Interesting machine from Luxury n Precision
Oct 27, 2023 at 6:49 PM Post #3,379 of 4,027
I look forward to your impression, you have a fairly objective take on things.
I usually like to do some research on the technicals on this DAP before buying but there is currently very little on this apart from that one snippet. I have no skin in the game on this so can state the good and the bad, only a selfish reason to say what I think would make it a better DAP which I would enjoy as a user. But ultimately, sound preference is a individual taste and everyone is different. I listen to the DAP every night and it cannot be good for my ears now. I've always have a soft spot for the R2R technology over the Sigma-Delta since it can accurately reproduce the sound without introducing significant distortion and I am not a fan of sound shaping and oversampling.

After consideration, it seems like the objective for the P series is to get the best sound possible whilst retaining the portability of the unit but also crossing over into the luxury end. Therefore, I am happy if I can get a sound as close to the LP6TI whilst remaining small and light with a better battery life than that of the LP6TI. Whilst I understand there may be less equivalent R2R DAC chips compared to the LP range at the expense of portability, I am hoping they have come up with new technology here to make it sound just as good if not better after all these years. I figured LP has to be doing something right in the back room all this time.

Seems like the Op Amp improved on this with the LP6 Platinum firmware resulting in a 2 db change which may or may not even be noticeable to most human ear depending on sensitivity. I had the LP6 Platinum for some time and really like that smooth sound tailored made for Japanese pop music and in my opinion the most luxurious DAP to be designed, better than the 7AE. Hence I got to try this one:)

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2023 at 7:25 PM Post #3,380 of 4,027
I usually like to do some research on the technicals on this DAP before buying but there is currently very little on this apart from that one snippet. I have no skin in the game on this so can state the good and the bad, only a selfish reason to say what I think would make it a better DAP which I would enjoy as a user. But ultimately, sound preference is a individual taste and everyone is different. I listen to the DAP every night and it cannot be good for my ears now. I've always have a soft spot for the R2R technology over the Sigma-Delta since it can accurately reproduce the sound without introducing significant distortion and I am not a fan of sound shaping and oversampling.

After consideration, it seems like the objective for the P series is to get the best sound possible whilst retaining the portability of the unit but also crossing over into the luxury end. Therefore, I am happy if I can get a sound as close to the LP6TI whilst remaining small and light with a better battery life than that of the LP6TI. Whilst I understand there may be less equivalent R2R DAC chips compared to the LP range at the expense of portability, I am hoping they have come up with new technology here to make it sound just as good if not better after all these years. I figured LP has to be doing something right in the back room all this time.

Seems like the Op Amp improved on this with the LP6 Platinum firmware resulting in a 2 db change which may or may not even be noticeable to most human ear depending on sensitivity. I had the LP6 Platinum for some time and really like that smooth sound tailored made for Japanese pop music and in my opinion the most luxurious DAP to be designed, better than the 7AE. Hence I got to try this one:)

Great that you managed to secure a unit @Steranko. Yes, the campaign for the P6Pro Ti is shorter than the one run for the 7AE. The portability and form factor of the P6Pro is always an attraction for ease of use. The ACG tuning is also great as prior to this, it was only available on the very limited Japanese edition of the LP6 Platinum. This tuning could be great not just for classic Japanese ACG but also Chinese pop. So, this will certainly be an exciting prospect. Looking forward to these being shipped out next week. :)

Oct 27, 2023 at 7:33 PM Post #3,382 of 4,027
I had 7AE and while it is razr sharp with pin point accuracy and highest micro details, i feel it didn't have the sheer musicality while still having great resolution and warmth of P6PRO. At the end of the day its all preference and how one's iems pair with each dap. If P6PRO TI can improve on the legendary P6PRO it will be one amazing dap.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2023 at 7:47 PM Post #3,383 of 4,027
I was this close to click on buy for the P6proTi randomly this happened, ill pause for now.
20231028_103531.jpg

Oct 27, 2023 at 8:05 PM Post #3,384 of 4,027
I've also blindly placed an order. Have to test this beast out. Hope the delivery is next week and I am allocated a good number:wink:
Did you get the new AP yet?

Oct 27, 2023 at 8:13 PM Post #3,385 of 4,027
I had 7AE and while it is razr sharp with pin point accuracy and highest micro details, i feel it didn't have the sheer musicality while still having great resolution and warmth of P6PRO. At the end of the day its all preference and how one's iems pair with each dap. If P6PRO TI can improve on the legendary P6PRO it will be one amazing dap.
Yeah… the great thing about the LP6 and P6Pro is that both have their own strengths and their own signature and will appeal to different folks. So, it is good that in addition to the LP6 Ti AE, there is now the P6Pro Ti. :)

Oct 27, 2023 at 8:15 PM Post #3,386 of 4,027
Can this DAP drive headphones?
At this early stage, we won’t be able to tell. Perhaps when delivery has been made and some folks use them with headphones. I do use the P6Pro with my MySphere 3.1 but not so often.

Oct 27, 2023 at 9:13 PM Post #3,389 of 4,027
I was this close to click on buy for the P6proTi randomly this happened, ill pause for now.20231028_103531.jpg
Time to send your P6 in for repairs? I recall this is not the first time you are having problems with yours. Whilst everyone else seems to be pretty fine with their P6Pros. :)

Oct 27, 2023 at 9:22 PM Post #3,390 of 4,027
Time to send your P6 in for repairs? I recall this is not the first time you are having problems with yours. Whilst everyone else seems to be pretty fine with their P6Pros. :)
It must be my awful bad luck. Went to repair(that was the P6), paid for upgrade.
This is not the P6Pro TI99 right? This is the old P6?
No, this is P6pro grey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back