Interview with Noel Lee, "Head Monster" of Monster Products - Head-Fi TV
Jul 31, 2013 at 6:39 PM Post #76 of 82
Quote:
Which means they're just getting started expanding their market...

well now that im thinking, in a way I hope they don't appeal to the audiophile community because I feel like they would make many products that because of their name would overshadow others. because of that I do think they would be capable of making the m50 equivalent at many price points, great cans just blocking a lot of well deserved light on the many other great products.

Jul 31, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #77 of 82
Quote:
what I would like to see more from them , I think it would be great if they kept their prices, but could could compare to the likes of d2000, hd598, and others at that price point.

It think it should be compared more to the likes of the Momentum, MDR-1R and the M100 due to the fact that they are competing in that class of closed portable fashionable headphones.
For that class of headphones they do not fair so bad actually.

Aug 1, 2013 at 5:05 AM Post #78 of 82
Quote:
It think it should be compared more to the likes of the Momentum, MDR-1R and the M100 due to the fact that they are competing in that class of closed portable fashionable headphones.
For that class of headphones they do not fair so bad actually.

Really? I thought none of them compared to the other big options (1R, UE9000, SennMoment, M100 etc)
In sound signature, yes they compare, but in timbre and resolution, no way. 

Aug 1, 2013 at 11:09 AM Post #79 of 82
Quote:
Really? I thought none of them compared to the other big options (1R, UE9000, SennMoment, M100 etc)
In sound signature, yes they compare, but in timbre and resolution, no way. 

well at least the performance is not as bad as when being compared to the fullsize open category. The performance gap isn't too many miles apart though it is not close to topping any of them.
(well i guess my expectations for them have gone too low for me to make proper judgement.)

Aug 2, 2013 at 9:49 AM Post #81 of 82
I should have kept mine to opwnw and replace the drivers, but in the end they were too expensive to mess with and I was ashamed to even own them.
Who would take me seriously if I listened to such inferior product?
I would feel like an uneducated fool with them, knowing there are so poor in sound and sooo much better cans out there.
When I see anyone with a beats or monster can, I instantly feel so sorry for them being so naive and not ever knowing how a good can sounds.
It is sad but amazing as well how monster made headphones so popular!
So at least some good came out of it!

Sep 5, 2013 at 9:12 AM Post #82 of 82
Honestly I was not impressed with the Noise cancelling of the Monster headphones, I felt the Polk Audio UF8000 and Ferrari T350 destroyed them. I had 5 sets of headphones on a plane coming back from CES in 2013 and did my test on the 3 hour plane ride. Had 3 differently people all testing together.

The Monster DNA i have been impressed with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back