Intel Price Drops: Let the madness begin
Aug 14, 2007 at 12:02 PM Post #136 of 136
i bought mine q6600 a few days ago. i am very happy with the bandwidth it provides. i can encode video and play game at once, that is very good. i am not going to overclock it as there are no reason for me to, the multiprocessing is what i'm looking for. one particular thing i like is that it run cooler under stock, even at higher voltage than the dual core, which was too hot.

i'm a bit concerned with it too, because i've been getting some new error, once a while a program crashes, game, encoder, etc, more likely due to the incompatibility. i can't tell for sure its my mobo, which has latest bios, or xp. can't be the software since it happen to many different ones, but this error is not very often. could be cpu error too.

so right now i feel like its not in perfect compatible state, whatever the hardware or software/os. but for the most part it run really smooth. i do not think most consumers need this processors unless they require very heavy processing. this is good for program compiling, server and 3d editting, but then again price is pretty good.

4/5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back