Innuos Phoenix USB Reclocker
Oct 24, 2021 at 7:12 PM Post #121 of 281
Have you tried the Rockna Wavedream NET as i2s source? Presumably this would yield additional synergies and might be the best option (better than AES). I have both the DAC and the NET incoming in the next two weeks and will report back ...

Sorry man haven't had the chance to try the Wavedream tier.. I had planned for i2s with the Wavelight server but gave up waiting on it. May reconsider once it is actually available for purchase. I've just tried i2s vs aes again into the dac and yep I still think aes is better (from the su-6). But it could also be that the su-6 just plays better with aes..

Oct 24, 2021 at 8:56 PM Post #122 of 281
Have you considered replacing your pc with a streamer/player and connecting to your dac with an AES cable? Or replacing your DAC with a Holo May DAC? Either might bring the improvements you are looking for.
I have a stream (lumin u1 mini), and occasionally use pc to play games
, So we mainly use usb

Oct 24, 2021 at 10:32 PM Post #123 of 281
I am currently considering innuos phoenix usb reclocker.
Or a better usb cable?
Like Shunyata Omega Usb, Vertere hb usb?
Mainly want to enhance the human voice and low frequency
I have a similar system to yours. I’ve added a PhoenixUSB, PhoenixNet, Niagara 1200, Sablon USB, Sablon Ethernet, and Opto-DX. Of that list, I’d say the PhoenixUSB had the biggest impact, followed by the Opto-DX (or WAVE cables), followed by the Niagara 1200. The Sablon cables are excellent, but refinements on the former. All created the enhancements you’re looking for.

Oct 25, 2021 at 2:45 AM Post #124 of 281
I have a similar system to yours. I’ve added a PhoenixUSB, PhoenixNet, Niagara 1200, Sablon USB, Sablon Ethernet, and Opto-DX. Of that list, I’d say the PhoenixUSB had the biggest impact, followed by the Opto-DX (or WAVE cables), followed by the Niagara 1200. The Sablon cables are excellent, but refinements on the former. All created the enhancements you’re looking for.
I have used double Sotm bnc cable, which has a similar effect to Wave. The reason for choosing is that there are agents here to listen to it.
Unfortunately, there is no agent for Phoenix USB, so I can’t listen to it.
This makes me very hesitant, after all, it is a lot of money

Oct 25, 2021 at 4:10 PM Post #125 of 281
I bought the Phoenix without auditioning it - it will improve the sound of your system - it calms everything down, takes some of the fizz out of the USB connections, reduces brightness, makes it all a little darker - which is what you want. The Niagra 1200 is also a great addition - just purifies everything - I love mine. Get some WAVE Storms (2m if possible) between your MScaler and DAVE - you won't believe the difference they make - quite similar to the Phoenix - takes the edge off. I went WAVEs / Niagra / Phoenix just by accident and I think that might be the best way to go - but any / either will improve the sound.

Oct 26, 2021 at 1:17 AM Post #126 of 281
I bought the Phoenix without auditioning it - it will improve the sound of your system - it calms everything down, takes some of the fizz out of the USB connections, reduces brightness, makes it all a little darker - which is what you want. The Niagra 1200 is also a great addition - just purifies everything - I love mine. Get some WAVE Storms (2m if possible) between your MScaler and DAVE - you won't believe the difference they make - quite similar to the Phoenix - takes the edge off. I went WAVEs / Niagra / Phoenix just by accident and I think that might be the best way to go - but any / either will improve the sound.
Well said. Completely agree with your characterization.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2021 at 7:49 AM Post #127 of 281
我在沒有試聽的情況下購買了 Phoenix - 它會改善您系統的聲音 - 它可以讓一切平靜下來,從 USB 連接中消除一些嘶嘶聲,降低亮度,讓它變得更暗 - 這就是你想要的。Niagra 1200 也是一個很好的補充——淨化一切——我愛我的。在您的 MScaler 和 DAVE 之間獲得一些 WAVE 風暴(如果可能,2m) - 您不會相信它們的區別 - 與 Phoenix 非常相似 - 會降低優勢。我偶然去了 WAVEs/Niagra/Phoenix,我認為這可能是最好的方式 - 但任何 / 任何一個都會改善聲音。
說得好。完全同意你的描述。
I want to buy innuos phoenix usb reclocker more and more,haven't studied Niagara 1200 I will consider

