Innuos Phoenix USB Reclocker
Feb 27, 2021 at 7:22 AM Post #32 of 283
Its just me, but i think this is over the top... I think That Pheonix + almost any clean dac + any clean amp is what most people need.

Yea actually I do agree. The price they're asking for it is quite hard to swallow. I'm currently using an Uptone ER + AfterDark 10mhz clock and I think it is already pretty damn good.

Feb 27, 2021 at 7:33 AM Post #33 of 283
Yea actually I do agree. The price they're asking for it is quite hard to swallow. I'm currently using an Uptone ER + AfterDark 10mhz clock and I think it is already pretty damn good.
Its like endless cycle. Its just never stops...
Maybe its really good idea to just quit audioforums after one enjoy their setup untill its too late.
Was actually pretty happy with my crappy Topping dx7 and Violectric v280, but i did heard someone saying how usb cables and reclockers improve realism and blackness.
After couple years of stop buying stuff and just listening new stuff i get idea what enjoy sound is most important than just buying everything that makes slight improvements.

Feb 27, 2021 at 7:53 AM Post #34 of 283
Talking about Pheonix...
Pheonix is truly PERFECT... I had a chance to listen tx usb, had ifi nano usb, listened Ifi Micro Usb and none of them Had completely fatigue free and smooth and noise free sound. All other devices sounded very good, very clean, very realistic, but none of them had DEPTH of Pheonix and every one introduced fatigue unlike Pheonix. When listening to Android device over usb to dac it sounded smooth like Pheonix, but it didnt have the realism and definition Of Pheonix and its probably, because of Great Clock that Innuos device uses...
Many manufacturers Claim that their Dacs are Immune to usb, but most of them via Pheonix just loss digitus and gain realism.
Tried with matrix dacs, Chord dacs, benchmark, rme and toppings dacs and all improve quite a lot.
I have to say that most poeple wont gonna need tube amps after finding out how much smoother and organic everything sound with Innuos.

Feb 27, 2021 at 3:40 PM Post #36 of 283
I've been waiting for this. I use the etherREGEN, but I've always been curious about more high quality switches. I even considered getting the Innuos Statement, becuase it had the ethernet reclocker. Now, with the PhoenixNet, and my PhoenixUSB and Zenith Mk3, it's basically a Statement.

Feb 27, 2021 at 5:49 PM Post #37 of 283
I've been waiting for this. I use the etherREGEN, but I've always been curious about more high quality switches. I even considered getting the Innuos Statement, becuase it had the ethernet reclocker. Now, with the PhoenixNet, and my PhoenixUSB and Zenith Mk3, it's basically a Statement.

It does look pretty sweet..
One of the downsides is only 3 ethernet ports out and the speed. I guess it is truly just for audio purposes.
Have u considered the sotm switch? I'm using it and with fiber optic out to the ER and I found that a nice uptick in SQ.
I'm not sure if I should go down the phoenixnet road; an extra box and power cord, and then I'll have 3 switches in the chain. As if the spaghetti is not convoluted enough as it is.. Perhaps I need to post in your AA thread!

Feb 27, 2021 at 5:52 PM Post #38 of 283
It does look pretty sweet..
One of the downsides is only 3 ethernet ports out and the speed. I guess it is truly just for audio purposes.
Have u considered the sotm switch? I'm using it and with fiber optic out to the ER and I found that a nice uptick in SQ.
I'm not sure if I should go down the phoenixnet road; an extra box and power cord, and then I'll have 3 switches in the chain. As if the spaghetti is not convoluted enough as it is.. Perhaps I need to post in your AA thread!
Yeah, I have been interested in the SOTM switch. I like the PhoenixUSB so much though, that it makes me very curious about the PhoenixNET. To be honest, I think my EtherREGEN is probably just fine, but I wonder what could be improved. I listen to mostly local files too, so I guess I don't really need the PhoenixNET. I need to go to the audiophile addicts thread too... :beyersmile:

Feb 27, 2021 at 6:01 PM Post #39 of 283
Yeah, I have been interested in the SOTM switch. I like the PhoenixUSB so much though, that it makes me very curious about the PhoenixNET. To be honest, I think my EtherREGEN is probably just fine, but I wonder what could be improved. I listen to mostly local files too, so I guess I don't really need the PhoenixNET. I need to go to the audiophile addicts thread too... :beyersmile:

U know, for a super "cheap" (well, relative) upgrade.. Consider an AfterDark clock to your ER. Just use it with its stock power brick and some cheap bnc cable to start off. I think you'd be pleased and pleasantly surprised. Don't blame me if u end up buying mutec Ref10 se120 down the road.

Feb 28, 2021 at 8:19 AM Post #40 of 283
So I hope some of you test the phoenix NET and share your impressions.

Until now I only read up on the whole network topic and didnt invest anything yet.

The price is hard to swallow, but if the result matches it...

Mar 1, 2021 at 9:30 AM Post #41 of 283
There's a new thread called "Hi, my name is _____ and I'm an Audiophile Addict". You should go there and share this, see what others have to say. They might talk you out of it. (that's a pretty funny thead, by the way. Nice job).

I'm happy there are more players in the switch game. Not that I'm fully on board with it, but I think it's cool.

The hot one I've experienced is actually a power and clock modded Buffalo GS2016. It's the same guts as the Melco/Dela S100 selling for PhoenixNet prices, then The Horde has taken it upon themselves to mod it with a new LPSs and OCXOs.

Mar 1, 2021 at 9:35 AM Post #42 of 283
Its just me, but i think this is over the top... I think That Pheonix + almost any clean dac + any clean amp is what most people need.
That kinda depends on whether someone has a USB input DAC or one of the newer, direct ethernet input ones. Or if they're using some modified server or renderer that already has a nice/preferred USB output.

I follow what you mean, though. The price is really out there and this is going to be well into the "probably not the best value to stuff several thousand dollars into and expect a big return" zone.

But, I like seeing the stuff out there and focused on the ethernet connected segment.

Mar 1, 2021 at 10:45 AM Post #43 of 283
I like this line of thinking. The Statement sounds absolutely amazing, but $14k is just steep.

Mar 1, 2021 at 11:20 AM Post #44 of 283
@Ciggavelli prior to the Zenith Mk3, were you using a laptop as a source?

Mar 1, 2021 at 12:54 PM Post #45 of 283

Users who are viewing this thread

Back