cu cable. Hope it may change with another cable and DAP because I like size and fit with the JVC tips.

Oct 13, 2018 at 3:09 AM Post #569 of 3,158
Time to upgrade balanced cable, but having difficult time to choose one
Pure copper
Pure silver
silver plated copper
Hibrid copper silver
silver plated copper and gold???
what do you guys suggest thx:beerchug:
I paid a 100 dollars for a 4.4mm spc ALO Litz cable. Looking back on it, I might have done just as well with just getting an 8 core spc Chinese generic cable for around 30 bucks on ebay.
I just bought a bgvp dm6 for my sister and have a generic balanced cable on the way, I can compare it to the ALO cable in a few days.
Anyways That is what I am using, and I am liking it.
I think spc works really well with the CL2 (stock balanced is also spc)
I would wait for more replies before making a final decision :)

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2018 at 3:26 AM Post #570 of 3,158

Not saying there isn't, just saying that with the CL2 balanced cable I don't find balanced to be a great improvement (there was a disclaimer in that initial statement).
I don't think SPC is the way to go with the CL2 as it tends to artificially boost details on lower tier cables.
But of course your mileage may vary and it depends on your taste in sound sig :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back