Injured bird
May 4, 2009 at 9:51 AM Post #31 of 90
RIP little birdie
frown.gif

May 4, 2009 at 1:28 PM Post #35 of 90
Was it really necessary to take a photo of the dead bird? 'RIP' was enough, no visuals needed, it's just upsetting.

May 4, 2009 at 1:38 PM Post #37 of 90
Right. Well, since the photo was attached with your 'RIP little birdie' comment, and it looks as if it's been propped up against your shoe... it's easy to see why 2 of us thought you'd taken a photo of a dead bird. So, did you call around to see if there was a wildlife hospital in your area? I think you can still get advice from them. Anyway, it's worth bearing in mind for the future.

May 4, 2009 at 2:34 PM Post #38 of 90
iriverdude-
So it's Monday, the wildlife center is assuredly open, and you're logged on here? Why don't you get a move on and get the bird out to the rescue center? Every minute you're on here is costing its life possibly....

You don't want to be known around here as the swallow killer do you?

May 4, 2009 at 3:21 PM Post #43 of 90
I suppose you fed the remains to your avatar instead of burying it, too. If not, then please give birdie a proper send off. For instructions on a proper bird funeral, watch the first 30 minutes of the first Poltergeist movie.

May 4, 2009 at 3:28 PM Post #45 of 90
Quote:

It jumped onto my shoe by itself, it liked sitting on my finger also.

“Cover its box and leave it for a bit; see if it gets better. Otherwise you will just stress it out. Wild birds aren't built to take a whole lot of stress.”

“They can die of shock if they're handled so be extra careful and please update this thread when you have more news.”

“Most wild birds don't handle the stress of being manhandled well ... especially when injured. Unless you really know what you're doing, an animal rescue organization is likely it's only chance for survival.”

And almost everybody suggested you attempt to contact some animal/wildlife shelters.

Why did you even ask for advice ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back