Innuos Phoenix USB Reclocker
Oct 25, 2020 at 8:18 PM Post #16 of 283
nice! looking forward to hearing what you think of the phoenix!

Thanks! As I said, my priority for now is the upcoming Hydra.Hub. From there will see where it will lead.

i guess if you're using the hydra hub which has i2s out and in directly, it may not be a problem.

Yep, will use the Hub as a format converter and upsampler (DSD512 to I2S). But since its also a Reclocker and Network Streamer(Roon, HQplayer NAA, Airplay, DLNA)...so will see...

Oct 27, 2020 at 9:52 PM Post #17 of 283
I’m hoping the PhoenixNet comes out soon. I have an EtherREGEN, but I’m very curious to see how Innuos handles Ethernet reclocking. :thinking:

Jan 21, 2021 at 10:45 AM Post #18 of 283
That leads me to the next question. Have any EtherRegen / Phoenix owners tried an ethernet clock such as the Mutec Ref 10 or Cybershaft OP21? Wondering if an additional clock would be a benefit.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2021 at 2:57 AM Post #19 of 283
That leads me to the next question. Have any EtherRegen / Phoenix owners tried an ethernet clock such as the Mutec Ref 10 or Cybershaft OP21? Wondering if an additional clock would be a benefit.
Good morning.

I am watching the discussion with great interest because I am interested in buying one of the following:

a.https://www.fanthorpes.co.uk/hi-fi-separates/streamers/innuos-phoenix-usb-reclocker/

b. https://www.sotm-audio.com/sotmwp/english/portfolio-item/snh-10g/

I do not dare to do it because I do not know if Chord tt2 dac and MScaler will help. It's a lot of money to experiment..

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2021 at 2:53 PM Post #20 of 283
I have the DAVE + MScaler and I added a Phoenix at Xmas. It does make a difference though it is quite subtle with my set up (Antipodes EX + CX) - a more 'relaxed' sound is how you might describe it. You would achieve a far greater improvement by trading in your TT2 for a DAVE. If you have the money for the Phoenix then you're halfway there already (even trading the TT2 + MScaler for a DAVE would improve things). After you've done all that then you might want to think about the Phoenix - except getting some Sean Jacobs power supplies (he does the PS in the Phoenix) might be a better idea even then. Not putting you off the Phoenix but there are bigger bangs for your bucks to be had elsewhere...

Jan 27, 2021 at 11:10 AM Post #21 of 283
What usb cables have you guys found when used with this products that takes the glare and bite out of thr treble, just really smooths is out.
Have you guys tried the lush 2 and curious cables?

Jan 27, 2021 at 7:34 PM Post #22 of 283
What usb cables have you guys found when used with this products that takes the glare and bite out of thr treble, just really smooths is out.
Have you guys tried the lush 2 and curious cables?

The lush^3 is a really good usb cable. Hard to find any fault with the sound. I sold it mainly because I didn't find the white sheathing and additional jumper dongles on each end of the cable very visually appealing...

Curious, I have I only tried the Evolved. It was a bit more forward than my other cables and had less low end meat and overall warmth. I have read on some forums that some prefer the non-Evolved version.

FTA Callisto and Pink Faun usb have the most pleasant highs to me. Might want to give those a try. I also preferred these cables over the Sablon 2020 USB.

Jan 27, 2021 at 7:37 PM Post #23 of 283
The lush^3 is a really good usb cable. Hard to find any fault with the sound. I sold it mainly because I didn't find the white sheathing and additional jumper dongles on each end of the cable very visually appealing...

Curious, I have I only tried the Evolved. It was a bit more forward than my other cables and had less low end meat and overall warmth. I have read on some forums that some prefer the non-Evolved version.

FTA Callisto and Pink Faun usb have the most pleasant highs to me. Might want to give those a try. I also preferred these cables over the Sablon 2020 USB.
Thank you so much for the insight. Know anywhere I can acquire used?

Jan 27, 2021 at 7:38 PM Post #24 of 283

Oh goodness, nvm! Way above my status! Looks like used lush it is.

Jan 27, 2021 at 7:39 PM Post #25 of 283
Thank you so much for the insight. Know anywhere I can acquire used?

I've not seen the callisto or pink faun cables on second hand market often.. I think your best bet is to try post a wtb thread on the other forums (eg audiophilestyle or whatsbestforum).

The lush^3 is worth a go; really good. Price is not too bad either, compared to fta/pink faun.

Jan 28, 2021 at 3:51 PM Post #26 of 283
I've not seen the callisto or pink faun cables on second hand market often.. I think your best bet is to try post a wtb thread on the other forums (eg audiophilestyle or whatsbestforum).

The lush^3 is worth a go; really good. Price is not too bad either, compared to fta/pink faun.

Thats exactly what I did. WTB on Canuckaudiomart. Managed to find one.

Feb 6, 2021 at 5:31 PM Post #27 of 283
Good morning.

I am watching the discussion with great interest because I am interested in buying one of the following:

a.https://www.fanthorpes.co.uk/hi-fi-separates/streamers/innuos-phoenix-usb-reclocker/

b. https://www.sotm-audio.com/sotmwp/english/portfolio-item/snh-10g/

I do not dare to do it because I do not know if Chord tt2 dac and MScaler will help. It's a lot of money to experiment..
I have a Phoenix with the Zenith mk2. There are subtle differences with and without it. I prefer my system with the Phoenix but the change is not night and day.

Feb 7, 2021 at 6:46 AM Post #28 of 283
I have a Phoenix with the Zenith mk2. There are subtle differences with and without it. I prefer my system with the Phoenix but the change is not night and day.

I would say that above mid-priced audio systems, to changing only one device is seldom night and day sonically, but all the small upgrades together are cumulative and more prominent.

Feb 27, 2021 at 6:16 AM Post #30 of 283
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back