Interesting machine from Luxury n Precision
Mar 29, 2022 at 2:17 PM Post #2,521 of 3,991
I know the LP-6 doesn't do BT. That's why I was asking if there was a work around.

The Max got into the conversation because someone messaged me saying I could stream from the Max to the LP-6 over SPDIF. Obviously it's not a cost effective way of doing it with 2 DAP's.

Does RB sounds better than streaming, It depends. I haven't really spent any time comparing the same song on the Max between FLAC and Tidal/Qobuz. For the sake of the audio exercise, It comes down to the equipment. For home audio I will say RB definitely is not better. With myupgraded ethernet switch with linear power supply, and reclocker with its own linear power supply, and a $12K streamer. The answer is no. This was compared to my Levinson, Audio Research, Simaudio transports (separate DAC) I've had over the years. Also as an aside, the Max and Empyrean Elite makes me realize all of the above was a waste of money.

I'm sticking with what I have now, but of course. I'll wonder how the LP-6 sounds. I think the P6 doesn't have the same sonic qualities and the LP-6, at least that was my personal takeaway from Twister's review.

Apr 1, 2022 at 2:50 AM Post #2,522 of 3,991
I am a new owner of a P6 Pro. Looking for the newest firmware I found your link above. Thank you for that!
Is this the place, where L&P officially post their firmware updates?
I downloaded two of the newest ISO Firmware (1.0.0.7 and 1.0.0.9) files for P6 Pro, but windows says, the ISO files are damaged and cannot be opened.
Is there any trick I have to do?
MusicTeck only has an older one to share. 1.0.0.3. On my device I already have 1.0.0.6 installed.
Does anyone know, about the features of the new versions? Does the new one offer gapless?
And where do I find a manual about how to install the new firmware?

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2022 at 4:53 AM Post #2,523 of 3,991
I am a new owner of a P6 Pro. Looking for the newest firmware I found your link above. Thank you for that!
Is this the place, where L&P officially post their firmware updates?
I downloaded two of the newest ISO Firmware (1.0.0.7 and 1.0.0.9) files for P6 Pro, but windows says, it ISO files are damaged and cannot be opened.
Is there any trick I have to do?
MusicTeck only has an older one to share. 1.0.0.3. On my device I already have 1.0.0.6 installed.
Does anyone know, about the features of the new versions? Does the new one offer gapless?
And where do I find a manual about how to install the new firmware?
Just copy firmware file to internal memory, shut down then power on device. It will auto update.

Apr 1, 2022 at 5:47 AM Post #2,524 of 3,991
Just copy firmware file to internal memory, shut down then power on device. It will auto update.
Great, The firmware update worked. Would you also know, where I would find an information, what has been changed in this firmware?
I did also find the webpage (http://www.luxuryprecision.net/), but cannot read it. So I contacted the customer service about my other questions above.
Do any of the other L&P players offer gapless?
Thank you!

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2022 at 7:04 PM Post #2,526 of 3,991
Is there anywhere I can get the alternative case for an LP6 that covers the top of the player as well or were these quite limited when it came out?

Had a Google and couldn't find anything...

Apr 2, 2022 at 9:02 PM Post #2,527 of 3,991
I was really missing my P6 sound, I thought let me try to turn it on one more time, miracles do come true!

20220403_110158.jpg

Apr 2, 2022 at 10:34 PM Post #2,529 of 3,991
Oh snap! Didn't you mention issues from trying to update firmware before? Happy to see it's working again, happy listening.
Im trying to repair the partition now, someone else in China had similar issues and recommended me giving this ago. As long as I get to use the microSD Bluetooth, I'm happy.

Capture.PNG

Apr 6, 2022 at 7:06 AM Post #2,533 of 3,991
So far I am loving the LP6Ti AE. I've have or have had many TOTL DAPs including the SP2000, 300MAX, as well as the P6Pro and others, and this does beat them all, even with the usual L&P quirks.

Mostly its been great but I have experienced some clipping even at volumes I would consider on the high side but not necessarily 'pushing it'. Has anyone else experienced that? Its always with bass-heavy passages which I would expect. There's no visual indicator, the sound merely cuts out or crackles, indicating that the protection circuit is doing its job I suppose.

Also -- does anyone know of any cases available for sale? Although the included 'camo' style case is workable I'm interested in other options if they exist.

For the Red Leather case I got a new one from Carvelink in Hong Kong. I don't know if they ship to US. You can ask them. Also this is the original at about $130 USD. They may have the green one as well.

https://www.facebook.com/carvelink/

BTW what do you notice on this battery bar read out:wink:

IMG_2996.jpg

Apr 6, 2022 at 7:09 PM Post #2,535 of 3,991
How come on the left of the battery icon it signals the numbering (87%) to you and me does not appear ????

20220406_200652.png
How come on the left of the battery icon it signals the numbering (87%) to you and me does not appear ????

20220406_200652.png
Which firmware are you using? I am trying out the beta one 1.0.1.6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back