Interesting Sennheiser HD 800 Review by Ken Rockwell
Jan 10, 2011 at 11:53 AM Post #46 of 51
He just says things to be incendiary.  I am a photographer, so I'm not going to click on his link, but please let this thread die.  He lists specs pretty well, but his reviews are just there to incite people to link to him.  Every time you do, he laughs all the way to the bank, and when you actually visit, he gets to laugh all the way back too.  He says stupid things like, "If you asked me, I'd rather have Nikon's $400 camera than their $8,000 camera.  I can't think of one thing that the more expensive one does better."  Then, people get angry, talk about him, and other people check him out.  It's an unfortunate snowball effect.  If he said anything in the review, just smile and move on.  By continuing this thread, you're just paying for his next Mercedes or BMW.

Edit: I just read the thread, and that's very likely Ken Rockwell, googling himself from his iphone.  You guys don't have many friends with them, do you?  That post by him just shouts "Written from an iphone."  The shift key is next to the A key, which explains why there are A's missing and capital letters next to the missing A.

Jan 10, 2011 at 11:56 AM Post #47 of 51

Quote:
He just says things to be incendiary.  I am a photographer, so I'm not going to click on his link, but please let this thread die.  He lists specs pretty well, but his reviews are just there to incite people to link to him.  Every time you do, he laughs all the way to the bank, and when you actually visit, he gets to laugh all the way back too.  He says stupid things like, "If you asked me, I'd rather have Nikon's $400 camera than their $8,000 camera.  I can't think of one thing that the more expensive one does better."  Then, people get angry, talk about him, and other people check him out.  It's an unfortunate snowball effect.  If he said anything in the review, just smile and move on.  By continuing this thread, you're just paying for his next Mercedes or BMW.

Hear, hear. Move along people, nothing (of interest) to see here.

Jan 11, 2011 at 1:25 AM Post #48 of 51

Quote:

Edit: I just read the thread, and that's very likely Ken Rockwell, googling himself from his iphone.  You guys don't have many friends with them, do you?  That post by him just shouts "Written from an iphone."  The shift key is next to the A key, which explains why there are A's missing and capital letters next to the missing A.

noobies love him cuz he saves them money.  pisses off the extreme hobbyists and "advanced" shooters cuz he basically calls them stupid for spending money on "unnecessary" gear. :p

i like going to his website for technical specs since i shoot digital nikon currently :)

Jan 11, 2011 at 6:10 AM Post #49 of 51

I don't know about his photographic reviews, but based on what others have said about the HD800 I don't see his remarks as being totally off the wall. Not that I was considering getting the 800, but if I had been I'd have found his opinion very helpful.

Quote:
He just says things to be incendiary.  I am a photographer, so I'm not going to click on his link, but please let this thread die.  He lists specs pretty well, but his reviews are just there to incite people to link to him.  

Jan 11, 2011 at 1:13 PM Post #50 of 51
I agree that the HD800 is in a different world soundstage-wise than any other headphone I've heard, including the AKG K701's. Anyone claiming otherwise wouldn't get much faith from me when it comes to audio reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back