Intime SORA: Giant killer IEMs from Japan?
Jul 4, 2021 at 5:31 PM Post #511 of 1,037
Jul 4, 2021 at 6:49 PM Post #513 of 1,037
I have other intime as well , the sora midnight , sora antique , sora light , sora light 2019 , sora 2. The sho is an audiophile basshead.id you want to hear the start with sora 2019 and sora 2
Got the Sora 2, but lacking a lot of bass for me. So I got the GO and was very dissapointed by it, sounded like a regular chi-fi iem with bloated bass....

Graph wise, the Sora 1 and Sora Light looks great to me.
graph - 2021-07-05T004810.490.png

graph - 2021-07-05T004821.809.png

Jul 4, 2021 at 8:55 PM Post #514 of 1,037
Got the Sora 2, but lacking a lot of bass for me. So I got the GO and was very dissapointed by it, sounded like a regular chi-fi iem with bloated bass....

Graph wise, the Sora 1 and Sora Light looks great to me. graph - 2021-07-05T004810.490.png
graph - 2021-07-05T004821.809.png
Sora 2 is definitely light bass ,the sora light has bass and the sho is the best in bass wise from intime , also forgot about the ti3 which is better bass then sora light 2019

Jul 4, 2021 at 11:05 PM Post #516 of 1,037
Sora 2 bass seems like the borderline limit for me but mainly due to it being more prominent in mid bass it sounded boomy rather than punchy. I found that I wouldn't really mind the extended bass but would like it to be fast,accurate and controlled (punchy?), not boomy (not sure if I'm using the right terms).

When it's said that Sho and Ti3 has better bass, is it boomy or fast? How is it compared to Nagi, if anyone could make the comparison?

Jul 6, 2021 at 4:04 AM Post #520 of 1,037
Any comparisons between the Nagi and Sora, Sora 2 and Sora Light?
I like the Kira but just hoping there is bit more warmth

Jul 6, 2021 at 10:40 PM Post #521 of 1,037
This is based on your comparison between Ti3 or Nagi? Is the bass of Sho DD simillar in quality to Sora2 but extended?

TOTALLY! Have you heard Ti3 and Sho DD? Is it still better than these two?
You can check the FR. Ti3 got more bass quantity AFAIK, quality not sure.
EST50's actually have similarities with nagi in terms of bass.
Check the reviews

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2021 at 1:55 AM Post #522 of 1,037
I can only compare Sora2, Nagi and Kira.

Nagi :
Bass - Controlled and accurate.
Mids & treble - Pretty much the same throughout Intime with Kira being the brightest, Sora2 and Nagi pretty much the same audibly. Sora2 and Nagi having a fuller bodied sound compared to Kira.
Technicality - Adequate soundstage and layering. Better than Sora2 maybe on par with Kira.

Kira :
Bass - Lacks sub-bass, only starts to rise around mid bass.
Mids & treble - The brightest among the 3. Less full bodied compared to Nagi & Sora2.
Technicality - Adequate soundstage and layering. Better than Sora2 seems like on par with Nagi.

Sora 2 :
Bass - Boomy. Kick drum sounds accurate but bassline not so much.
Mids & treble - Sora2 and Nagi pretty much the same audibly. Sora2 and Nagi having a fuller bodied sound compared to Kira.
Technicality - Smaller/intimate soundstage. Layering is adequate but can get little crowded on bright, multi-instruments track.

Jul 7, 2021 at 2:26 AM Post #523 of 1,037
I can only compare Sora2, Nagi and Kira.

Nagi :
Bass - Controlled and accurate.
Mids & treble - Pretty much the same throughout Intime with Kira being the brightest, Sora2 and Nagi pretty much the same audibly. Sora2 and Nagi having a fuller bodied sound compared to Kira.
Technicality - Adequate soundstage and layering. Better than Sora2 maybe on par with Kira.

Kira :
Bass - Lacks sub-bass, only starts to rise around mid bass.
Mids & treble - The brightest among the 3. Less full bodied compared to Nagi & Sora2.
Technicality - Adequate soundstage and layering. Better than Sora2 seems like on par with Nagi.

Sora 2 :
Bass - Boomy. Kick drum sounds accurate but bassline not so much.
Mids & treble - Sora2 and Nagi pretty much the same audibly. Sora2 and Nagi having a fuller bodied sound compared to Kira.
Technicality - Smaller/intimate soundstage. Layering is adequate but can get little crowded on bright, multi-instruments track.
I see, thanks for the comparison, then it does seem there is no real need for me to get the Nagi too, since it doesn't differ too much from Sora 2.

Jul 7, 2021 at 5:02 AM Post #524 of 1,037
I see, thanks for the comparison, then it does seem there is no real need for me to get the Nagi too, since it doesn't differ too much from Sora 2.
There is substantial difference. I didn't do much justice with my comparison but though the mids and high sounds the same from my impression but the bass quality in Nagi is on another level above of Sora 2. And even if soundstage is not your thing (it's an IEM anyway, better soundstage could be achieved from headphones), the sound layering on Nagi is better than Sora 2. I could still consider Kira and Nagi to be a side-grade, depends on your sound preference but Sora 2 and Nagi is definately and upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back