Interesting machine from Luxury n Precision
Dec 4, 2020 at 10:00 PM Post #736 of 4,030
I think most of the LP players are having similar chassis as LP6 picture shot. There is an opened one on the 5 following this link
I can not see a reason why expensive player cant even have a middle metaL frame within the chassis to have a better shield. The cheap dx220 has it.

IMO, at this moment, the M8 is the one with a lot of shielding done right

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2020 at 11:48 PM Post #737 of 4,030
It woke up but was not stable. Listening to one or two songs will freeze. And when connected to the computer it will not be able to go into the drive of the machine

Looks like your hard drive has gone bad. I wouldn't waste time with it. Just get a replacement unit. L&P had some issue with the initial batch but the later ones are pretty stable.

Dec 7, 2020 at 10:55 AM Post #741 of 4,030
How much music can lp6 put on micro sd card??
I don't know the max number of tracks for LP6. But I'm using 1TB SanDisk card with ~5000 tracks.

Dec 7, 2020 at 12:08 PM Post #742 of 4,030
I don't know the max number of tracks for LP6. But I'm using 1TB SanDisk card with ~5000 tracks.

I thought the limit was 10k? @dhc0329 ?

Btw, do you listen to any other IEMs with LP6, besides Ely? The reason I'm asking, just got LP6 for a week on loan from MusicTeck, and this is a VERY powerful DAP. With most of my iems from 4.4mm low gain I can only listen at volume 1 or 2, and even from lower power 6.35mm SE output (with 3.5mm adapter) in low gain there is not much room for volume adjustment either. Plus, considering this is a true analog volume pot, you will not see volume displayed in notification bar because I assume you can't track it since it is not digital.

It does sound mind blowing, but I think the design for LP6 was intended more for headphones, especially more demanding harder to drive.

Dec 7, 2020 at 12:20 PM Post #743 of 4,030
I thought the limit was 10k? @dhc0329 ?

Btw, do you listen to any other IEMs with LP6, besides Ely? The reason I'm asking, just got LP6 for a week on loan from MusicTeck, and this is a VERY powerful DAP. With most of my iems from 4.4mm low gain I can only listen at volume 1 or 2, and even from lower power 6.35mm SE output (with 3.5mm adapter) in low gain there is not much room for volume adjustment either. Plus, considering this is a true analog volume pot, you will not see volume displayed in notification bar because I assume you can't track it since it is not digital.

It does sound mind blowing, but I think the design for LP6 was intended more for headphones, especially more demanding harder to drive.
Interesting! Sounds like a good choice for hd800s lover :). Please tell me more about the DaC chips

Dec 7, 2020 at 12:43 PM Post #744 of 4,030
Interesting! Sounds like a good choice for hd800s lover :). Please tell me more about the DaC chips

Indeed, all the promotional info I have seen for LP6 had HD800s in the picture.

Regarding the DAC, well, it is square, made of silicone, and you can't mod it :p Probably the best person to ask about which R-2R DAC is being used in LP6 is @Tony Ng who I consider a knowledgeable L&P insider!!!

Dec 7, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #745 of 4,030

Regarding the DAC, well, it is square, made of silicone, and you can't mod it :p Probably the best person to ask about which R-2R DAC is being used in LP6 is @Tony Ng who I consider a knowledgeable L&P insider!!!
Lol !! You sneaky Twisted mind 🤣

Dec 7, 2020 at 1:29 PM Post #746 of 4,030

As far as I know , there are 3 varients of LP6 : the highest-LP6 Titanium , LP6 Platinum and LP6 Gold ( or called Copper version ) . LP6 Platinum was tuned for IEM but still a powerful monster , it can drive Sony MDR-Z1R and HD800s easily . LP6 Titanium...since it's limited 199 units , not possible to buy a brand new now . All the three varients sound mind blowing just exactly the same as twister descripted . P6 , althought it's not convernient to operate , it's a great player as well . I can listen L&P players all day long if no disturbation . Only one thing I have to take care is only fat32 formatted card can be used in L&P players , that means it cannot accept one single file which is larger than 4GB....

Attachments

• IMG_20201208_015854.jpg
    IMG_20201208_015854.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Dec 7, 2020 at 2:24 PM Post #747 of 4,030
As far as I know , there are 3 varients of LP6 : the highest-LP6 Titanium , LP6 Platinum and LP6 Gold ( or called Copper version ) . LP6 Platinum was tuned for IEM but still a powerful monster , it can drive Sony MDR-Z1R and HD800s easily . LP6 Titanium...since it's limited 199 units , not possible to buy a brand new now . All the three varients sound mind blowing just exactly the same as twister descripted . P6 , althought it's not convernient to operate , it's a great player as well . I can listen L&P players all day long if no disturbation . Only one thing I have to take care is only fat32 formatted card can be used in L&P players , that means it cannot accept one single file which is larger than 4GB....
Thanks for the respond. It is interesting about ladder technologies. I just couldn’t find anywhere the brand of the IC chips being used on the LP6.

Dec 7, 2020 at 3:43 PM Post #749 of 4,030
Yes, I really enjoy my HD800S with LP6. It's amazing that a portable DAP can drive HD800S nicely.

Dec 7, 2020 at 3:46 PM Post #750 of 4,030

According to a Japanese hifi website, L&P used HD800S as the reference HPs for the tuning of LP6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back