Oct 28, 2021 at 6:51 AM Post #128 of 281
我在沒有試聽的情況下購買了 Phoenix - 它會改善您系統的聲音 - 它可以讓一切平靜下來,從 USB 連接中消除一些嘶嘶聲,降低亮度,讓它變得更暗 - 這就是你想要的。Niagra 1200 也是一個很好的補充——淨化一切——我愛我的。在您的 MScaler 和 DAVE 之間獲得一些 WAVE 風暴(如果可能,2m) - 您不會相信它們的區別 - 與 Phoenix 非常相似 - 會降低優勢。我偶然去了 WAVEs/Niagra/Phoenix,我認為這可能是最好的方式 - 但任何 / 任何一個都會改善聲音。
我有一個和你類似的系統。我添加了 PhoenixUSB、PhoenixNet、Niagara 1200、Sablon USB、Sablon Ethernet 和 Opto-DX。在該列表中,我認為 PhoenixUSB 的影響最大,其次是 Opto-DX(或 WAVE 電纜),其次是 Niagara 1200。Sablon 電纜非常出色,但對前者進行了改進。所有這些都創建了您正在尋找的增強功能。
By the way, have you ever compared audioquest niagara 1200 with ansuz mainz8 xtc? Both of these are within my budget

Oct 28, 2021 at 6:55 AM Post #129 of 281
I have ordered the innuos phoenix usb reclocker, it will take two weeks to arrive, very much looking forward to it

Oct 28, 2021 at 7:50 AM Post #130 of 281
Looking at your system, I don't see a HP amp (unless I'm missing it) and I would recommend using one over the DAVE output - to my ears, DAVE seems sweeter in pure DAC mode. I went a bit mad and got a Manley which I can thoroughly recommend (see review in HIfI Choice), but there are other, cheaper, options.

Also, many recommend a separate power supply for the DAVE (Sean Jacobs DC4 for example) - this might be my next upgrade...

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2021 at 8:10 AM Post #131 of 281
Yes, I like to output headphones directly from dave
So I don’t choose headphones that require larger drivers like 1266.
My next step should be to deal with usb cable or power conditioner first

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2021 at 10:05 AM Post #132 of 281
when I thought the setup in my study couldn't get any better.. moved the phoenix usb from the lounge to have a go with the May kte and just wow. have spent the past few hours listening to all my fav albums.

it calms everything down, takes some of the fizz out of the USB connections, reduces brightness, makes it all a little darker - which is what you want

^^ this.

and to add to that, visceral low end and sense of realism.

Dec 24, 2021 at 3:23 PM Post #133 of 281
I am also quite sensitive to overly bright "treble" (rarely use that name for higher frequencies ... so retro of you). However, with the PhoenixUSB and the Innuos Zenith combo, I never found the salon cables to be harsh or with too much treble emphasis. I found them extremely balanced, and that's testing with a fairly well balanced room before inserting the Sablon cables. True, I didn't test them against the your brand of cables but did test them against more expensive Nordost cables. They were far more revealing and detailed and well balanced than any cables I have tried in at two times their price, a great buy for people who need two USB cables. I also later auditioned the PhoenixNet with the Sablon Ethernet cable, which also bettered the Nordost cable that I tried. I wasn't (was NOT) using any Nordost entry level cables, but neither was I using their professed highest quality cable either. But I would suggest that it would make sense to buy either a better DAC or better music server before jumping headline into cables that cost over $3k. That would be my suggestion, anyway.

To others that are reading this thread, I would suggest that you MIGHT not necessarily find the Sablon cables bright if the audio chain isn't bright as well. Let's qualify that however. Everybody's cable preferences have as much to do with the associated equipment and the room and the synergy or lack of the entire chain, the recordings one is listening to as well. I auditioned the Sablon. Using a headphone and several headphone amps, I found the my satisfaction in both the room and on headphones was equally high using the Sablon cables. Using the PhoenixNet also, satisfaction was greatest with the Sablon cables. By the way, the Sablon cables break-in relatively quickly, but there or four days is not enough to get the full benefit of what they can do. I'd suggest that they continue to improve even after several weeks, albeit without as much of a radical improvement similar to the first two weeks.

