Interesting machine from Luxury n Precision
Oct 28, 2023 at 7:41 PM Post #3,406 of 4,030
P6Pro Ti99 doesn't support more then 1 TB microSD? At least that's what written on the tech specs
No streaming I assume?
And still the old UI with no search features?

I would assume that is the case. Especially for streaming. LP feels quite strongly about that. :)

Oct 28, 2023 at 7:50 PM Post #3,407 of 4,030
P6Pro Ti99 doesn't support more then 1 TB microSD? At least that's what written on the tech specs
No streaming I assume?
And still the old UI with no search features?
The 1 TB micro SD card works fine now. I swear by this size with my record collection. I use it even on their 5 year old LP6TI. Not really a problem but it seems they don't like to advertise this. As someone mentioned the LP philosophy is to keep everything simple because having a full android based system is likely to impact the purity of the sound and detract from the natural sound quality but for streaming you can use an external device such as your iphone as a streaming device and the P6Pro purely as a DAC via SPDIF output. The have their LP OS which is a very cut down version of android OS to focus entirely on the natural delivery of the sound and uses less power. From what I understand the old p6pro was achieving 15 hours plus already of non stop playing. I think they can do better now after 2 years with these new LI-Sulphur batteries where they can 5X the life out of them.

This very simple, minimalist design with Eichezen lacquered wood and "less is more" appeals to a lot of purists. They didn't even want bluetooth on it but they did this to pamper to some of the users. In a way, I quite like the simple interface where the boot up is fast and none fussy. I prefer a simple interface where 2-3 touches gets me to play a song straight away and there is absolutely no lag time in the screen displays. I am happy to have a simple text interface as long as a good sound, battery life and small portable size is achieved.

Oct 28, 2023 at 8:06 PM Post #3,408 of 4,030
The 1 TB micro SD card works fine now. I swear by this size with my record collection. I use it even on their 5 year old LP6TI. Not really a problem but it seems they don't like to advertise this. As someone mentioned the LP philosophy is to keep everything simple because having a full android based system is likely to impact the purity of the sound and detract from the natural sound quality but for streaming you can use an external device such as your iphone as a streaming device and the P6Pro purely as a DAC via SPDIF output. The have their LP OS which is a very cut down version of android OS to focus entirely on the natural delivery of the sound and uses less power. From what I understand the old p6pro was achieving 15 hours plus already of non stop playing. I think they can do better now after 2 years with these new LI-Sulphur batteries where they can 5X the life out of them.

This very simple, minimalist design with Eichezen lacquered wood and "less is more" appeals to a lot of purists. They didn't even want bluetooth on it but they did this to pamper to some of the users. In a way, I quite like the simple interface where the boot up is fast and none fussy. I prefer a simple interface where 2-3 touches gets me to play a song straight away and there is absolutely no lag time in the screen displays. I am happy to have a simple text interface as long as a good sound, battery life and small portable size is achieved.

Just one point to add: the P6Pro does not actually have spdif output, unlike the LP6 range. However, you can still use the USB input from your iPhone; the P6Pro actually has the option to switch off charging from the device connected via USB (unlike the LP6 which does not have that option). The alternative is to use BT streaming from an android device.

Agree on the minimalist approach on LP devices and the resulting speed. :)

Oct 28, 2023 at 8:35 PM Post #3,409 of 4,030
Just one point to add: the P6Pro does not actually have spdif output, unlike the LP6 range. However, you can still use the USB input from your iPhone; the P6Pro actually has the option to switch off charging from the device connected via USB (unlike the LP6 which does not have that option). The alternative is to use BT streaming from an android device.

