Interesting machine from Luxury n Precision
Jul 6, 2022 at 8:38 AM Post #2,806 of 4,026
Thanks for the reply! Which one of all these choices would you say has the best bass? I had a Focal Stellia once and it lacked bass IMHO and I've heard the Utopia may too.
@Kiats may be the best person to answer this since he has most of those gears. :)

Jul 6, 2022 at 9:02 AM Post #2,807 of 4,026
@Kiats may be the best person to answer this since he has most of those gears. :)
Ooh… I do have the Meze Empy. Give me a few days @marklivia ? I am the middle of some hot and heavy with 3 pairs of 30+ yo Stax earspeakers. :)

Jul 7, 2022 at 7:54 PM Post #2,808 of 4,026
Anybody else have issues with p6pro not indexing all the files in your sd card? I have been having this issue for a while now and have tried lots of different things to figure it out on my own but alas I have given up.

I have a 1TB sandisk card with about 16k tracks mostly all flac, it reads the card and gets all the way though the scan without issue. previously it had trouble during the scan and would reset, come to find out that was due to file paths being too long, i figured that out and fixed it and now it scans all the way though.

My problem now is that it doesn't index all the files for the shuffle, so when I go to shuffle all tracks it consistently only plays around 13k tracks. I know the card is fine because i can see all my tracks in the folder view of the card and can play them manually. The way I have my folders set up is by release year so i know its only grabbing tracks up to a certain year and it ends up not playing any of the tracks from releases in the last few years which is annoying. Because of this I thought there must be a problem file somewhere in the recent year folders that must be messing the indexing up, but when I ran tests by removing earlier folders and only keeping the most recent years in it worked fine. I've done so many trial and error tests to try to figure this problem out, im just sick of it.

I'm on the most recent firmware and have used drivesort to correctly sort my files, if anyone has any idea what the problem is please let me know or point me in the right direction to contact someone who might.

Jul 7, 2022 at 7:59 PM Post #2,809 of 4,026
Anybody else have issues with p6pro not indexing all the files in your sd card? I have been having this issue for a while now and have tried lots of different things to figure it out on my own but alas I have given up.

I have a 1TB sandisk card with about 16k tracks mostly all flac, it reads the card and gets all the way though the scan without issue. previously it had trouble during the scan and would reset, come to find out that was due to file paths being too long, i figured that out and fixed it and now it scans all the way though.

My problem now is that it doesn't index all the files for the shuffle, so when I go to shuffle all tracks it consistently only plays around 13k tracks. I know the card is fine because i can see all my tracks in the folder view of the card and can play them manually. The way I have my folders set up is by release year so i know its only grabbing tracks up to a certain year and it ends up not playing any of the tracks from releases in the last few years which is annoying. Because of this I thought there must be a problem file somewhere in the recent year folders that must be messing the indexing up, but when I ran tests by removing earlier folders and only keeping the most recent years in it worked fine. I've done so many trial and error tests to try to figure this problem out, im just sick of it.

I'm on the most recent firmware and have used drivesort to correctly sort my files, if anyone has any idea what the problem is please let me know or point me in the right direction to contact someone who might.
This is a known limitation, the P6P only indexes the first 13k scanned tracks. You can still play the remainder but only manually thru the file structure.

Jul 7, 2022 at 8:07 PM Post #2,811 of 4,026
I honestly am unaware of that limit increase, L&P documentation honestly is lacking...probably have to check JP log

Jul 7, 2022 at 8:14 PM Post #2,813 of 4,026
I'm assuming you also updated to the latest version as well? I think it's 1.0.0.9?

Unfortunately support is really lacking from L&P they would probably just tell you to update and format the SD card on the player after the update.

I personally just browse thru the file structure and never scan my card (1tb SanDisk extreme)

Jul 7, 2022 at 8:21 PM Post #2,814 of 4,026
I'm assuming you also updated to the latest version as well? I think it's 1.0.0.9?

Unfortunately support is really lacking from L&P they would probably just tell you to update and format the SD card on the player after the update.

I personally just browse thru the file structure and never scan my card (1tb SanDisk extreme)
yeah im on 1.0.0.9. Yeah I understand support is lacking, I'm more really just trying to get confirmation that it is indeed possible to read anywhere close to the 20k index file limit. I will troubleshoot this thing to hell and back to figure out the problem if it is indeed on my end but if its actually not possible I dont want to waste my time.

so does anyone have more than 13-14k tracks indexed and working on your p6p? I'm currently sitting at 13405 tracks indexed and working.

I ike to use file structure when im stationary at home and want to listen to whole albums, but more often than not I'm out and about and just want to throw everything in shuffle and not worry about it.

Jul 7, 2022 at 9:31 PM Post #2,815 of 4,026
yeah im on 1.0.0.9. Yeah I understand support is lacking, I'm more really just trying to get confirmation that it is indeed possible to read anywhere close to the 20k index file limit. I will troubleshoot this thing to hell and back to figure out the problem if it is indeed on my end but if its actually not possible I dont want to waste my time.

so does anyone have more than 13-14k tracks indexed and working on your p6p? I'm currently sitting at 13405 tracks indexed and working.

I ike to use file structure when im stationary at home and want to listen to whole albums, but more often than not I'm out and about and just want to throw everything in shuffle and not worry about it.
I gave mine a shot it looks like it did scan past 13k...though I'm not sure if that's the actual count or if it under scanned.

Attachments

• DSC_0155.JPG
    DSC_0155.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Jul 7, 2022 at 10:04 PM Post #2,817 of 4,026
19919 looks like, as I suspected it's way under scanned

Jul 9, 2022 at 12:54 AM Post #2,820 of 4,026
The WP1 and WP2 OTG cables have arrived in Jaben Singapore. @Uncle Wilson just sent me the photos to announced arrival of stocks! The green case for the LP6 as well. :)

33D7C44E-028A-492C-B60B-50CF62EC4B43.jpeg
9FB931E3-82D2-4299-AD6F-11AAA941E29A.jpeg
54521163-50BF-487C-B5C1-B71F4B4A95BE.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back