Intro iBasso Balanced DAC and AMP - First Impressions
Jan 6, 2010 at 9:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

kunalraiker

Headphoneus Supremus
They have done it again, the first balanced DAC AMP combo will have to get a new portable to suit this rig now
confused_face(1).gif

iBasso

What are your thoughts experts.

Larry,John,Ron any comments
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 6, 2010 at 9:57 AM Post #2 of 22
I wish they used a better system for connecting the 2 devices and for connecting headphones is what I think

Jan 6, 2010 at 10:11 AM Post #4 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not sure if I like this.
Would be more interested if they squeeze them into one box, like the D10.

I don't know, wouldn't that make the casing a little too big, also the excuse of having a huge portable rig would be ruled out
triportsad.gif

Jan 6, 2010 at 10:22 AM Post #5 of 22
a balanced dac/amp could be housed in pretty much the same case as the D10, only need second battery for the negative polarity. the dac in D10 is already capable of balanced output, it is combined down to single ended in output stage. the amp does not actually even need to be fed with a balanced signal. the OPA1632 will accept single ended and output balanced. though it does need a decent battery for the current it needs

Jan 6, 2010 at 2:34 PM Post #7 of 22
Same in my case

Jan 6, 2010 at 2:55 PM Post #8 of 22
Yeah I tried with Chrome and IE8. Their site is still down
frown.gif

Jan 6, 2010 at 6:13 PM Post #12 of 22
It is still under development...I do not think as far as I know of anything being finalized...it is very exciting, as I am very impressed with iBasso's new iterations!

Jan 6, 2010 at 6:35 PM Post #13 of 22
It will be a little while yet. And I would want them in two different cases. As other amps come out that can accept a balanced in I would prefer separates and I prefer the sound. Sure it is two instead of one case but again, I think the sound is worth it.

Jan 6, 2010 at 6:58 PM Post #14 of 22
From the google cache:
"Thw world's first portable balanced AMP

We have been developing the portable balanced AMP for more than half years. The pictures shows the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prototypes. The good news is the 4th and maybe the final prototype is coming soon.

There are separated power supplies for each channel, balanced input and single end input.

We welcome suggestions, and will adopt good suggestions on the final production. "

Jan 6, 2010 at 7:13 PM Post #15 of 22
That's been up for a few weeks now, I think this is probably the same product but a different posting. The article ID for what you posted is 102 (.../en/news/show.asp?ID=102) and the link in the OP is 103. Hopefully there's new information here.

EDIT: I tried looking up the IP address for the iBasso server, but it seems to return the same result: http://204.16.199.138/en/news/show.asp?ID=103 bummer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back