Innuos Phoenix USB Reclocker
Apr 17, 2021 at 4:15 AM Post #91 of 283
If the team is interested in my impressions, I could describe them ..

Congrats man! Most definitely interested in hearing what you have to say about them. Hope they made a difference!

Apr 17, 2021 at 4:35 AM Post #92 of 283
Good morning from Greece Guys. Yesterday I received the two devices Innuos PheonixUSB and PhoenixNET. I started by connecting only the mains switch to my digital system (Streamer Auralic Aries G1, Chord Hugo tt2 dac, Melco ethernet cables).

Can't wait for thr InnuosNet impressions!

Apr 17, 2021 at 4:48 AM Post #93 of 283
Guys I apologize 1,000 times, but I have to be away from home for 2 hours. As soon as I return I will do a full analysis.

Quickly and only for Phoenix NET, I just connected it to my system: Quiet! Absolute silence!! Even the smallest notes can be heard now, which I did not hear at all before, or were very weak. Everything can be heard now, even the smallest instrument of the orchestra. Keep this in mind: Incredibly quiet, I can now turn on my amplifier volume much more without being disturbed.

More when I return ..

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2021 at 2:09 PM Post #94 of 283
Guys I apologize 1,000 times, but I have to be away from home for 2 hours. As soon as I return I will do a full analysis.

Quickly and only for Phoenix NET, I just connected it to my system: Quiet! Absolute silence!! Even the smallest notes can be heard now, which I did not hear at all before, or were very weak. Everything can be heard now, even the smallest instrument of the orchestra. Keep this in mind: Incredibly quiet, I can now turn on my amplifier volume much more without being disturbed.

More when I return ..
Following my above message I would like to add more:

What I liked.

1. More peace in playback - black background.

2. Appearance of small orchestral sounds that were not heard before, or were rarely heard.

3. No more annoyance at high playback levels.

4. Better separation of instruments as a whole, and high frequencies became sharper without disturbing.

What he did not give me:

1. More 3D image than I already had.

2. I did not notice much change in the low frequencies (Bass).

I have a feeling that PhoenixNET focuses mainly on noise suppression of streaming services, modem routers, and internet, and in this area it does very well. Now I understand how bad network noise can be in digital streaming.

What I would like to say is this: it is not a device that will raise the quality of performance, someone will not say wow once they connect it, but will help individual parts of the sound that are very important. He will see details he could not hear before. I think the high quality devices will be helped by the Innuos PheonixNET.

Of course I will wait for other days, so that I have a complete picture, as I have only heard it one day.

Let me emphasize again that my critique concerns only innuos PheonixNET. I connected this to my system which, in addition to the above digital devices, consists of the integrated amplifier Mcintosh MA 7900 and Sonus Faber Olympica 2 floor speakers.

Apr 18, 2021 at 12:23 AM Post #95 of 283
Good morning from Greece Guys. Yesterday I received the two devices Innuos PheonixUSB and PhoenixNET. I started by connecting only the mains switch to my digital system (Streamer Auralic Aries G1, Chord Hugo tt2 dac, Melco ethernet cables).

Yes, please! Very curious as to your impressions of each component individually, and then the two together.

I'm so taken by the sound of the PhoenixUSB in my DAVE/M Scaler headphone rig, I've decided to pull the trigger on a second one this week for my living room Devialet/Wilson Audio system. Might add the PhoenixNet at some point, too.

Cheers,
muski

Apr 18, 2021 at 12:28 AM Post #96 of 283
What he did not give me:

1. More 3D image than I already had.

2. I did not notice much change in the low frequencies (Bass).
I think you'll be very happy with the combo—I found the PhoenixUSB enhances both of the above.

(And wait until you listen to female jazz vocalists..)

Apr 27, 2021 at 6:37 PM Post #97 of 283
I am one who has recently discovered that noise from any and all sources is what distinguishes good from great equipment...I own the dave blu2 and feed my optical rendu into the phoenix and into my blu2....I was at first very skeptical as to whether or not the phoenix would prove worth the cost given how good things sounded already....well, I was shocked when I first listened with the phoenix...the blacker background makes everything stand out and sound more distinct....the bass is more prominent and in general it is easier to listen to...in truth if I had never gotten the phoenix I would have been happy with the setup but now I could live without the phoenix, it is that good....I admit to being very surprised because most improvements are subtle ,this isnt

Apr 27, 2021 at 9:41 PM Post #98 of 283
I admit to being very surprised because most improvements are subtle ,this isnt
I had exactly the same reaction, and, like you, couldn't live without it!

