InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Jul 26, 2012 at 4:20 PM Post #2,133 of 3,191
Well nearly a year after I started this (there or there abouts anyway)I should be getting mine back on tuesday.  Here's really really hoping this time:)

Jul 30, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #2,135 of 3,191
Well got them today (suprisingly a)someone was in to recieve them and b)they were actually a day earlier then scheduled).  Won't say much at this point except cautiously optimistic after trying them briefly.

More later

Cheers

Jul 30, 2012 at 4:15 PM Post #2,136 of 3,191
Quote:
Well got them today (suprisingly a)someone was in to recieve them and b)they were actually a day earlier then scheduled).  Won't say much at this point except cautiously optimistic after trying them briefly.

More later

Cheers

I hope they fit you this time!!

Aug 1, 2012 at 8:04 AM Post #2,137 of 3,191
Looks like I was right to be cautious, better than they were but still not right.  More later.

Cheers.

Aug 7, 2012 at 6:43 PM Post #2,140 of 3,191
Quote:
Is this available only on the Inearz CIEM, or also as a feature for reshells?  If the latter, how much?

I'd like to know more about the recessed sockets too.
Kaysen told me it couldn't be done, but maybe she meant it couldn't be done with the stock UE cable.
I've had bad experience of UE SF5 pro sockets before, and the recessed version just appears much more sensible to me.
It looks better too.
The only advantage I can see to the flush fit is that it might allow for a bit of minor bending if your plug was interfering with fit.

Aug 8, 2012 at 4:45 AM Post #2,141 of 3,191
Quote:

It turns out that CH uses the small Viablue T6s which is much smaller than the standard plug.  The standard T6s is in the middle.  The T6s he uses is on the left.

They fit thru the iphone bumper case. Thats why I choose to use them despite them being "less plug for the money"

Aug 8, 2012 at 2:07 PM Post #2,142 of 3,191
Just to be clear, I wasn't criticizing your decision. I think it makes sense for most of the users/uses.  I was responding to another post that provided outdated information on this point.

For me, the smaller Viablue is a bit less comfortable to handle, but it obviously will fit in more sockets than the fat plug, so I think the tradeoff is worth it. One downside comes when wiring a cable - making the connections in the narrow body is more of a challenge (for me), and if you want to include a pair of resistors in there you really have to go with the fat plug.

Aug 8, 2012 at 2:13 PM Post #2,143 of 3,191
I like the smaller plug I hate that fat plug.

Aug 9, 2012 at 1:00 AM Post #2,144 of 3,191
Quote:
Just to be clear, I wasn't criticizing your decision. I think it makes sense for most of the users/uses.  I was responding to another post that provided outdated information on this point.

For me, the smaller Viablue is a bit less comfortable to handle, but it obviously will fit in more sockets than the fat plug, so I think the tradeoff is worth it. One downside comes when wiring a cable - making the connections in the narrow body is more of a challenge (for me), and if you want to include a pair of resistors in there you really have to go with the fat plug.

The Viablue one overall isn't even my favorite plug. It's just the best looking one and it's built very well.

My favorite 3.5mm is the one Double Helix uses or Oyaide because they have knurled bodies. Most high end amps have a really solid retention at the jack. I've literally dragged my desktop amps off the cable before when I'm walking across the room and I forget I have my IEM's in.

If I go the resistor route, I always use Neutrik, DHC, or Oyaide.

Aug 9, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #2,145 of 3,191
        Alright so I have had my remolded tf'10s for over two years now and I loved them. But a few months ago the bass went out in my left ear piece so I sent them back to Kaysen. She said they put new filter tubes in or something and charged me like $50 or something which was fine. But when sending them back, they sent them to some address I had never heard of. Long story short, after a few weeks looking for them, ups said they were gone so Kaysen told me I could have a pair of their own ie-p450's for free.
        I looked on this site to see if anyone had tried InEarz own custom iem's before but I couldnt find anything on them. So I just said screw it, I mine as well get them since they are free! So I finally got them yesterday and I have to say overall they are pretty nice. I am pretty sure I am going to have to send them back though because the bore on the left earpiece is a little big for my ear canal and it makes my ear a little sore.

So to give a little review and comparison to the tf'10s. I am definitely no audiophile by any means but I will do my best in comparing the two at least the way I see it. Concerning the highs, I think that both earphones do a great job covering the frequency range. I have always thought that the highs are what the tf10's do best, and the ie-p450's do not disappoint. Especially if you listen to techno and love the highs the tf'10s can reach. Both earphones are just amazing in this sense. 

Now to the mids. This is where I think the ie-p450's step it up. When I use to listen to the tf'10s, I felt like the mids took a backseat to the highs and lows. This didnt bother me so much since I do listen to a lot of techno and electronic which is really all about the highs and lows. But when listening to all kinds of music on the ie-p450's I feel like the mids are brought up to the front and stand an equal ground to the highs; if that makes any sense to anyone.

Lastly to the lows. This is where I am having a problem with the ie-p450's. Since these are my first quads, I was really excited for the lows because they have two drivers dedicated to them, so I thought they were gonna be just amazing. But after listening to a couple hours of music, I am not all that impressed. I think they have a very accurate bass that some people would appreciate, but I kinda miss the bass from the tf'10s. I dont think the tf'10s were as accurate, but the were more accentuated and gave that air bumping bass that I feel lacks in the ie-p450's. Dont get me wrong, the bass in the 450's are good, but I dont feel like its my kinda sound signature and they seem a bit boring to me.

So I was wondering. When I send my earphones back to Kaysen to shave the bore a little bit, do you think they could do something to the drivers to give it a more pumpier bass? Or do you think it could have anything to do with the left bore being to big for my ear canal? Also, has anyone else purchased one of InEarz custom iem's or am I really the first?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back