Intime SORA: Giant killer IEMs from Japan?
Aug 1, 2019 at 9:56 AM Post #151 of 1,037
No doubt the material use can have different sound. But IMO sora fit itself cannot be trusted. A slight deviation in fit can have huge equalisation effect.

Sometime when I audition my fried DAP / source the sound so awesome, but when refit and hear it 2nd time the sound changes. But I also realize better source best paired with sora on low listening volume.

Of course I can still assess those DAP signature after refit many time and getting things right the first (song choice for instance).

BTW sora become my daily driver and fully understand it's regular fit (pun intended) :ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

I also found that the supplied acoustune tips is the best. Intime team know what they're doing. The issue I experience before might just before proper burn. New and slightly oiled naturally from skin can also have different fit for thus sound changes.

But I'm still hesitate on that price of new sora though. Unless someone reliable says they're insanely upgrade.

Sep 19, 2019 at 7:21 PM Post #154 of 1,037
20190918_124441-01.jpeg
Source: LG V35 phone
Received Sora Ti yesterday. The first few hours listening to these were very disappointing. Sound was very dry and lifeless. After about 2 hrs in is when I started noticing a change in sound. First came the bass which reminded me of the "Go". Next came the treble and air similar sounding to the "Kira". Music now sounding alive with emotion. I should note that these require quite a bit of power to drive. I was almost at full volume on my LG V35 for some of my music tracks. I will say right away that I wholeheartedly prefer the Sora Ti over the Moondrop Kanas Pro. Sora Ti has a much smoother treble and vocals\mids more forward. More coherent sounding. Bass quantity is about the same but the much more controlled on the Sora Ti. Before bed, I paired the Sora Ti with my Walnut F1 amp (not sure what opamp used) and the bass was much better than from LG V35, wider soundstage and vocals smoother. Will need to compare it to my Sony ex1000...

Sep 22, 2019 at 1:39 AM Post #155 of 1,037
upload_2019-9-22_9-37-18.png

Looks really nice compared to the original from more than 2 years ago. The packaging improved way better compared to the cardboard box of old...
(New Sora courtesy amazon.jp)

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2019 at 2:06 AM Post #156 of 1,037

Looks really nice compared to the original from more than 2 years ago. The packaging improved way better compared to the cardboard box of old...
(New Sora courtesy amazon.jp)
Oooo it comes with a piece of candy?! :flushed:

Sep 22, 2019 at 2:45 AM Post #157 of 1,037
Sep 22, 2019 at 10:14 AM Post #158 of 1,037
Does the cable same with Sora (light)?

BTW just curious. Anybody recable their sora? I saw one Japan blog doing it but did not elaborate much

Oct 30, 2019 at 9:50 AM Post #159 of 1,037
Does the cable same with Sora (light)?

BTW just curious. Anybody recable their sora? I saw one Japan blog doing it but did not elaborate much

I will advise against recabling. I had a discussion over a fellow high-end audiophile and we agreed that the manufacturer tuned its products with the cables in mind, so changing the cable will actually also change the intended soundsig, and believe it or not, will only contribute to very slight improvement if not much worse downgrade. This explains why Ocharaku never makes its IEMs detachable and why Intime made SORA-Ti3 nondetachable despite making KIRA and GO so.

Nov 3, 2019 at 4:36 AM Post #160 of 1,037
I will advise against recabling. I had a discussion over a fellow high-end audiophile and we agreed that the manufacturer tuned its products with the cables in mind, so changing the cable will actually also change the intended soundsig, and believe it or not, will only contribute to very slight improvement if not much worse downgrade. This explains why Ocharaku never makes its IEMs detachable and why Intime made SORA-Ti3 nondetachable despite making KIRA and GO so.
IMG_20191103_133215.jpg

Seems logical. EOL upgrade can just be the tips for Sora`s case for very minor tuning tweaks...

Nov 6, 2019 at 9:41 PM Post #161 of 1,037

Seems logical. EOL upgrade can just be the tips for Sora`s case for very minor tuning tweaks...
I put mine with the Final Audio tips with great effect

Nov 8, 2019 at 4:03 PM Post #162 of 1,037
I put mine with the Final Audio tips with great effect

That tip (FA) is a unicorn for me right now. A friend just sent me these (BR tips)...

Jan 11, 2020 at 3:30 AM Post #163 of 1,037
Any comparison of the Ti3 with the current leaders in that price bracket? OH10, Periodic BE, E4000, Spring 1, KXXS etc. I have the Sora Light from Intime and ain't that impressed. not sure if it's worth spending more for the Ti3.

Jan 12, 2020 at 7:48 AM Post #164 of 1,037
Any comparison of the Ti3 with the current leaders in that price bracket? OH10, Periodic BE, E4000, Spring 1, KXXS etc. I have the Sora Light from Intime and ain't that impressed. not sure if it's worth spending more for the Ti3.
Someone told me it wasn't that impressive given the price. Why aren't you impressed with the Sora Light?

Jan 12, 2020 at 12:36 PM Post #165 of 1,037
Someone told me it wasn't that impressive given the price. Why aren't you impressed with the Sora Light?

Highs are a bit too much with sort of metallic sound, there's something off about their tonality somehow lean. Also driver flex and vacuum which I hate. Not a bad set overall, but I other sets I would rather listen too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back