Apr 27, 2021 at 10:06 PM Post #99 of 283
I am one who has recently discovered that noise from any and all sources is what distinguishes good from great equipment...I own the dave blu2 and feed my optical rendu into the phoenix and into my blu2....I was at first very skeptical as to whether or not the phoenix would prove worth the cost given how good things sounded already....well, I was shocked when I first listened with the phoenix...the blacker background makes everything stand out and sound more distinct....the bass is more prominent and in general it is easier to listen to...in truth if I had never gotten the phoenix I would have been happy with the setup but now I could live without the phoenix, it is that good....I admit to being very surprised because most improvements are subtle ,this isnt

It's pretty impressive, what the unit offers. Even with a high end setup like yours, which many would consider end game, the phoenix still manages to squeeze some more out of it.

Apr 27, 2021 at 10:43 PM Post #100 of 283
actually, the improvement is not subtle...I was skeptical and bought it with the understanding I could return it if I didnt feel it was worthy...it literally took me an afternoon to know I would keep it

Apr 27, 2021 at 11:11 PM Post #101 of 283
actually, the improvement is not subtle...I was skeptical and bought it with the understanding I could return it if I didnt feel it was worthy...it literally took me an afternoon to know I would keep it
Yeah, it is definitely very, very noticeable. Prior to the Phoenix I had the Uptone Audio ISO Regen with the LPS. It blew me away. I did not expect the ISO Regen to sound so good. Once the Phoenix came out, I knew I wanted it, so I bought it blind. The ISO Regen was great, but the Phoenix USB is better. No regrets at all.

I own the EtherRegen now, which I think brings an increase in quality. I listen to mostly local albums, using an Innuos Zenith mk 3 to Phoenix to mDAVE. I find local files to sound a bit better. The EtherRegen helps, but it’s not completely up to par. Perhaps the PhoenixNet would help further, but I have other components I want to get first. The PhoenixNet I think would be subtle and something one should get at the end of their “end game” journey. Side note: I don’t think an end game exists, though:L3000:

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2021 at 9:52 AM Post #102 of 283
It's pretty impressive, what the unit offers. Even with a high end setup like yours, which many would consider end game, the phoenix still manages to squeeze some more out of it.

Yes, that is so right. Even in my system that consists of dCS Debussy and Rossini clock, it took my system to next level.

Also, just for fun, I tried a USB headset directly to computer and then through Phoenix and the difference is day and night. In fact that is the test that will tell you as to what it is doing to the system.

I have now a firm believer of the the fact how and what data reach to DAC is far more important than a DAC in our playback chain.

Apr 28, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #103 of 283
Well, so I get the HP, amp, and cables situation sorted and start focusing on the optimization of the front-end of the chain (got two batteries ordered for the HMS and TT2) and then I see this! :joy: Seems the PhoenixUSB is definitely in my future and shooting up my list since I'm focused on the front-end right now anyway. I'm fine with using MBP and Audirvana for now although the ZENith MK3 now seems most likely to end up being the server/streamer I'd eventually like to add. In the near-term, it seems the PhoenixUSB will make the most impact and work within my budget. I can only add piecemeal at this point, i.e. below $5K.

Apr 28, 2021 at 2:17 PM Post #104 of 283
Well, so I get the HP, amp, and cables situation sorted and start focusing on the optimization of the front-end of the chain (got two batteries ordered for the HMS and TT2) and then I see this! :joy: Seems the PhoenixUSB is definitely in my future and shooting up my list since I'm focused on the front-end right now anyway. I'm fine with using MBP and Audirvana for now although the ZENith MK3 now seems most likely to end up being the server/streamer I'd eventually like to add. In the near-term, it seems the PhoenixUSB will make the most impact and work within my budget. I can only add piecemeal at this point, i.e. below $5K.
Sorry for off the topic post but since you mentioned Audirvana, I would request you to try Steinberg WaveLab Element. This is an audio editing tool but plays music far better than other players, in my openion.

Apr 28, 2021 at 5:02 PM Post #105 of 283
Sorry for off the topic post but since you mentioned Audirvana, I would request you to try Steinberg WaveLab Element. This is an audio editing tool but plays music far better than other players, in my openion.
Can this integrate with Qobuz (Tidal)? I use streaming more than half the time and switch back and forth between Qobuz and my local library constantly so that'd be important.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back