Interesting machine from Luxury n Precision
Jan 4, 2021 at 6:07 AM Post #901 of 4,006
@twister6 uses Drivesort but i need a linux alternative..
I've asked Andrew @MusicTeck and he passed on the issue to L&P but this is years long problem, they won't do anything about as apparently software is like something impossible to them😏🙄

Jan 4, 2021 at 8:05 AM Post #902 of 4,006
Just took out my on sale L6, what gorgeous device..
Anyway, i put 400gb sansa almost full.
Without updating library i go Album browsing and no issues at all, all indexed correctly by album, tracks etc.
That's good enough for me.
Main problem was, if you browse otherwise by file tree artist etc it mixes track numbers, albums

Jan 4, 2021 at 9:32 AM Post #903 of 4,006
Jan 4, 2021 at 9:49 AM Post #905 of 4,006
Jan 4, 2021 at 5:48 PM Post #907 of 4,006
Great information.
Thanks!!
Thank you, will try it and report

It’s been years since I switched from a Mac. I was trying to find something newer that doesn’t use terminal but can’t find anything.
I’m sure others will appreciate it if someone stumbles on one...
*edit* oh! there is now a makefile included so it should be much easier now!

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2021 at 7:10 AM Post #908 of 4,006
Hi guys,

I have another question for you. while playing music with LP6, there is a small rectangular icon right next to the song title. Sometimes it’s red and it’s written C1, sometimes it’s grey and written NORMAL on it. Maybe there’s others but I just saw those 2. Do you know what it means? It’s probably related to the quality of the track but I’m not sure.

Also, do you know if there’s any user manual for download somewhere for LP6? Preferably in English. I checked on their website but failed to find any... well... it’s not that this DAP is so packed with features that it absolutely needs one, but it’s always nice to have... At least it might avoid me bothering you with such trivial question... :D

cheers.

Jan 5, 2021 at 7:34 AM Post #909 of 4,006
I have another question for you. while playing music with LP6, there is a small rectangular icon right next to the song title. Sometimes it’s red and it’s written C1, sometimes it’s grey and written NORMAL on it. Maybe there’s others but I just saw those 2. Do you know what it means? It’s probably related to the quality of the track but I’m not sure.
That indicates what EQ setting you are using. NORMAL means EQ off. C1 is Custom EQ 1.

Jan 5, 2021 at 8:08 AM Post #910 of 4,006
That indicates what EQ setting you are using. NORMAL means EQ off. C1 is Custom EQ 1.

oh yes! Of course! How could I miss that one! :)
thank you once again!

also, any idea if one port is better than the other between USB-C and SPDIF for DAC mode?

Jan 5, 2021 at 10:07 AM Post #911 of 4,006
oh yes! Of course! How could I miss that one! :)
thank you once again!

also, any idea if one port is better than the other between USB-C and SPDIF for DAC mode?

What external DAC are you using and what type of files (sampling rate, kHz, and bit depth) are you playing? If I'm not mistaken, there is a bandwidth limitation for the max sampling rate for SPDIF being 192kHz/24bit vs USB-C being 'unlimited' up to 768kHz/32bit. So, that is one way to pick one vs the other. Then, not all external DAC/amps support both connections, many portable ones only have usb-c input. I usually test everything with iDSD BL which supports both, and play <= 192kHz files, and my preference depends on pair up and earphones/headphones I'm listening to. I just let my ears do the final sound judgment :wink:

Jan 5, 2021 at 10:46 AM Post #912 of 4,006
What external DAC are you using and what type of files (sampling rate, kHz, and bit depth) are you playing? If I'm not mistaken, there is a bandwidth limitation for the max sampling rate for SPDIF being 192kHz/24bit vs USB-C being 'unlimited' up to 768kHz/32bit. So, that is one way to pick one vs the other. Then, not all external DAC/amps support both connections, many portable ones only have usb-c input. I usually test everything with iDSD BL which supports both, and play <= 192kHz files, and my preference depends on pair up and earphones/headphones I'm listening to. I just let my ears do the final sound judgment :wink:

Hi Twister6,
Actually, I think I got confused. I thought both ports (SPDIF and USB-C) at the bottom of LP6 were input ports and the ones at the top were outputs. I just realized the SPDIF was also output. I thought the LP6 could be used as a DAC/AMP whether through USB-C or SPDIF. I often stream from Tidal through Roon with my MacBook Pro.
So if I understand correctly (sorry I’m not much of a tech guy...:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) the SPDIF is like the 3.5mm Line Out on the LP6? If so, except for convenience matter, why would you use one or the other? Any difference in SQ?

Thanks for your help

cheers,

Julien

Jan 5, 2021 at 10:56 AM Post #913 of 4,006
Hi Twister6,
Actually, I think I got confused. I thought both ports (SPDIF and USB-C) at the bottom of LP6 were input ports and the ones at the top were outputs. I just realized the SPDIF was also output. I thought the LP6 could be used as a DAC/AMP whether through USB-C or SPDIF. I often stream from Tidal through Roon with my MacBook Pro.
So if I understand correctly (sorry I’m not much of a tech guy...:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) the SPDIF is like the 3.5mm Line Out on the LP6? If so, except for convenience matter, why would you use one or the other? Any difference in SQ?

Thanks for your help

cheers,

Julien

Sorry, I thought you just had a general question.

Relative to your LP6, there is SPDIF Out to use LP6 as a digital source to drive external DAC/amp, you have Line Out to drive external amp, and you have USB DAC input to use LP6 connected to your laptop as external dac/amp audio interface.

Jan 5, 2021 at 11:26 AM Post #914 of 4,006
It’s been years since I switched from a Mac. I was trying to find something newer that doesn’t use terminal but can’t find anything.
I’m sure others will appreciate it if someone stumbles on one...
*edit* oh! there is now a makefile included so it should be much easier now!
It works in Terminal like a charm, no fuss and sorted some 300gb in seconds, again i don't have P6pro yet (Thursday), but L6 has same system with touch screen.
So, basically one does not need to update library, just go to TF card and all is arranged as it should perfectly.
Huge thanks @Pictograms 👍👍👍👍

Jan 5, 2021 at 11:28 AM Post #915 of 4,006
It works in Terminal like a charm, no fuss and sorted some 300gb in seconds, again i don't have P6pro yet (Thursday), but L6 has same system with touch screen.
So, basically one does not need to update library, just go to TF card and all is arranged as it should perfectly.
Huge thanks @Pictograms 👍👍👍👍
Unfortunately, mine did not work most likely due to lots of Japanese characters in folder/file names...

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back