Initial Impressions: Brainwavz HM3
Apr 23, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #17 of 25
Jul 13, 2012 at 1:43 AM Post #19 of 25
just got a pair for 63 usd, factoring in shipping here. not bad. need to burn them in though, and while it can be driven by a portable, an amp just seems necessary as i had to turn my volume way up just to get it sounding where i need them to be. wish we had it on sale here for around 40 usd, but im still happy with the signature. 

Jul 22, 2012 at 10:50 AM Post #21 of 25
Quote:
How do these compare sound wise to the Incipio f38? They are the same housing but I'm wondering; is the extra $20-$25 worth it for better sound (IF they have better sound)?

The sound is exactly the same to my ears and I own both.  I actually like the pads on the Incipio's better but I still prefer them with the more comfortable Shure DJ750 replacement pads.  You get an extra set of ear pads and a nicer box with the Brainwavz, but the Incipio's come with a small microfiber-like pouch.

May 2, 2013 at 2:13 PM Post #24 of 25
Quote:
Does anyone know how do these compare with the Koss Porta Pros? It may not be a fair comparison in many aspects, but I own the Porta Pros and I want to know if the HM3s will make a good upgrade. Thanks.

I don't think I'll call it an upgrade, to me it's more of a side grade. I do like my HM3 but I haven't use it in months, but my portapro still get plenty of use.

May 2, 2013 at 2:35 PM Post #25 of 25
I see. I love my Porta Pros too but it's been a while since I had full sized (closed type) headphones and this is why the HM3s attracted my attention. They do seem also well-built while they are not pricey at the same time but if I'm not going to get better/upgraded sound quality compared to what I'm getting from my Porta Pros, it might be better to look in another direction. Thanks for the input mate! Really appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back