Interesting machine from Luxury n Precision
Mar 26, 2022 at 7:59 PM Post #2,491 of 3,980
Just a word of warning, buy from your local dealer and if you don't have, buy from an authorized reseller. I bought my P6 way before LP was selling them to the overseas market.

My P6 recently literally bricked itself, emailed LP, they don't want to deal with the overseas market due to customs issues, they recommendation was that I come over to China and they will fix it for me.

Mar 26, 2022 at 8:16 PM Post #2,492 of 3,980
Just a word of warning, buy from your local dealer and if you don't have, buy from an authorized reseller. I bought my P6 way before LP was selling them to the overseas market.

My P6 recently literally bricked itself, emailed LP, they don't want to deal with the overseas market due to customs issues, they recommendation was that I come over to China and they will fix it for me.

That is what you call garbage customer service !
It's the same as saying F off !
That's L&P totally crossed off my list for any possible future purchases. Where does that leave people who bought one used?

Not had any of that nonsense from iBasso, Hiby, FiiO or even Lotoo when i've asked for help on used out of warranty daps.

Mar 26, 2022 at 8:36 PM Post #2,493 of 3,980
I should he been patient and bought from Musictek, but decide to buy from China.

Just a word of caution, I wanted to share as these things aren't a through away product. I spent 10k AUD on LP product, I assumed after-sale service should be as simple as show invoice and repair at whatever cost there is (after warranty is over).

My P6 crushed the middle of firmware update, developed issues from there and things just went downhill from there.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2022 at 9:25 PM Post #2,494 of 3,980
I should he been patient and bought from Musictek, but decide to buy from China.

Just word of cautious, I wanted to share as this things aren't a through away product. I spent 10k AUD on LP product, I assumed after sale service should be as simple as show invoice and repair at whatever cost there is (after warranty is over).

My P6 crushed middle of firmware update, developed issues from there and things just went down bill from there.
Maybe @bluestorm1992 can chime in as he have multiple communications with L&P owner. Maybe this issue might be blown out of proportion and just a misunderstanding. 👍

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2022 at 9:33 PM Post #2,495 of 3,980
As I understand it, if you purchase it from Musicteck or other authorized dealer, then even if you are out of warranty you can still ask the dealer to help you arrangement the repair.

For all other situations, yes you will need to directly ship it back to LP. It is not a trivial thing for a “regular” customer to do. Basically, you will need to ship to a HK location and then find a second shipper to carry it across the border to mainland China. I believe this is also the route Musicteck takes for any repair order that needs to be sent back to China, and it is generally very tedious to arrange.

Mar 26, 2022 at 9:51 PM Post #2,496 of 3,980
That is what you call garbage customer service !
It's the same as saying F off !
That's L&P totally crossed off my list for any possible future purchases. Where does that leave people who bought one used?

Not had any of that nonsense from iBasso, Hiby, FiiO or even Lotoo when i've asked for help on used out of warranty daps.
Not to defend L&P but this sounds no different than any other major company and "grey market" policy.

Whenever you buy a device that isn't intended for the market to be sold at this is exactly the service you expect. You have to mail it back to the original market of origin.

Sony does this. Samsung does this. Canon does this. Nikon does this.

Every regional based company does this.

Mar 26, 2022 at 9:55 PM Post #2,497 of 3,980
Not to defend L&P but this sounds no different than any other major company and "grey market" policy.

Whenever you buy a device that isn't intended for the market to be sold at this is exactly the service you expect. You have to mail it back to the original market of origin.

Sony does this. Samsung does this. Canon does this. Nikon does this.

Every regional based company does this.
Fair point, if LP did not sell outside China, I would have understood the risk I've taken, but that is not the case. I had an issue with a Sony product I bought while I was on holiday in Singapore. I contacted Sony, they wanted the receipt and took care of the rest locally. Granted LP is no Sony, but I just wanted to highlight the after the market experience I had for a $4,000 product I bought.

I still have a lot of love for LP, but frustrated that we have become so okay with paying a crazy sum of cash with subpar customer service experience, is that really where we like to head?

Mar 26, 2022 at 10:07 PM Post #2,498 of 3,980
Fair point, if LP did not sell outside China, I would have understood the risk I've taken, but that is not the case. I had an issue with a Sony product I bought while I was on holiday in Singapore. I contacted Sony, they wanted the receipt and took care of the rest locally. Granted LP is no Sony, but I just wanted to highlight the after the market experience I had for a $4,000 product I bought.

