Interesting machine from Luxury n Precision
Dec 28, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #841 of 3,978
quick question, I think I heard the Lp 6 last year at canjam at musicteck booth. How much more different or better is the lp 6 pro ?

Are we able to use it as a usb dac and bluetooth dac mod?

Am I right to think the wm1z is a thicker warmer sounding dap? From memory the lp 6 felt very old type of signature like from the 60s, I felt like it was playing music from a gramophone hehe it was very special but didnt felt modern enough to my preferences. How is the lp 6 pro as they say it has more dynamics and speed now.

LP6 Gold/Ti and P6/pro are two different DAPs by Luxury and Precision. The one you heard at Musicteck table early this year at CanJam NYC was LP6 Titanium, P6 wasn't available at that time. LP6 uses R-2R dac chips while P6/pro uses discrete resistor R-2R dac, no dac chips. I covered P6 vs WM1Z and other DAPs comparison, including LP6 Gold, in my P6 review here. P6 Pro will have the same tonality with a noticeably upscaled technical performance compared to P6, and also addition of touch screen. LP6 and P6/pro can be used as USB DAC, but only P6/pro have Bluetooth Rx mode to be paired up with a smartphone for wireless DAC/amp functionality.

Still can't believe we didn't cross our path at CanJam, bro :p

Dec 28, 2020 at 11:55 AM Post #842 of 3,978
LP6 Gold/Ti and P6/pro are two different DAPs by Luxury and Precision. The one you heard at Musicteck table early this year at CanJam NYC was LP6 Titanium, P6 wasn't available at that time. LP6 uses R-2R dac chips while P6/pro uses discrete resistor R-2R dac, no dac chips. I covered P6 vs WM1Z and other DAPs comparison, including LP6 Gold, in my P6 review here. P6 Pro will have the same tonality with a noticeably upscaled technical performance compared to P6, and also addition of touch screen. LP6 and P6/pro can be used as USB DAC, but only P6/pro have Bluetooth Rx mode to be paired up with a smartphone for wireless DAC/amp functionality.

Still can't believe we didn't cross our path at CanJam, bro :p

Haha I know man ! Next time we absolutely have to meet up at canjam 😜😛

I am now intrigued by the P6 pro damn this so picking my curiosity and wallet is already screaming at dont you DARE hahahaha

When is that p6 pro review coming :ksc75smile: :ksc75smile: :ksc75smile: oh and will you pair the noirs too :)

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #843 of 3,978
Haha I know man ! Next time we absolutely have to meet up at canjam 😜😛

I am now intrigued by the P6 pro damn this so picking my curiosity and wallet is already screaming at dont you DARE hahahaha

When is that p6 pro review coming :ksc75smile: :ksc75smile: :ksc75smile: oh and will you pair the noirs too :)

I should have P6 Pro review out soon, but I will only focus on differences with P6, no need to repeat everything. And like I mentioned, tonality and pair up synergy should be similar, but technical performance (dynamic range expansion and lower noise floor) is quite an improvement to my ears.

Dec 28, 2020 at 11:56 PM Post #844 of 3,978
Based on my testing still not FULLY supported. The system hangs about 2 minutes when skipping the tracks with the screen off. After about two minutes it resumes playing, so if you are fine with the occasional 2 minutes lock-up, go for it. I found the issue easily reproducible with 5K+ tracks at All-Music playing mode.
That’s a shame. I was hoping this issue would be fixed with the pro. So it just stops playing for a couple of minutes on occasion when it finishes a song before starting the next song?

Dec 29, 2020 at 12:01 AM Post #845 of 3,978
Upgrading my P6 to the Pro through MusicTeck! It will look exactly like the current P6 but everything else will be like the Pro according to Andrew at MusicTeck. A great upgrade offer and Andrew is the best to work with.

