Interesting machine from Luxury n Precision
Mar 27, 2022 at 2:14 AM Post #2,506 of 3,957
Just wanted to point out I did not buy from a grey market, I bought from a shop in China, who is a LP reseller.

Point is yes if they aren't selling in your country, be cautious about after market service.
None of my daps have been from the UK and most of them have been pre-used but i've never been refused service from a manufacturer. Even ones that still had warranty have been honoured.
I will definitely be avoiding L&P though.

p.s. what happened to yours? Did it just stop working or did a firmware update brick it?

Mar 27, 2022 at 2:44 AM Post #2,507 of 3,957
None of my daps have been from the UK and most of them have been pre-used but i've never been refused service from a manufacturer. Even ones that still had warranty have been honoured.
I will definitely be avoiding L&P though.

p.s. what happened to yours? Did it just stop working or did a firmware update brick it?
I tried to update the firmware, something happened middle of an update, and when I forced a restarted the internal memory just became not usable. I still could use the microSD card. As of last week, the player just remains on the logo screen.

The LP Engineer believes it is a bad SSD. This stuff does happen and comments like the mind do seem to upset some of the royal LP users. My aim is not to trash the brand, all those who have tried to communicate with LP before they became popular in the west can attest how hard it is to get in contact with them.
I got no horse in this race, I'm not trying to give LP bad rep, I'm just an end user with a very expensive almunium brick :)

Mar 27, 2022 at 3:25 AM Post #2,508 of 3,957
I tried to update the firmware, something happened middle of an update, and when I forced a restarted the internal memory just became not usable. I still could use the microSD card. As of last week, the player just remains on the logo screen.

The LP Engineer believes it is a bad SSD. This stuff does happen and comments like the mind do seem to upset some of the royal LP users. My aim is not to trash the brand, all those who have tried to communicate with LP before they became popular in the west can attest how hard it is to get in contact with them.
I got no horse in this race, I'm not trying to give LP bad rep, I'm just an end user with a very expensive almunium brick :)
I think it goes beyond hard, when the whole service team doesn't speak a lick of English. I had to reach out to L&P once thru Andrew @ Musicteck just to find out Andrew is literally using Google Translate and even he gave up being the middle man and just started CCing me on the correspondence and everything was in Chinese. I happened to be able to read and type the language but L&P servicing team quite frankly isn't as helpful as they could be.

This is definitely the reason to go thru a local distributor/reseller because in the event the unit needs to be serviced the burden falls under the local distributor.

Mar 27, 2022 at 5:15 AM Post #2,509 of 3,957
The LP6 Ti AE does work wonders with DD based IEMs like the SoftEars Turii Ti. :) Last listen before I packed it up and send it back to @Uncle Wilson at Jaben SG tomorrow.

32DB4B98-DDAF-4E7F-B7A1-5DFF031740E3.jpeg

Mar 28, 2022 at 7:10 PM Post #2,510 of 3,957
LP6 inbound. I've read through a fair bit of this thread and picked up the main thing which is formatting SD to FAT32. Is there anything i need to be aware of for the files themselves? I'm actually in the process of sorting tags (using jriver) so just want to make sure that what would be a regular format applies to LP.

eg, can I leave cue/mu/txt/jpg files etc in the folders or do they need to be barebones track only?

I've also got quite a few albums that have more than the album title in the folder name, eg, some have album, year, label etc but obviously metadata changes this on both pc and regular dap. Should I edit these accordingly?

Educate me.... :)

Mar 28, 2022 at 7:12 PM Post #2,511 of 3,957
LP6 inbound. I've read through a fair bit of this thread and picked up the main thing which is formatting SD to FAT32. Is there anything i need to be aware of for the files themselves? I'm actually in the process of sorting tags (using jriver) so just want to make sure that what would be a regular format applies to LP.

eg, can I leave cue/mu/txt/jpg files etc in the folders or do they need to be barebones track only?

I've also got quite a few albums that have more than the album title in the folder name, eg, some have album, year, label etc but obviously metadata changes this on both pc and regular dap. Should I edit these accordingly?

you can check out here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/fold...yNXpmdjQ?resourcekey=0-eN-8MYKa12qTZ2oLzmUvdA

For the latest firmware

Mar 28, 2022 at 7:15 PM Post #2,512 of 3,957

Also to organize your files
Drivesort has come recommended to do so

quick and easy, with a straight forward process

Mar 28, 2022 at 7:39 PM Post #2,513 of 3,957
^ Yes, organize all your files in the order you like (I do alphabetical by artist) on a separate hard drive or SD card then transfer them all in one shot to the card you will use in the DAP. That way when you search for anything it will be easy and make sense....

Mar 28, 2022 at 8:23 PM Post #2,515 of 3,957
Thanks guys. Is there a link anywhere for the manual? Had a look on LP site but isn't translating...

Mar 29, 2022 at 10:01 AM Post #2,518 of 3,957
USB OTG cable from phone to LP6 with res of 96/16. You wouldn't really use max and LP6 together, you could, but that would pretty much be a total waste of MAX.

Mar 29, 2022 at 12:16 PM Post #2,519 of 3,957
USB OTG cable from phone to LP6 with res of 96/16. You wouldn't really use max and LP6 together, you could, but that would pretty much be a total waste of MAX.
Thanks. So basically CD quality in terms of bits. Do you think there would be any difference in streaming SQ using this method, compared to the playing the Max with Bluetooth solely?

Mar 29, 2022 at 12:40 PM Post #2,520 of 3,957
LP6 doesn't do Bluetooth, you'd need to look at P6 Pro for streaming.

Not quite sure where MAX fits into the equation with this one.

Option 1. Use MAX as is for streaming.
Option 2. Get LP6, use phone etc with OTG USB for streaming
Option 3. Get LP6, use MAX connected through OTG USB, possible spidf but not sure what difference that would make, might give you 96/24, I'd need to go research. Overkill for streaming IMO as to my ears RB is better than streaming anyway and phone to LP6 would be good enough for me.
Option 4. Get P6 Pro for standalone if wanting R2R.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back