Inexpensive amp for RE262
Sep 5, 2011 at 6:13 PM Post #18 of 32
The E11 does wonderfully with my 262's - With bass setting at 1, high gain, high power, seems to work a treat
redface.gif

I actually went and stole the Mini^3 I sold to my dad and although it does add a lot of clarity and lifts them from being quite dry, I still prefer the E11 with these.

The E6 actually does ok, but I need to add a slight bit of EQ from either my Cowon or Clip+ with them - So I'm just sticking with the E11 for now

Sep 6, 2011 at 10:39 PM Post #20 of 32
JDSLabs CMOY seems to be a good pairing.

Oct 4, 2011 at 3:10 AM Post #21 of 32

[size=medium]
So is there a significant benefit from amping the 262's as opposed to using them directly from a DAP (such as the iPod classic)? In desperate need of some new IEM's and the 262 seem to tick all the boxes except that they are (apparently) hard to drive. I'm not sure if I want to be carrying an amp around just yet.
[/size]

Feb 7, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #22 of 32
I'm expecting my RE-262 later this week.

I have the PA2V2 however did not find much difference with the RE-0 or HF-5 other than slight  increase in bass.

Would the iBasso T3 make a noticeable difference.

Feb 10, 2012 at 5:04 AM Post #24 of 32
I am running my new 262's through an E7 and am very happy with what I hear.  When comparing directly with the output straight from my 5.5g iPod there is a noticeable difference, though I am never really happy with the headphone output on that device.  I do not have any experience with other portable amps though.

Mar 1, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #26 of 32
I just got some 262s and i'm loving the unamped sound already from my ipad2 and iphone 4. They really are a huge step up from anything i've heard before.

Since i don't have experience with amps and want something super small (smaller than my iphone), i was going to get an E6 for them. Is the general view that they need a bit more power than that?

If so, are there any other small, attractive (ie. which don't look homemade) and cheapish which would suit the 262s?

Jul 16, 2012 at 11:06 PM Post #30 of 32
I paired my Re-262s with the tiny Fireye Mini.  The end result is a much bigger sound than I get without it (sources are an asus laptop and a Clip Zip).  I'm definitely digging this combination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back