Innuos Phoenix USB Reclocker
Nov 3, 2023 at 5:45 PM Post #271 of 281
I'm considering getting the Phoenix reclocker, currently have a jcat card straight into my dac. Anyone think the innuos reclocker is worth getting if I already have a jcat usb xe card going into the holo may?

Jan 13, 2024 at 1:44 PM Post #272 of 281
Trial and error is the best way! For me switches always made a difference. Not so subtle either, especially when you have it for a while and suddenly take it out.

Look into network acoustics filters also, that item usuallybgoes after the switch. I can imagine some people hating all these extra boxes though.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2024 at 3:54 AM Post #273 of 281
I also compared the performance of Phoenix with my previous reclocker setup based on Ifi micro iUSB3.0 as described in this post. Both are on par. Maybe I slightly prefer the sound of Ifi, which can be attributable to difference in USB cables though. I am currently using the stock cable with Phoenix. Anyway it looks like a USB reclocker is a must when running PC as a source. Even with a such great USB implenetation as in Holo May.
Any updated thoughts on micro iUSB vs Phoenix? I have the micro and am considering the Phoenix. 😉

Jan 16, 2024 at 4:34 AM Post #274 of 281
Hi,
I had both the Ifi Nano iUSB3 and the Micro iUSB3 individually and in series. They do make a difference but the Inuuos is many steps above. It depends on the source though. I never used the computer as a source. The price difference is massive.

Mar 27, 2024 at 9:36 AM Post #275 of 281
Alrighty, looking into getting a discount code from my audio guy, if decent I’ll buy the new Phoenix usb reclocker regenerator and see what’s what, cheers.

Mar 27, 2024 at 3:59 PM Post #276 of 281
ordered, hope to get for the weekend but whenever. black of course. fished out from storage an old audio quest diamond usb and ordered a audioquest nrg z3 power chord let you know my thoughts after a good burn in

Mar 27, 2024 at 6:19 PM Post #278 of 281
Via its super capacitor, and plugged into a perfect wave ps audio lps bar

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2024 at 4:37 PM Post #280 of 281
ok needs to open up/ burn in/ warm up. Of course i had to test from get go and first thought, this is deep but too polite. give it hours and the cultured sound opens. its not as edgy and messy but imagery is nicely detailed, Its like a fine wine. I wasn't sure why i needed this device nor why i was looking, but for the pursuit of audio harmony. The phoenix is kinda like susvara, your first impression is what do i do with this harmonious HP? The answer, have the right pre amp and let it roll. Things just get a bit better at the expense of edge and air. after a couple weeks I'll go back to bare back from my antipodes to TT, and see what's what, but enjoying the change.
IMG_9712.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2024 at 3:50 PM Post #281 of 281
its been a week and im loving the low end. its tighter, deeper and wider. take a genre that was so so to me before, smooth jazz, now im getting lost listening to smooth jazz for jeepers sake. never mind edm, r&b, hip hop....I think i could live without the phoenix, the more edge, air, less coherence in itself is enticing. But i know this usb regenerator is a keeper.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back