No, I have no relationship to Sablon Audio other than as a happy customer. And i do own a number of over $3000 cables in my over $80k system, but not as USB or ethernet cables. I used to think that an $80k system was high end, and, of course, it was, years ago. But now, with $28k-50k speaker systems becoming more prominent, and $20k-$80k amps, and $20k-$90K DACs and $22K music servers getting the five star reviews, my little $80k system seems rather modest. I would put out, however that my system is not overly bright or harsh, and it's lack of performance when compared to the more illustrious systems is its lack of an ultra superior sound stage and ultra superior three dimensional sound. it's frequency response and detail and resolution is pretty high for a $80k system. That's why I question this review of the Salon, and suggest others keep an open mind and ... test and judge for themselves when it comes to cables. Other people's opinions, including my own, should not be taken as a reason to buy piece of gear. You should all audition your purchases in your own home, and be skeptical of all opinions no matter where they come from, mine included.

Dec 24, 2021 at 6:34 PM Post #134 of 281
I am also quite sensitive to overly bright "treble" (rarely use that name for higher frequencies ... so retro of you). However, with the PhoenixUSB and the Innuos Zenith combo, I never found the salon cables to be harsh or with too much treble emphasis. I found them extremely balanced, and that's testing with a fairly well balanced room before inserting the Sablon cables. True, I didn't test them against the your brand of cables but did test them against more expensive Nordost cables. They were far more revealing and detailed and well balanced than any cables I have tried in at two times their price, a great buy for people who need two USB cables. I also later auditioned the PhoenixNet with the Sablon Ethernet cable, which also bettered the Nordost cable that I tried. I wasn't (was NOT) using any Nordost entry level cables, but neither was I using their professed highest quality cable either. But I would suggest that it would make sense to buy either a better DAC or better music server before jumping headline into cables that cost over $3k. That would be my suggestion, anyway.

To others that are reading this thread, I would suggest that you MIGHT not necessarily find the Sablon cables bright if the audio chain isn't bright as well. Let's qualify that however. Everybody's cable preferences have as much to do with the associated equipment and the room and the synergy or lack of the entire chain, the recordings one is listening to as well. I auditioned the Sablon. Using a headphone and several headphone amps, I found the my satisfaction in both the room and on headphones was equally high using the Sablon cables. Using the PhoenixNet also, satisfaction was greatest with the Sablon cables. By the way, the Sablon cables break-in relatively quickly, but there or four days is not enough to get the full benefit of what they can do. I'd suggest that they continue to improve even after several weeks, albeit without as much of a radical improvement similar to the first two weeks.

No, I have no relationship to Sablon Audio other than as a happy customer. And i do own a number of over $3000 cables in my over $80k system, but not as USB or ethernet cables. I used to think that an $80k system was high end, and, of course, it was, years ago. But now, with $28k-50k speaker systems becoming more prominent, and $20k-$80k amps, and $20k-$90K DACs and $22K music servers getting the five star reviews, my little $80k system seems rather modest. I would put out, however that my system is not overly bright or harsh, and it's lack of performance when compared to the more illustrious systems is its lack of an ultra superior sound stage and ultra superior three dimensional sound. it's frequency response and detail and resolution is pretty high for a $80k system. That's why I question this review of the Salon, and suggest others keep an open mind and ... test and judge for themselves when it comes to cables. Other people's opinions, including my own, should not be taken as a reason to buy piece of gear. You should all audition your purchases in your own home, and be skeptical of all opinions no matter where they come from, mine included.

are u referring to one of the earlier posts I made in this thread?

I ended up buying another Sablon 2020 a while ago and am now using it with the Holo May. I would agree with you now; perhaps could have used a bit more running in, and yes, this cable is very system dependent.

the Sablon usb does really well with my current setup. I have swapped in my Pink Faun USB and it is definitely a little "darker" and mellow in comparison.

Dec 24, 2021 at 6:58 PM Post #135 of 281
are u referring to one of the earlier posts I made in this thread?

I ended up buying another Sablon 2020 a while ago and am now using it with the Holo May. I would agree with you now; perhaps could have used a bit more running in, and yes, this cable is very system dependent.

the Sablon usb does really well with my current setup. I have swapped in my Pink Faun USB and it is definitely a little "darker" and mellow in comparison.
I loved the Pink Faun USB in my Brief period of ownership.
That little darker and mellow sound was much to my liking

Users who are viewing this thread

Back