Interesting machine from Luxury n Precision
May 28, 2021 at 11:06 AM Post #1,441 of 4,030
Yes I encountered a similar problem with one of my SD cards. I plug it in, and the machine says it needs format the card. Did that using the machine and then reload the files to it.

Strangely, my other card from the same brand (Sandisk) works without needing to format the card.
Is your card exfat or fat32?

May 28, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #1,442 of 4,030
While you wait for the transfer, perhaps you can load some files to the internal storage first and start listening and testing the device. :)

I'm still working away so not fully concentrating on the music, but a few favourite tracks in and the L&P W2 is shockingly brilliant. I'd say the P6Pro is a bit warmer arounds the mids. The W2 has a touch more sparkle at the top. The bass is more defined and has more slam on the P6Pro.

I'm not entirely convinced i'd be able to tell them apart on certain tracks in a blind test. I need more time. I need to empty my head and drift into the music.

May 28, 2021 at 12:27 PM Post #1,443 of 4,030
I'm still working away so not fully concentrating on the music, but a few favourite tracks in and the L&P W2 is shockingly brilliant. I'd say the P6Pro is a bit warmer arounds the mids. The W2 has a touch more sparkle at the top. The bass is more defined and has more slam on the P6Pro.

I'm not entirely convinced i'd be able to tell them apart on certain tracks in a blind test. I need more time. I need to empty my head and drift into the music.
P6Pro uses FAT32.

When I plug the P6Pro into my IMAC I only see the internal memory, you cannot acces the SD card tethered. (Not with MAC, unless there is a trick I do not know about.)

What I found works best is to format the SD Card in the P6Pro, take it out. Plug it into the IMAC and drag the artist folders onto the card to make the copy. It is best to copy them in alphabetical order to make directory searches easier after the card is installed back into the P6Pro.

Another tip from Andrew/MusicTeck and @twister6 was to do a conservative number of tracks and slowly build to a larger library, like 50GB worth at a time. The last P6P scan I did was around 100GB and that worked fine.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2021 at 2:33 PM Post #1,447 of 4,030
It was inevitable. P6 Pro ordered.
Tomorrow I demo the FuSang, I intend to only compare to P6Pro and Traillii, although in my mind will be M8 and Elysium, and the killer Thummim C9 combo. Hard to imagine needing the FuSang, ears will tell me, if it is not decisive I will just be glad for the chance to hear the FuSang from the P6 Pro and see what magic may be there.

Really glad you finally did it, waiting for the mythical new stuff, just seems a little like wasting time. That edgy sound that comes from software that does not exist with the R2R approach is something special for sure.

Jun 1, 2021 at 2:49 PM Post #1,448 of 4,030
It was inevitable. P6 Pro ordered.
44517BA5-D09E-4956-A43C-8736314AAC4B.jpeg

Jun 2, 2021 at 6:03 PM Post #1,451 of 4,030
I have the 1.0.0.3 firmware, and do not own the 'bird', so did not download the other sotware-am I up to date?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back