Interesting machine from Luxury n Precision
Nov 30, 2020 at 10:18 AM Post #722 of 4,030
How long have you had yours? Going on two months with mine, no issues so far.

Nov 30, 2020 at 11:54 AM Post #723 of 4,030
Please advise me hard reset for LP P6.
P6 can't start program.​

Did you have it on a charger for a while? Did you hold power button for 20-30sec? How about hooking it up to usb port of your laptop and leaving it for an hour or two, to see if it will wake up?

Nov 30, 2020 at 12:31 PM Post #724 of 4,030
Did you have it on a charger for a while? Did you hold power button for 20-30sec? How about hooking it up to usb port of your laptop and leaving it for an hour or two, to see if it will wake up?
It woke up but was not stable. Listening to one or two songs will freeze. And when connected to the computer it will not be able to go into the drive of the machine

Attachments

• 20201130_201425.jpg
    20201130_201425.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Nov 30, 2020 at 2:36 PM Post #725 of 4,030
Looks like the drive might be corupted, Is this the P6 internal memory of an SD Card?

Q-6

Dec 3, 2020 at 8:54 PM Post #726 of 4,030
Recently I am looking into the P6 and I kinda see the reason why the player is using Non-Touch screen. The chassis as shown here are open on both side, top and bottom. There are no shielding or middle frame where the LCD touch screen can lay on top like Walkman or the recent Shanling M8.
C234DB85-BFC1-4FED-B535-7F6E0FC4ED8E.jpeg
This is Shanling M8 with the chassis to shield between the Screen and the main Board. It also has the AKM and CPU laying on top with thermal paste to help heat dissipation
2056C5BA-CB7C-41BD-8016-EA63F640A17C.jpeg

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2020 at 9:53 PM Post #727 of 4,030
Recently I am looking into the P6 and I kinda see the reason why the player is using Non-Touch screen. The chassis as shown here are open on both side, top and bottom. There are no shielding or middle frame where the LCD touch screen can lay on top like Walkman or the recent Shanling M8.
C234DB85-BFC1-4FED-B535-7F6E0FC4ED8E.jpeg
This is Shanling M8 with the chassis to shield between the Screen and the main Board. It also has the AKM and CPU laying on top with thermal paste to help heat dissipation
2056C5BA-CB7C-41BD-8016-EA63F640A17C.jpeg

That is not P6, you found a picture of LP6 chassis :wink: P6 is a non-touch screen all discrete R-2R resister design. LP6 in the picture above is a different DAP with a touch screen and R-2R dac chips.

Dec 3, 2020 at 10:57 PM Post #729 of 4,030
Thanks! Confusing LOL! Wait...there is P6Pro too ?

P6 Pro is to be released, P6 version with touch screen and some other performance changes.

Dec 4, 2020 at 9:56 AM Post #730 of 4,030
P6 Pro is to be released, P6 version with touch screen and some other performance changes.
Do you by any chance have the details about the resistors being used ? Are they Metal Films ? I am curious because in Ladder, the better the precision’s, the better the performances.

As you mentioned above, LP6 is an Integrated Circuit Chips, the P6 is discrete. If the control quality of the IC is good, it can get up to 0.0005% and this is what (Close enough) required for a good performances machine. I know the highest discrete Resistors can get is 0.005% which depends on it kind of being Film or Foil.

The differences of the EE technologies is what making Sigma Delta Chips being superior. It saves spaces, higher tolerances, and on top of that, these guys such as AKM and ESS has their own Algorithms which is being improved over the year.

Interestingly while I am looking into these resistors,Vishay has a line of pretty good Foils even with Gold plated terminals

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2020 at 11:40 AM Post #731 of 4,030
Do you by any chance have the details about the resistors being used ? Are they Metal Films ? I am curious because in Ladder, the better the precision’s, the better the performances.

As you mentioned above, LP6 is an Integrated Circuit Chips, the P6 is discrete. If the control quality of the IC is good, it can get up to 0.0005% and this is what (Close enough) required for a good performances machine. I know the highest discrete Resistors can get is 0.005% which depends on it kind of being Film or Foil.

The differences of the EE technologies is what making Sigma Delta Chips being superior. It saves spaces, higher tolerances, and on top of that, these guys such as AKM and ESS has their own Algorithms which is being improved over the year.

Interestingly while I am looking into these resistors,Vishay has a line of pretty good Foils even with Gold plated terminals

Looks to me like thin film resistors, those typically use ceramic substrate, but I don't want to speculate what they do/don't use, and keep in mind they need hundreds of these in a tight space. Per L&P slides of P6:

_0007_5.jpg

_0006_4.jpg

Dec 4, 2020 at 11:47 AM Post #732 of 4,030
Looks to me like thin film resistors, those typically use ceramic substrate, but I don't want to speculate what they do/don't use, and keep in mind they need hundreds of these in a tight space. Per L&P slides of P6:

_0007_5.jpg
_0006_4.jpg
I was thinking the same from these slides. That means in theory, the LP6 has a tighter technical precision’s than these discrete lay out on P6 and possibly P6Pro if they use more count of the ladders.

The next question I would like to know who is by fabricating their own IC for the LP6

Dec 4, 2020 at 12:17 PM Post #733 of 4,030
I was thinking the same from these slides. That means in theory, the LP6 has a tighter technical precision’s than these discrete lay out on P6 and possibly P6Pro if they use more count of the ladders.

The next question I would like to know who is by fabricating their own IC for the LP6

Don't quote me but I thought they are using multiple Analog Devices high end R-2R DACs and Intel FPGA.

Dec 4, 2020 at 12:43 PM Post #735 of 4,030
More info on their R2R chips Please 😆 why “paused” while giving me candies.

I can't find it anywhere, but remember reading it at CanJam NYC, L&P rep had a lots of documentation. Let me look for it again. Btw, I'm getting LP6 on a short loan from Musicteck, their demo unit to check it out. So many people asked me to update my P6 review with a comparison to LP6, just audio performance and how they differ. So, I borrowed it from Andrew.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back