I still have a lot of love for LP, but frustrated that we have become so okay with paying a crazy sum of cash with subpar customer service experience, is that really where we like to head?
I'm definitely not excusing L&P here because this is cause for concern as an owner of P6 Pro as well.

But the experience you have from Sony quite frankly is far from normal and probably should not be treated as such

I had a camera lens stop working on me that I bought for cheaper as a grey market (HK) item. I am actually a CPS (Canon Professional Service member, which means I own quite a few of their professional line up products enough to even qualify in the first place). They outright declined to service the grey market lens in the US because the product was a Hong Kong region and was branded under said region. They were explicit it had to be sent back to HK Canon to be serviced.

Apparently some of these regional differences violate international trading laws whether it be tariffs or frequencies (for those that have communicative functions)

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2022 at 10:11 PM Post #2,499 of 3,980
Anyway, lesson for the day: purchase from the authorised dealers. Caveat emptor purchasing from grey sources. :)

Mar 26, 2022 at 10:16 PM Post #2,500 of 3,980
Taking the incoming SoftEars Turii Ti for a spin with the Obsidian. It comes with its own Liquid Links Evua cable. But also wanted to try it with a copper cable. Settled on the stock cable for UM Mest II.

Like the original Turii, it is organic, but the Ti shell (or perhaps tuning) makes this iteration more transparent because of the extended trebles. Pity it is a limited edition of 88 for the Asia market. But the great advantage over the original Turii is that because the housing is now titanium, it is more balanced physically and more comfortable for longer listening sessions. :)

341BC25C-005B-43C1-83CB-F41C4510ECF2.jpeg
EDAB47C4-9C68-41B0-96F8-0C6B35A48538.jpeg

Mar 26, 2022 at 10:24 PM Post #2,501 of 3,980
Anyway, lesson for the day: purchase from the authorised dealers. Caveat emptor purchasing from grey sources. :)
Just wanted to point out I did not buy from a grey market, I bought from a shop in China, who is a LP reseller.

Point is yes if they aren't selling in your country, be cautious about after market service.

Mar 26, 2022 at 10:26 PM Post #2,502 of 3,980
The LP6TI AE is a beast on power!!! Had it on high gain i only had to turn the volume just a tiny bit and my IEMs is already extremely loud. Got to keep my kids away from it if the volume knob is accidentally turn full circle it will be bye bye traillii. Lol.

Mar 26, 2022 at 10:48 PM Post #2,503 of 3,980
The LP6TI AE is a beast on power!!! Had it on high gain i only had to turn the volume just a tiny bit and my IEMs is already extremely loud. Got to keep my kids away from it if the volume knob is accidentally turn full circle it will be bye bye traillii. Lol.
Indeed. I will say that it is impressive with DD based IEMs. The FitEar DC, which is dual DD based, is so effortlessly driven, yet nuanced. :)

Mar 26, 2022 at 11:34 PM Post #2,504 of 3,980
Just wanted to point out I did not buy from a grey market, I bought from a shop in China, who is a LP reseller.

Point is yes if they aren't selling in your country, be cautious about after market service.

I know we are probably beating a dead horse :D, but if the store you bought it from is an authorized reseller in China, wouldn't you just send it back to them so they can handle it under warranty?

In the last few years, I have seen manufacturers like Lotoo, UM, and some others posting on social media warnings to buy their products only through authorized retailers. From what I understand, there were some issues related to warranty where resellers were not able to handle claims because they were not authorized. Maybe that is a reason the reseller you bought it from wants you to contact L&P directly?

Mar 27, 2022 at 1:34 AM Post #2,505 of 3,980
I know we are probably beating a dead horse :D, but if the store you bought it from is an authorized reseller in China, wouldn't you just send it back to them so they can handle it under warranty?

In the last few years, I have seen manufacturers like Lotoo, UM, and some others posting on social media warnings to buy their products only through authorized retailers. From what I understand, there were some issues related to warranty where resellers were not able to handle claims because they were not authorized. Maybe that is a reason the reseller you bought it from wants you to contact L&P directly?
They don't deal with overseas market, friend went to buy China etc.....
It is their products (unless we have fake LP), and you have a willing customer who wants to send their product for repair, they should honor.
What will happen if Musictek were to drop LP, which happens dealers change, what do we do than?

My friend just sent his 10 year er4s for repair to US not long ago, he bought it from Janen Melbourne which are long gone. Etymotic just asked him to pay for the handling fee.

The reseller basically speaks to me via Google translation and same goes with LP agents.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back