Introducing a high quality Bluetooth "Wireless" cable from LEAR!
Jul 16, 2016 at 7:59 AM Post #33 of 193

@lear-hk
: just to make sure I understood it correctly, no apt-X codec support and 3hr battery life?

Yes, the BTC-01 has no apt-X and about 3hrs battery life for music play back.
However, as the BTC-01 support charging  and operation at the same time, so that you can use a external battery pack or Android's OTG function to charge it and using it when battery is empty, this can help to extend the playback time a lot.

Android otg function *only* to charge it, right?

Jul 17, 2016 at 7:19 AM Post #37 of 193
Jul 17, 2016 at 7:42 AM Post #38 of 193
This seems like a good product especially reasonable price compared to westone. unfortunately 3 hour battery life is a deal breaker, especially for using on longer jogs and marathons.

Jul 17, 2016 at 7:49 AM Post #39 of 193
  This seems litke a good product especially reasonable price compared to westone. unfortunately 3 hour battery life is a deal breaker, especially for using on longer jogs and marathons.

You can charge it while using it, and the three hour battery life is likely due to the better amping on the cable. I'll take the amping. I think it is a trade-off many will be willing to make. Better sound, but slightly reduced battery life.

Jul 17, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #40 of 193
Does the wireless cable comes with a pouch/case? Would be nice if there is a dedicated case which charges the cable while storing it at the same time.

Jul 17, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #41 of 193
  Does the wireless cable comes with a pouch/case? Would be nice if there is a dedicated case which charges the cable while storing it at the same time.

Like Plantronics BBG2
wink.gif

Regardless of the dac power, 3hr battery life is way too short, imho.  It's good that you can charge it while using it, but it defeats the purpose of being wireless when you have to be plugged in or carry a portable external battery pack.  I know, it's just a trade off...

Jul 17, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #42 of 193

Like Plantronics BBG2
wink.gif

Regardless of the dac power, 3hr battery life is way too short, imho.  It's good that you can charge it while using it, but it defeats the purpose of being wireless when you have to be plugged in or carry a portable external battery pack.  I know, it's just a trade off...

I'm hoping for something that looks more elegant like the Jabra Stone case or Dash IEM or Earin lol

Jul 17, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #43 of 193
So how does this cable sound compared to just a standard output on a phone? Is the DAC/ Amp comparable to an iPhone for example?

Jul 17, 2016 at 9:05 PM Post #44 of 193
These seem like they might be just the ticket for using a good IEM for runs, but the micro-usb port on this is exposed. I'm concerned that sweat would ruin this nifty cable pretty quickly. What do y'all think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back