INFO: Hong Kong High End AV Show 2007
Jul 30, 2007 at 3:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

fkclo

Headphoneus Supremus
For those of you who have been thinking about visiting Hong Kong for a audio / HiFi shopping tour, this is probably the best time of the year.

The 3 day Hong Kong High End Audio Visual Show 2007 will take place from 10th - 12 Aug 2007 at the Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition Centre - a world class convention and exhibition centre located at the heart of downtown Hong Kong Island and right next to the beautiful harbour.

Not sure how much head-fi stuff will be there, but I am pretty sure the atmosphere will be great. And for the price of the ticket, you can a free audiophile SACD which in the past years have become a collector's item.

More information here (sorry, Chinese only) ;-

http://www.audiotechnique.com/av_show/hifi_show.htm

See you there !

F. Lo

Jul 30, 2007 at 5:59 PM Post #3 of 15
this will be my first time ever
redface.gif
not that i'm not aware of this but i always miss it somehow someway. i'm sure i'm going this year.

Jul 30, 2007 at 6:15 PM Post #4 of 15
Sounds like it's going to be winner.

In London this week, then off to States the following week - hoping to get there on Sunday the 12th. This HeadFi / HiFi thing must be a disease - would you believe I planned my trip to make it back on the last day
blink.gif
blink.gif
blink.gif

Cheers,
Garry

Jul 30, 2007 at 10:38 PM Post #5 of 15
Garry, if you are going on the last day, make sure you go there early, a they tart to clear up the venue starting at around 4pm.

It takes around 90 minutes just to walk around the whole thing, and then if you wish to participate in any of the demos, usually there will be quiet a long line up for them.

I will be going for sure as the free disc is always a nice item and the accessories are always discounted.

Jul 31, 2007 at 7:30 AM Post #6 of 15
The mini-Concerts are also worth attending ! HK$20 (US$2.5) ticket is a steal for life performance by some of the most popular performers in the audiophile world.

And I plan to buy more tickets so that I have take a few more 2007 SACDs. They are very very good and another steal - even not considering their "not-for-sale" rarity.

F. Lo

Jul 31, 2007 at 9:11 AM Post #7 of 15
LetsRock,

Quote:

Garry, if you are going on the last day, make sure you go there early, a they tart to clear up the venue starting at around 4pm.

Thanks for the tip - have fun and take some pics.

Cheers,
Garry

Aug 16, 2007 at 4:57 AM Post #8 of 15
OK... I think I missed it....I was there last year.

Aug 16, 2007 at 8:56 PM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by velogreg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For those of you who attended, please post observations, pics, and alerts to any new audiophile gear coming down the road.

Ditto. I'm curious to see what they highlight, esp. if there is a high-end Japanese audio presence. Don't see much of that here.

Aug 17, 2007 at 3:21 PM Post #12 of 15
Too bad. But Frankly, there were not that many headphone amps, especially the more popular ones like LD, DV....etc.

Only booths with head phones there were like AKG, Audio Technica and also Denon.

But then a few of the high end hi-fi's were just stunning! They were so good that even my wife was impressed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back