Dec 29, 2020 at 12:16 AM Post #846 of 3,978
Based on my testing still not FULLY supported. The system hangs about 2 minutes when skipping the tracks with the screen off. After about two minutes it resumes playing, so if you are fine with the occasional 2 minutes lock-up, go for it. I found the issue easily reproducible with 5K+ tracks at All-Music playing mode.

I think you mentioned before, this happens only with display off and only with 1TB and not 512GB. Just curious, the 5k+ tracks you have, how much space do they take? In theory, 5k tracks would probably fit on 512GB card, right? So I'm wondering if the same number of tracks works fine on 512GB card but not when you copy it on 1TB card.

Dec 29, 2020 at 1:22 AM Post #847 of 3,978
That’s a shame. I was hoping this issue would be fixed with the pro. So it just stops playing for a couple of minutes on occasion when it finishes a song before starting the next song?

I haven't tested long enough with 1TB SD card but it seems to be stuck for a minute or two whenever I skip the songs with the screen's off. You may be okay if you just let the player continue on. I tend to skip the songs quite a lot so I happen to catch this.

I think you mentioned before, this happens only with display off and only with 1TB and not 512GB. Just curious, the 5k+ tracks you have, how much space do they take? In theory, 5k tracks would probably fit on 512GB card, right? So I'm wondering if the same number of tracks works fine on 512GB card but not when you copy it on 1TB card.

Yes, 512GB is perfectly alright. I have some DSD and most of them in 24/96 flac but couldn't fit all these onto 512GB, so I had to downgrade the bitrate to 16/48 flac. I currently have about 8400 tracks on 512GB SD taking up about 265GB so I still have plenty of space left to add more songs. I just think the downsizing makes sense for P6 because there is actually no audible difference between 24bit/16bit and EQ doesn't seem to work properly with the high birate files although I rarely use it (same case with Cayin N8 which they declare they cannot fix it). Going back to number of files, yes they are the same but each files are bigger on 1TB. Could it be due to the bigger file size having to scan?

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2020 at 8:34 AM Post #848 of 3,978
I should have P6 Pro review out soon, but I will only focus on differences with P6, no need to repeat everything. And like I mentioned, tonality and pair up synergy should be similar, but technical performance (dynamic range expansion and lower noise floor) is quite an improvement to my ears.
Couple things as I now have a P6 Pro and about 70 hours in to the burn in. I had the P6 first and I replaced it. I think I am noticing that the Pro does not get as warm as the P6, the P6 never really got that hot, but my pro stays very close to room temperature while playin FLAC files. Wondering if you are experiencing this as well. Also I am continuing to have SD issues, several times I have had to do a hard reset and restore to defaults in order to rescan the card and not get the no file error. I never had this issue on the P6. Not wanting to update the library, there were no changes, this has happened on the last two charge cycles. Thanks

Dec 29, 2020 at 10:45 AM Post #849 of 3,978
Couple things as I now have a P6 Pro and about 70 hours in to the burn in. I had the P6 first and I replaced it. I think I am noticing that the Pro does not get as warm as the P6, the P6 never really got that hot, but my pro stays very close to room temperature while playin FLAC files. Wondering if you are experiencing this as well. Also I am continuing to have SD issues, several times I have had to do a hard reset and restore to defaults in order to rescan the card and not get the no file error. I never had this issue on the P6. Not wanting to update the library, there were no changes, this has happened on the last two charge cycles. Thanks

Didn't notice a difference in temperature, but tbh with my job and all the reviews on top of it I hardly get a chance to spend a quality time just listening to music outside of running test tracks to compare the sound :frowning2: Plus, DAPs are always inside the case so I don't notice how warm it gets to the touch. But I will test it for sure!

With micro SD card, I think you had an issue with Kingston 512GB card, right? But then you mentioned that it worked with a smaller card, which capacity and who makes it? Do you have problem now with that same smaller card?

