Introducing CL2 Planar (Impressions Thread)
Mar 8, 2020 at 8:46 AM Post #3,036 of 3,158
Hey everyone, Last week I was inserting (gently twisting) my CL2s into my ear and the case split and separated enough to scratch my ear, I took a look and sure enough it split where the two halves connect.

I purchased my set from a fellow Head-Fi’er in 2019 and assumed the warranty transferred - It does not. I reached out to RHA and they were polite but not helpful, they told me to go get them repaired at a local shop - I’m not sure who in my area could put a delicate planar IEM back together without damaging the unit.

I really love this set of IEMs in spite of the weird tuning, I find them to be exceptional and impossible to replace at this price point.

Has anyone else experienced this? How were you able to repair them?

Mar 8, 2020 at 4:55 PM Post #3,038 of 3,158
Hey everyone, Last week I was inserting (gently twisting) my CL2s into my ear and the case split and separated enough to scratch my ear, I took a look and sure enough it split where the two halves connect.

I purchased my set from a fellow Head-Fi’er in 2019 and assumed the warranty transferred - It does not. I reached out to RHA and they were polite but not helpful, they told me to go get them repaired at a local shop - I’m not sure who in my area could put a delicate planar IEM back together without damaging the unit.

I really love this set of IEMs in spite of the weird tuning, I find them to be exceptional and impossible to replace at this price point.

Has anyone else experienced this? How were you able to repair them?
just use simple crazy glue. I had to do it on one side, and it became good as new. I think the mmcx connector is very tight, and if you pull on the cable instead of using fingernails, the pressure on the housing cracks the glue.

Mar 8, 2020 at 5:44 PM Post #3,039 of 3,158
just use simple crazy glue. I had to do it on one side, and it became good as new. I think the mmcx connector is very tight, and if you pull on the cable instead of using fingernails, the pressure on the housing cracks the glue.

No risk of damaging the internals by squirting crazy glue into the shell and clamping? I haven’t changed the cable on mine since I got them, so it wasn’t caused by a cable swap - although I do recall the connector being tight.

Mar 8, 2020 at 7:51 PM Post #3,040 of 3,158
No risk of damaging the internals by squirting crazy glue into the shell and clamping? I haven’t changed the cable on mine since I got them, so it wasn’t caused by a cable swap - although I do recall the connector being tight.
Just line the outside edges, and clamp the shell for a bit.
use sparingly.
It works, and is a long term fix.

Get some glue with an applicator brush, makes the whole repair a piece of cake.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2020 at 11:15 AM Post #3,041 of 3,158
I had the same thing happen last summer to one of mine. I just put 3 drops of crazy glue in strategic spots along the edge of the shell where it would not touch the driver, and it has remained solid ever since.

Mar 10, 2020 at 3:07 PM Post #3,042 of 3,158
Just got my new (used) 1950s cable and paired it with my CL2... Of course, it sounds phenomenal....

Mar 10, 2020 at 4:42 PM Post #3,044 of 3,158

Users who are viewing this thread

Back