Intime SORA: Giant killer IEMs from Japan?
Sep 5, 2021 at 1:10 AM Post #543 of 1,037
Other than sound signature, could someone provide a brief review/impression on how the higher end intime earphone (Ti3 and above) performs on the technical level (ie : layering, sepration, soundstage).

Sound signature wise I'm very satisfied with my Nagi & Kira but on layering and separation it falls a bit behind my Tin T4, so I wonder if intime have something that improves the layering and separation at least.
In regards to layering and separation. I think it may come down to synergy of DAP, cable and headphone / earphone combination.

With combo of Sony NW-ZX507 4.4mm balanced output + balanced cable (iBasso CB12s-4.4 MMCX) + Kira, I am really delighted. The entire sound signature of Kira is changed to (I feel) another level. There is a better balance of bass / sub-bass, mids and treble. The highs still have good attack, but the sparkle is reduced. The layering and separation is excellent.

Whereas with NW-ZX507 3.5mm unbalanced output + factory (unbalanced) cable + Kira, the bass / sub-bass is taking a back seat to mids and treble. The layering and separation is hidden behind the forwardness of the highs. I even tried EQing the bass up and not touching mids / treble or just slight decrease of mids / treble, the sound gets close, but can't get the same layering and separation and overall improved sound signature of the balanced output.

Sep 6, 2021 at 4:19 AM Post #544 of 1,037
Lilac (light purple) colour variety...

1630916276811.png

1630916309254.png

Sep 6, 2021 at 9:14 AM Post #545 of 1,037
耀 Akaru Yo

1630933992895.png

Sep 7, 2021 at 12:33 AM Post #550 of 1,037

Translated (Google translate) version taken from e-earphone website. Only text mentioning about its sound :

Limited quantity model of the 14th anniversary of e ☆ earphones!

intime 耀 (YO)

The parts used for high-end models are generously installed, aiming for a sharper, more responsive sound than the stainless steel housing. It is a versatile earphone with a sound field that expands further compared to "Glitter" and "Todoroki" and less distortion.

intime "Yo" is an earphone made in commemoration of the 14th anniversary by collaboration of "intime" and "e ☆ earphone".
 When I participated in the "ASSY Meeting" sponsored by "Ozeid Co., Ltd.", which manufactures and sells intime, I commercialized it based on the earphones I tuned.
 The tuning was done with an emphasis on the spread of the sound, the good balance, and the good localization of the sound. In addition, we have adopted a titanium housing that could not be selected at the ASSY meeting. The sharpness peculiar to titanium and the sound of the sound are added.

tuning of intime "耀"

Since I participated in the "ASSY Meeting" for the first time, where I could tune my favorite sounds from parts to tuning, I didn't know how much I could tune the sounds. To be honest, I was wondering if I would tune within a certain amount of adjustment, but when I participated, the adjustment range was too wide and it took a considerable amount of time. I can't say the tuning method because it's a corporate secret, but I'll make adjustments in fairly fine units and drive the sound from innumerable combinations.
 Of course, by using drivers, VST units of different generations, HDSS, etc., each has its own characteristics, so the direction will be decided. It took a lot of time to drive the sound from there, and when I wanted to get a little more low frequencies, the earphones were too wide and very difficult to produce, such as the balance being lost and the sound field feeling narrow. To be honest, even after I finally decided on the sound, it was so difficult to make adjustments that I thought there was still something I could do. In the end, with the advice of Mr. Watanabe of Ozeid, I decided the priorities and made the sound.
 The first thing I wanted to value was the size of the sound field. I felt that playing with the low frequency side had an effect on how I felt the expanse, so I searched for a balance that would give the expanse while maintaining the goodness of the lack and ensuring the volume of the low frequency. And not only does it spread to the next, but it also has a good sense of localization. I wanted to prevent the sound from being extended even if the sound field expanded, but the VST driver in charge of the high range was very good, so I was able to feel the localization firmly in the high range.
We also aimed for sound tuning, which is common to intime earphones, so that you will not get tired of listening even if you use it for a long time. For that purpose, we installed HDSS and 3rd generation VST2, and were conscious of the sound that does not stick and the good balance.
 Eventually, the parts installed in the upper model will be generously installed, and compared to the brothers "Glitter" and "Todoroki", the specifications have become much more luxurious, but it will expand further. I think we have created a versatile earphone with less sound field and distortion.
 This earphone was made with the cooperation of intime and the advice of the customers who participated in the ASSY meeting together. Please listen to it once.