Dec 29, 2020 at 1:07 PM Post #850 of 3,978
Didn't notice a difference in temperature, but tbh with my job and all the reviews on top of it I hardly get a chance to spend a quality time just listening to music outside of running test tracks to compare the sound :frowning2: Plus, DAPs are always inside the case so I don't notice how warm it gets to the touch. But I will test it for sure!

With micro SD card, I think you had an issue with Kingston 512GB card, right? But then you mentioned that it worked with a smaller card, which capacity and who makes it? Do you have problem now with that same smaller card?
Yes the smaller Sandisk card is the one in there now, this is the one I was using in the P6 before the switch. About 1000 tracks on it. I am wondering if it is because of the burn in process which I do off battery powe playing on random until battery runs out and player stops. Stop the timer on my phone record the elapsed time and run an overnight charge cycle. Next morning first few times turn the player back on and click resume. Last two days no resume shows have to click All Music the player than pops up scanning library, when done, click All Music again and get the No File warning. Hard reset, set to default, power down, power on, All Music, Scan, problem resolved.
When this happens it seems like the player is doing its own hard reset since display settings etc... are also no longer set, could be because I let the battery drain completely.

Dec 29, 2020 at 2:37 PM Post #851 of 3,978
Yes the smaller Sandisk card is the one in there now, this is the one I was using in the P6 before the switch. About 1000 tracks on it. I am wondering if it is because of the burn in process which I do off battery powe playing on random until battery runs out and player stops. Stop the timer on my phone record the elapsed time and run an overnight charge cycle. Next morning first few times turn the player back on and click resume. Last two days no resume shows have to click All Music the player than pops up scanning library, when done, click All Music again and get the No File warning. Hard reset, set to default, power down, power on, All Music, Scan, problem resolved.
When this happens it seems like the player is doing its own hard reset since display settings etc... are also no longer set, could be because I let the battery drain completely.

Hard to tell, Todd. Maybe a good idea to test it again when you are done with burn in, under normal operating conditions? When I was doing P6 Pro burn in, I just put it on a charger and set it to play a track in a loop for 4-5 days.

Dec 29, 2020 at 2:59 PM Post #852 of 3,978
Hard to tell, Todd. Maybe a good idea to test it again when you are done with burn in, under normal operating conditions? When I was doing P6 Pro burn in, I just put it on a charger and set it to play a track in a loop for 4-5 days.
Andrew at Musicteck told me doing it that way is bad for the battery. Since I am keeping it for a long happy life I did it the slower way. Now I am wondering if I should stop the cycle early before the battery runs out. Will try that tonight. By the way I have never gotten 14 hours on a charge in high gain. On the P6 I did, could be unit variation, or the changes they made to the amplification circuit P6 vs P6 Pro.

Dec 30, 2020 at 7:34 AM Post #854 of 3,978
Anyone has the opportunity to plug a high sensitivity low impedance iem into a l&p dap (p6pro/p6/lp6) and notice any hiss? I own a VE Erlkonig but hear hiss from sp2000, therefore I have my eye on l&p daps and hope things will be sorted. Many thanks guys!

Dec 30, 2020 at 9:57 AM Post #855 of 3,978
Anyone has the opportunity to plug a high sensitivity low impedance iem into a l&p dap (p6pro/p6/lp6) and notice any hiss? I own a VE Erlkonig but hear hiss from sp2000, therefore I have my eye on l&p daps and hope things will be sorted. Many thanks guys!

I covered pair up with Campfire Solaris '20 in my P6 review, and found zero hissing, perfectly black background. The same while testing CFA Solaris '20 and VE Erl LBE with P6, P6 Pro, and LP6 Gold - pitch black background, even blacker with Pro and LP6. BUT, I personally wouldn't recommend Erl with LP6 due to way tooooo much power even in low gain where this sensitive IEM already maxing out in volume at 1-2.

Btw, P6 Pro comes with a green case, but this is a test demo of P6 Pro which uses original yellow leather case.

20201230_094431_resized.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back