Innuos Phoenix USB Reclocker
Apr 29, 2021 at 12:46 AM Post #106 of 281
Yeah, it is definitely very, very noticeable. Prior to the Phoenix I had the Uptone Audio ISO Regen with the LPS. It blew me away. I did not expect the ISO Regen to sound so good. Once the Phoenix came out, I knew I wanted it, so I bought it blind. The ISO Regen was great, but the Phoenix USB is better. No regrets at all.

I own the EtherRegen now, which I think brings an increase in quality. I listen to mostly local albums, using an Innuos Zenith mk 3 to Phoenix to mDAVE. I find local files to sound a bit better. The EtherRegen helps, but it’s not completely up to par. Perhaps the PhoenixNet would help further, but I have other components I want to get first. The PhoenixNet I think would be subtle and something one should get at the end of their “end game” journey. Side note: I don’t think an end game exists, though:L3000:
What are you interested in getting before the PhoenixNet? Looks like I'm a few steps behind your journey, but it seems we might be on a similar path, so I'm interested to hear what your priority sequence is :thumbsup:

Apr 29, 2021 at 1:38 PM Post #107 of 281
What are you interested in getting before the PhoenixNet? Looks like I'm a few steps behind your journey, but it seems we might be on a similar path, so I'm interested to hear what your priority sequence is :thumbsup:
I’m looking at upgrading my dac first. I’m deciding between adding some Sean Jacobs DC4 power supplies to my DAVE and M-Scaler or going with the DCS Rossini and clock. After that, I want to upgrade my Innuos Zenith Mk3 SSD to 4 tb. I think I’ll look into the PhoenixNet at this time as well

Aug 2, 2021 at 3:20 PM Post #108 of 281
There's a new thread called "Hi, my name is _____ and I'm an Audiophile Addict". You should go there and share this, see what others have to say. They might talk you out of it. (that's a pretty funny thead, by the way. Nice job).

I'm happy there are more players in the switch game. Not that I'm fully on board with it, but I think it's cool.

The hot one I've experienced is actually a power and clock modded Buffalo GS2016. It's the same guts as the Melco/Dela S100 selling for PhoenixNet prices, then The Horde has taken it upon themselves to mod it with a new LPSs and OCXOs.

Aug 2, 2021 at 3:23 PM Post #109 of 281
I have been looking for info on whether or not it is okay to stack the PhoenixUSB on top of the Zenith MK3. Is there any negatives to doing this that anyone knows of in terms of noise etc picked up by the Zenith by placing the Phoenix USB on top of it? Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Oct 11, 2021 at 12:14 PM Post #110 of 281
Can Phoenix users comment on the difference in SQ between USB path and AES path between player/server and DAC?
AES sounds more real than USB to me.
Haven’t seen any comparisons in various reviews of Phoenix yet.

Oct 11, 2021 at 12:36 PM Post #111 of 281
Can Phoenix users comment on the difference in SQ between USB path and AES path between player/server and DAC?
I too prefer AES to USB. Mine is a Dante based setup and at one end I have USB to Dante converter while on DAC side I have Dante to AES converter. This setup sounds more real to me than directly using USB in on my dCS Debussy. Between computer and USB to Dante converter is where Phoenix USB sits.

Oct 11, 2021 at 7:54 PM Post #112 of 281

With my Rockna, I prefer AES over i2s, and i2s over USB. i2s has sweeter highs and tighter punchier low end, but AES has a more natural and layered sound and better textured bass. USB sounded quite sharp up top but also felt kind of a "flat" presentation.

I have all three (i2s, aes, usb) hooked up to my Rockna so I can do comparisons or swap connections when I feel like it.

But with the Holo May, I prefer USB over the rest.

Oct 11, 2021 at 10:43 PM Post #113 of 281
With my Rockna, I prefer AES over i2s, and i2s over USB. i2s has sweeter highs and tighter punchier low end, but AES has a more natural and layered sound and better textured bass. USB sounded quite sharp up top but also felt kind of a "flat" presentation.

I have all three (i2s, aes, usb) hooked up to my Rockna so I can do comparisons or swap connections when I feel like it.

You still prefer the rockna over the may ?

Oct 11, 2021 at 10:46 PM Post #114 of 281
You still prefer the rockna over the may ?

Haha yea I get asked that a lot. If I had to choose one, I would still go for the Rockna..

Oct 12, 2021 at 3:42 AM Post #115 of 281

Due to your comments I actually bought an AES/EBU cable to compsre for myself when the Server arrives.

Oct 12, 2021 at 4:31 AM Post #116 of 281
Due to your comments I actually bought an AES/EBU cable to compsre for myself when the Server arrives.

Lol fingers crossed u like it. The server seems like it is taking forever to be released. All the best for both!

Oct 12, 2021 at 4:34 AM Post #117 of 281
Lol fingers crossed u like it. The server seems like it is taking forever to be released. All the best for both!
Still sheduled for this year, right after audiobyte HUB.
Fingers crossed.

Oct 24, 2021 at 8:05 AM Post #118 of 281
I am currently considering innuos phoenix usb reclocker.
Or a better usb cable?
Like Shunyata Omega Usb, Vertere hb usb?
Mainly want to enhance the human voice and low frequency

Oct 24, 2021 at 1:01 PM Post #119 of 281
I am currently considering innuos phoenix usb reclocker.
Or a better usb cable?
Like Shunyata Omega Usb, Vertere hb usb?
Mainly want to enhance the human voice and low frequency
Have you considered replacing your pc with a streamer/player and connecting to your dac with an AES cable? Or replacing your DAC with a Holo May DAC? Either might bring the improvements you are looking for.

Oct 24, 2021 at 6:36 PM Post #120 of 281

Have you tried the Rockna Wavedream NET as i2s source? Presumably this would yield additional synergies and might be the best option (better than AES). I have both the DAC and the NET incoming in the next two weeks and will report back ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back