Sep 7, 2021 at 4:10 AM Post #551 of 1,037
Sep 7, 2021 at 4:36 AM Post #552 of 1,037
Translated (Google translate) version taken from e-earphone website. Only text mentioning about its sound :

Limited quantity model of the 14th anniversary of e ☆ earphones!

intime 耀 (YO)

The parts used for high-end models are generously installed, aiming for a sharper, more responsive sound than the stainless steel housing. It is a versatile earphone with a sound field that expands further compared to "Glitter" and "Todoroki" and less distortion.

intime "Yo" is an earphone made in commemoration of the 14th anniversary by collaboration of "intime" and "e ☆ earphone".
 When I participated in the "ASSY Meeting" sponsored by "Ozeid Co., Ltd.", which manufactures and sells intime, I commercialized it based on the earphones I tuned.
 The tuning was done with an emphasis on the spread of the sound, the good balance, and the good localization of the sound. In addition, we have adopted a titanium housing that could not be selected at the ASSY meeting. The sharpness peculiar to titanium and the sound of the sound are added.

tuning of intime "耀"

Since I participated in the "ASSY Meeting" for the first time, where I could tune my favorite sounds from parts to tuning, I didn't know how much I could tune the sounds. To be honest, I was wondering if I would tune within a certain amount of adjustment, but when I participated, the adjustment range was too wide and it took a considerable amount of time. I can't say the tuning method because it's a corporate secret, but I'll make adjustments in fairly fine units and drive the sound from innumerable combinations.
 Of course, by using drivers, VST units of different generations, HDSS, etc., each has its own characteristics, so the direction will be decided. It took a lot of time to drive the sound from there, and when I wanted to get a little more low frequencies, the earphones were too wide and very difficult to produce, such as the balance being lost and the sound field feeling narrow. To be honest, even after I finally decided on the sound, it was so difficult to make adjustments that I thought there was still something I could do. In the end, with the advice of Mr. Watanabe of Ozeid, I decided the priorities and made the sound.
 The first thing I wanted to value was the size of the sound field. I felt that playing with the low frequency side had an effect on how I felt the expanse, so I searched for a balance that would give the expanse while maintaining the goodness of the lack and ensuring the volume of the low frequency. And not only does it spread to the next, but it also has a good sense of localization. I wanted to prevent the sound from being extended even if the sound field expanded, but the VST driver in charge of the high range was very good, so I was able to feel the localization firmly in the high range.
We also aimed for sound tuning, which is common to intime earphones, so that you will not get tired of listening even if you use it for a long time. For that purpose, we installed HDSS and 3rd generation VST2, and were conscious of the sound that does not stick and the good balance.
 Eventually, the parts installed in the upper model will be generously installed, and compared to the brothers "Glitter" and "Todoroki", the specifications have become much more luxurious, but it will expand further. I think we have created a versatile earphone with less sound field and distortion.
 This earphone was made with the cooperation of intime and the advice of the customers who participated in the ASSY meeting together. Please listen to it once.
What I could summarize from the words which might also been lost in translation is this limited edition intime YO sound signature seems to be towards neutral/balanced sounding. Maybe leaning towards the mids/high frequency as they mention that they wanted to increase the low frequency but it will decrease the soundstage, so they need to settle somewhere in between.

Damn, this is really tempting.

Sep 7, 2021 at 4:43 AM Post #553 of 1,037
The packaging is rather nice
1631004009303.png

I'm not sure if that's a needle size shell relief vent, but if it is, sound field may be larger on them...
1631004159228.png

Sep 8, 2021 at 12:55 AM Post #555 of 1,037
Packaging same as nagi which is alrite, but the actual cover box is actually better than the photo.
Yes, the packaging is the same as Nagi, Kira, Kyo and Go, though like you mentioned the cover box seems nicer with black and gold print. Even the IEM outer casing design is the same, which indicates that they're of the same series. Same goes with Sora series, although the packaging is different between the lower and higher end models, the casing design is simillar from Sora Light to Ti3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back