Interesting machine from Luxury n Precision
Jan 14, 2021 at 10:45 PM Post #976 of 3,978
Jan 14, 2021 at 10:50 PM Post #977 of 3,978
Jan 15, 2021 at 2:32 AM Post #980 of 3,978
Thanks for the responses and an especially big thanks to TW6!

What I've just done is I've taken out all the folders from the main big folder, and just placed them in the INTERNAL directory. Over the next several days I'll be going through them to see where it restarts - I've just tried and I can access the first 3-4 folders without any issue, so it does seem like some file is causing the P6 to keep restarting itself

I'll also try the SD card format! :)

Jan 15, 2021 at 5:00 AM Post #981 of 3,978
Thanks for the responses and an especially big thanks to TW6!

What I've just done is I've taken out all the folders from the main big folder, and just placed them in the INTERNAL directory. Over the next several days I'll be going through them to see where it restarts - I've just tried and I can access the first 3-4 folders without any issue, so it does seem like some file is causing the P6 to keep restarting itself

I'll also try the SD card format! :)
If you experience any such issues and it isn't the card, probably a full file revision/tagging is due, flacs, fat32, no extra files inside folders etc..im sure you have a way to house clean👍🍻

Jan 15, 2021 at 1:32 PM Post #983 of 3,978
@twister6
Out of curiosity, were you able to switch the SD card from the P6 to the P6Pro seamlessly? Or, did you need to do any reformatting or anything?
TIA

I have a dozen of mirrored 32GB Sandisk cards, all formatted fat32 and with the same set of test files I use for DAP testing and comparison. Didn't find any issues, though I just use a different card in every DAP. Later, I copied test files to internal storage. Are there issues with card being used in one and then switching to the other DAP? Which brand and what format?

Jan 15, 2021 at 1:38 PM Post #984 of 3,978
I have a dozen of mirrored 32GB Sandisk cards, all formatted fat32 and with the same set of test files I use for DAP testing and comparison. Didn't find any issues, though I just use a different card in every DAP. Later, I copied test files to internal storage. Are there issues with card being used in one and then switching to the other DAP? Which brand and what format?

I am participating in the upgrade program, so I haven't actually done it yet and just trying to plan ahead. I was just curious if it was plug n' play or if I need to copy the files and reformat my SD card to be safe. I am using a Samsung Evo Select. Thanks again for your feedback!

Jan 15, 2021 at 1:53 PM Post #985 of 3,978
I am participating in the upgrade program, so I haven't actually done it yet and just trying to plan ahead. I was just curious if it was plug n' play or if I need to copy the files and reformat my SD card to be safe. I am using a Samsung Evo Select. Thanks again for your feedback!

Just as an experiment, used one "fresh" card with P6, updated media library. Then, used it with P6 Pro, no issues.

Jan 16, 2021 at 12:28 AM Post #986 of 3,978

I am now using Samsung 512GB SD which was in P6 without any issue whatsoever. Only issue I am having is with 1TB SD card where it takes more than 2 mins to search when skipping the the track with the screen off. Initially I thought the device crashed or restarted but it wasn't. It just took long time to search the next track. No issue skipping the track when screen's on.

Jan 16, 2021 at 12:43 AM Post #987 of 3,978
I am now using Samsung 512GB SD which was in P6 without any issue whatsoever. Only issue I am having is with 1TB SD card where it takes more than 2 mins to search when skipping the the track with the screen off. Initially I thought the device crashed or restarted but it wasn't. It just took long time to search the next track. No issue skipping the track when screen's on.

Again I appreciate that clarification. I am always hoping they fix the issue with alphabetical files and the 1TB micro cards. Somehow I think I am waiting in vain for both of those. I too am participating in the P6 upgrade program and look forward to hearing the difference and experiencing the touchscreen upgrade. I was sorry to hear that L&P is unwilling to sell the green case with the upgrade. I like the yellow case and will use it but the green just seems like an upgrade in how it covers more of the device. Also the trade-in will appear exactly like the P6 in the silver with the glass back. That doesn’t bother me as I rather like the silver over the black. Andrew at MusicTeck tried his best to get L&P to sell the green case to no avail. If he can’t get them to do it I suspect it won’t happen, at least for now. Disappointing however.

Jan 16, 2021 at 12:55 AM Post #988 of 3,978
I also requested Andrew to sell me the green case when I get my P6 Pro upgraded. He said will ask L&P but did he already get back to you saying no? I thought he was going to sell me one. In any event, if I get my P6 upgraded, I will have to sell the original Pro as I like the original P6 body better.

Jan 16, 2021 at 1:05 AM Post #989 of 3,978
I also requested Andrew to sell me the green case when I get my P6 Pro upgraded. He said will ask L&P but did he already get back to you saying no? I thought he was going to sell me one. In any event, if I get my P6 upgraded, I will have to sell the original Pro as I like the original P6 body better.
He told me he tried but failed to get L&P to sell me the green case! Please let me know if you are able to buy one from there. I like the original P6 body as well and am not upset that the upgrade to the Pro will keep that. My understanding is I am to only send the P6 and none of the accessories (wood box, yellow case, power cord) and that I will receive only the upgraded P6 Pro once they get my P6. I really want that green case!

Jan 16, 2021 at 1:11 AM Post #990 of 3,978
He told me he tried but failed to get L&P to sell me the green case! Please let me know if you are able to buy one from there. I like the original P6 body as well and am not upset that the upgrade to the Pro will keep that. My understanding is I am to only send the P6 and none of the accessories (wood box, yellow case, power cord) and that I will receive only the upgraded P6 Pro once they get my P6. I really want that green case!

Yes, that green case fits like glove. I doubt they cannot sell us one. Andrew sounded like he would do it but I will let you know.
How about silicon case?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3533187816...-Ap3rVeKo7JPGgi52q7XjNRx4M8SB0VRoCCeYQAvD_BwE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back