Interesting machine from Luxury n Precision
Mar 8, 2022 at 7:59 AM Post #2,461 of 3,982
I'm considering LP P6 Pro as my next DAP. Has anyone here had the Cayin N6ii-Ti / N6ii with R01 so as to compare the two? - a big jump up in price. I don't stream at all and rather not use Android, plus chasing the never-ending SQ improvements, and I hear it's a great match with Traillii :)
Hey @Scuba Devils ! Good to see you here. I believe that @bluestorm1992 had the N6ii and of course also have the TrailIi.

Mar 8, 2022 at 8:17 AM Post #2,462 of 3,982
Last night I wanted to stream from an iPhone to the LP6 Ti 7th AE and couldn't get it to work. I "think" I remember in the past with the P6 Pro that I connected the iPhone to the P6 Pro with a lighting to USB C cable and change the settings to USB Audio via
System settings -> Advanced -> USB Connection mode -> USB Audio

I had the iPhone connected to Roon but the music would only play out the phones speaker and didn't work with the LP6 Ti 7th AE.

Am I overlooking something obvious? Do I need a special cable?

You can also use the pull down menu from top of the screen and choose USB Audio.

It does seem to be picky about OTG cable. I used it briefly with DDhifi TC28i (lightening to USB C) with USB-C data cable but I haven't used that setup in a while... @bluestorm1992 and @Kiats have suggested cable in this thread and elsewhere. LP W2 cable is supposed to be a sure one.

Mar 8, 2022 at 8:30 AM Post #2,465 of 3,982
You can also use the pull down menu from top of the screen and choose USB Audio.

It does seem to be picky about OTG cable. I used it briefly with DDhifi TC28i (lightening to USB C) with USB-C data cable but I haven't used that setup in a while... @bluestorm1992 and @Kiats have suggested cable in this thread and elsewhere. LP W2 cable is supposed to be a sure one.
Perhaps it was the cable. I'll try a different cable tonight to see it works. Ideally I would like a longer cable so I could keep the L&P in one pocket and the phone in another pocket, nice for taking a walk.

Mar 8, 2022 at 8:34 AM Post #2,466 of 3,982
Perhaps it was the cable. I'll try a different cable tonight to see it works. Ideally I would like a longer cable so I could keep the L&P in one pocket and the phone in another pocket, nice for taking a walk.
Yeah, I prefer longer cable too when doing it so that the phone is the only thing in my hand. Problem is, most OTGs are short pigtails...

Mar 8, 2022 at 8:36 AM Post #2,467 of 3,982
Try the Fiio LT-LT3. It works with LP6 and is a long cable.

Mar 8, 2022 at 8:37 AM Post #2,468 of 3,982
Mar 8, 2022 at 8:43 AM Post #2,469 of 3,982
Hey @Scuba Devils ! Good to see you here. I believe that @bluestorm1992 had the N6ii and of course also have the TrailIi.

Cheers... the hunt takes us far and wide in the community 😁

Look forward to your thoughts @bluestorm1992 I was debating the new n8ii but I really have no need for Android, all my music via local files so I feel a high end, non Android DAP makes sense. Pity to hear though that it doesn't support gapless.

Mar 8, 2022 at 8:46 AM Post #2,471 of 3,982

Look forward to your thoughts @bluestorm1992 I was debating the new n8ii but I really have no need for Android, all my music via local files so I feel a high end, non Android DAP makes sense. Pity to hear though that it doesn't support gapless.
I'm same - no streaming, all local, and non-Android are my preferences. Beyond L&P, the only other option is Lotoo.

Mar 8, 2022 at 8:47 AM Post #2,472 of 3,982

I owned both a while back. To me P6 Pro OG is better for the details and also features a blacker background. N6ii Ti is (in relative terms) more treble focused, while P6 Pro OG has a smoother treble and thus could appear to be darker.

Mar 8, 2022 at 8:49 AM Post #2,473 of 3,982
Oh, shame. That would be a deal breaker for me, alas, as I find it jarring to not have gapless, especially on classical music, etc.
The LP7 later this year is supposed to fix it. :) it will work great with both iems and headphones too!

Mar 8, 2022 at 8:54 AM Post #2,475 of 3,982
The LP7 later this year is supposed to fix it. :) it will work great with both iems and headphones too!

Ok, sounds like best to wait so. I listen to quite a few albums that require gapless. It's funny (or maybe sad!), I remember discussions about players being gapless all the way back to the Rio Karma, circa 2006! - that did, but my next DAP which was the Cowon iAudio X5, I don't think did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back