Agree on the minimalist approach on LP devices and the resulting speed. :)
My bad, I am confused with the LP6 TI. You are right, it does not have the SPDIF coaxial connector as such but has a line out. It would look weird on a little unit like this:) Cheers for the correction.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2023 at 8:40 PM Post #3,410 of 4,030
My bad, I am confused with the LP6 TI. You are right, it does not have the SPDIF coaxial connector as such but has a line out. It would look weird on a little unit like this:) Cheers for the correction.
No worries at all. Yeah… that would be attempting to squeeze too much into the more compact form factor. LP is fair though: both LP6 and P6Pro have 2 ways of connecting to an external streaming source. In fact, for some, the BT streaming mode may be preferred. :)

Oct 28, 2023 at 9:23 PM Post #3,411 of 4,030
No worries at all. Yeah… that would be attempting to squeeze too much into the more compact form factor. LP is fair though: both LP6 and P6Pro have 2 ways of connecting to an external streaming source. In fact, for some, the BT streaming mode may be preferred. :)
If I use Roon/Tidal, I just go to my Cayin N8ii. If I want a simple pure and natural sound on the go, I use my LP. This fits my lifestyle.👍

Oct 28, 2023 at 9:39 PM Post #3,412 of 4,030
No streaming I assume?
LP has never (in its past) and will not (for the foreseeable future) make their DAPs with built in streaming. The next generation devices (7th generation) will NOT have streaming either. 8th generation will not have streaming either. Wan has no plans or desire whatsoever to built streaming into anything they produce. All LP players utilized LP OS, in house operating system.

Oct 28, 2023 at 10:14 PM Post #3,413 of 4,030
What source do you need to drive STORM efficiently? I tried it early this year at CanJam NYC, and while LPGT drove it loud enough with some headroom, it was clearly not driven to its full potential. And you hear from other owners using it with less powerful daps. So what is a proper source for these? I thought LP6 Ti was designed to drive more demanding headphones like HD800s. Or maybe it needs a boost from something like C9?
The main problem is not the sound intensity, but increasing the volume to a certain level will cause sound distortion. A device with sufficient power is one with a wide response volume range. STorm is an electrostatic iem so the conditions for it are also different.

Oct 28, 2023 at 11:02 PM Post #3,414 of 4,030
The main problem is not the sound intensity, but increasing the volume to a certain level will cause sound distortion. A device with sufficient power is one with a wide response volume range. STorm is an electrostatic iem so the conditions for it are also different.
Everyone’s sensitivity to distortion level is also different and the type of music and frequency are factors. Do this test and see what level your ears can pick up.

Oct 28, 2023 at 11:15 PM Post #3,415 of 4,030
Well, according to Subtonic, the Storm has 2 SLAM Woofers, 5 Balanced Armature (BA) Drivers and 2 Electrostatic (EST) Drivers. Not just EST drivers. And there are many other hybrid IEMs that come with EST drivers as well. And no issues mentioned in this respect. :)

Oct 29, 2023 at 1:44 AM Post #3,416 of 4,030
You might listen at lower volumes than I did.
The P6 Pro would distort at higher volumes with Storm. Tried both black and silver versions.
In addition, transients were smeared compared to dx320Max.

The P6 Pro HK edition (and Ti edition, which has the same power specs as HK edition) might be better but I won’t get it til mid November.
I listen pretty loud actually, and P6Pro goes to 60 on its volume, and Storm sounded great at around 40 and I got no distortion. I am currently finding Elysian Annihilator to require about the same power.

Oct 29, 2023 at 2:01 AM Post #3,417 of 4,030
I listen pretty loud actually, and P6Pro goes to 60 on its volume, and Storm sounded great at around 40 and I got no distortion. I am currently finding Elysian Annihilator to require about the same power.
Not as loud as I did :) not always, of course, but often enough that made it clear the amp section wasn’t enough for how I think Storm should sound.

Oct 29, 2023 at 2:06 AM Post #3,418 of 4,030
Slumberman, knowing your lifestyle, I think you should get your P6Pro checked out:wink: It's rare for a Non oversampling R2R unit to have such big differences on the input and output of sound the DAC/Amp especially from LP. Could have a faulty unit or the Storm/cable is not that great kakal:wink:
I tried two different P6 Pros, LP6 and LP6 ti.
They drive Storm but just at moderate levels.

There are cut outs / distortion at higher volumes, which bothered me enough and happens often enough to let me move to another DAP, unfortunately.

Oct 29, 2023 at 2:10 AM Post #3,419 of 4,030
So, this is one way to stream with the P6Pro: BT streaming. Easy if you have an android mobile. Or from a DAP. :)

IMG_0368.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back