Intel Price Drops: Let the madness begin
Jul 21, 2007 at 4:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 136

darkninja67

Headphoneus Supremus
It seems the Intel price drops have already started. Mwave and newegg have dropped prices on the Q660 and the E6750 processors.

This is a good time to upgrade that slow C2D and get into some quad-core action.

Anyone here going to build or upgrade soon? I will probably wait a bit for the G0 stepping Q6600s to come out.

Jul 21, 2007 at 4:47 AM Post #2 of 136
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It seems the Intel price drops have already started. Mwave and newegg have dropped prices on the Q660 and the E6750 processors.

This is a good time to upgrade that slow C2D and get into some quad-core action.

Anyone here going to build or upgrade soon? I will probably wait a bit for the G0 stepping Q6600s to come out.

are there any CONSUMER programs out there that makes use of quad core?

Jul 21, 2007 at 4:52 AM Post #3 of 136
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My second com, which my wife currently use, is quite old. I am in need of upgrading, and what you're thinking is basically the same as what I am thinking of.
tongue.gif

Jul 21, 2007 at 11:56 AM Post #13 of 136
I have a 16.7 MP digital camera and process RAW files constantly, so Dual core rocks for me. I also shoot HD video (though not as much), and rendering HD video is a PC crusher without at least dual core.

With quad-core I could do both AND continue to do other stuff. Seriously - each process can take hours, even on my Dual Athlon 64 X2 4200+ w/2G RAM. When I'm writing, I need to be able to do other stuff in the background. The more the better too.

GAD

GAD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back