InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Aug 9, 2012 at 8:56 PM Post #2,146 of 3,191
I'm really tempted to go out get ear impressions and send my westone 4s in when they come in the mail to get these custom molded. like how comfortable are they?

Aug 10, 2012 at 10:41 AM Post #2,148 of 3,191
Quote:
        Alright so I have had my remolded tf'10s for over two years now and I loved them. But a few months ago the bass went out in my left ear piece so I sent them back to Kaysen. She said they put new filter tubes in or something and charged me like $50 or something which was fine. But when sending them back, they sent them to some address I had never heard of. Long story short, after a few weeks looking for them, ups said they were gone so Kaysen told me I could have a pair of their own ie-p450's for free.
        I looked on this site to see if anyone had tried InEarz own custom iem's before but I couldnt find anything on them. So I just said screw it, I mine as well get them since they are free! So I finally got them yesterday and I have to say overall they are pretty nice. I am pretty sure I am going to have to send them back though because the bore on the left earpiece is a little big for my ear canal and it makes my ear a little sore.

So to give a little review and comparison to the tf'10s. I am definitely no audiophile by any means but I will do my best in comparing the two at least the way I see it. Concerning the highs, I think that both earphones do a great job covering the frequency range. I have always thought that the highs are what the tf10's do best, and the ie-p450's do not disappoint. Especially if you listen to techno and love the highs the tf'10s can reach. Both earphones are just amazing in this sense. 

Now to the mids. This is where I think the ie-p450's step it up. When I use to listen to the tf'10s, I felt like the mids took a backseat to the highs and lows. This didnt bother me so much since I do listen to a lot of techno and electronic which is really all about the highs and lows. But when listening to all kinds of music on the ie-p450's I feel like the mids are brought up to the front and stand an equal ground to the highs; if that makes any sense to anyone.

Lastly to the lows. This is where I am having a problem with the ie-p450's. Since these are my first quads, I was really excited for the lows because they have two drivers dedicated to them, so I thought they were gonna be just amazing. But after listening to a couple hours of music, I am not all that impressed. I think they have a very accurate bass that some people would appreciate, but I kinda miss the bass from the tf'10s. I dont think the tf'10s were as accurate, but the were more accentuated and gave that air bumping bass that I feel lacks in the ie-p450's. Dont get me wrong, the bass in the 450's are good, but I dont feel like its my kinda sound signature and they seem a bit boring to me.

So I was wondering. When I send my earphones back to Kaysen to shave the bore a little bit, do you think they could do something to the drivers to give it a more pumpier bass? Or do you think it could have anything to do with the left bore being to big for my ear canal? Also, has anyone else purchased one of InEarz custom iem's or am I really the first?

We will and can add a bass driver to the mix and customize the sound perfectly for you.

But you can just ask anyone who has ever purchased a SQ4 from Alien Ears or a CT-400 form Clear Tune Monitors. We manufactured both of those for years...

Aug 12, 2012 at 2:44 AM Post #2,150 of 3,191
Thanks lil fish for the reply. But would adding another bass driver really do anything for the sound signature?

Dont the 450's already have two low frequency drivers?

But if adding a bass driver would help me get more of that bass rumble that I am looking for like in the TF10's or JH audios, how much more would I have to pay to add the extra driver?

Thanks

Aug 16, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #2,152 of 3,191
Im on my 2nd round of refits, hopefully they come back perfect!! 
beyersmile.png

Aug 19, 2012 at 10:21 PM Post #2,153 of 3,191
i got my tf10s on black friday 2010 and immediately got them reshelled. my first fit was a little off, but the second time was much better. however, it wasn't perfect. i was using fingernail polish each day trying to tweak it to how i remember them sounding before i sent them in. it seemed like the seals were very tempermental, and the right ear sounded better than the left. since i also have a set of westone um2s, i was wearing those 95% of the time because they fit a lot better, and i was used to the sound.

about a month ago, i took out my tf10s for a trip. on the plane, i was messing with them until i could get them sounding perfectly by pushing them around with my fingers. all of a sudden, the sound starts cutting out in my left ear. fortunately, it was just the crappy stock cable.

after doing a bit of research, i ordered the westone es2 cables with a 20% off coupon. i really like the cable on my um2s, so i was hoping for a similar feel.

i'm not a person that previously believed that a cable could change the sound quality...BUT WOW! all of my frustrations due to fit are absolutely gone! was it the cable all along? with the new es2 cable, the mids are moved up. it gives my tf10s a sound closer to my um2s, but on a whole new level. they sound outstanding!

i couldn't be happier with my setup, except for the fact i hate "memory" wire because of the microphonics i get when wearing sunglasses.

Aug 20, 2012 at 4:20 PM Post #2,154 of 3,191
Well I'm calling it a day with mine.  They sort of fit but not great (fit ok, just a little loose so the seal doesn't hold).  I just can't be bothered sending em back again.

Cheers.

Aug 20, 2012 at 4:29 PM Post #2,155 of 3,191
Sorry it didnt work out so well for you david. But if they are a little loose you can always go to the nail polish trick to get a good seal. I remember when Sleek Audio was telling folks to not send back and just use the polish lol. Anyhow, you indeed had a troubling tale and I wish you the best with your future endeavors, because this was a short career dealing with these.

Aug 22, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #2,160 of 3,191
Since customer support isn't responding I'll ask here...
I have a pair of westone 2's but one of the nozzles have half snapped off. The iem's still play music fine and all. It should still be ok for remolding right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back