InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Jun 19, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #2,041 of 3,191
Quote:
Ok, that sucks, but it seems to me you are so close now. It sounds like this time you can tell them to leave them mostly alone, just make them thicker. Problem is Im not sure if that means they need to completely rebuild them or just make some alterations. I guess contact Fisher again and find out. I sure hope they help you out with the shipping as your situation is becoming ridiculous regardless of who is or isnt at fault. Keep us updated like you have been, still hoping for a happy resolution.

Thanks.

It's more the shipping/wait times that are now beginning to p*** me off.  IF (and I stress that) they go back then it's going to be at least a week to ten days before they even get to fisher thanks to international shipping, then its tumpty tump days until they come back.  That's followed by another week to ten day return trip with no guarantee at the end.  It's getting on for best part of a year now since I started this, and in many ways I either a)wish I hadn't or b)at least done it in the uk.  If it had worked the first time I would have been laughing price wise which was the reason I did a us company, but sadly it didn't and the rest as they say is history.  I do have to say that fisher have been fine without charging me for refits or for return postageI also feel slightly sorry for them as they can't have made much from my order now to start with.  I'm just at a loss as to how this has got to this situation.  At last count it's been four refits and 3 sets of impressions (including the original).  Shipping over is £15 which is $23.  That in itself isn't bad, but it's all beginning to add up now.

Anyway just wanted to get that off my chest.

Anyone reading this don't be put off from my experiences with fisher, feel free to contact them. Sure they'll look after you.

Cheers

Jun 19, 2012 at 4:56 PM Post #2,042 of 3,191
Quote:
Correct me if i'm wrong but i've heard that the socket InEarz uses is actually Westone sockets. Most Custom IEMs out there actually use Westone-sized pins so you will actually have a smaller market to source UE IEM cables from if you do decide to go with UE sockets. If you need a cable with iphone remote, you could consider the Westone EPIC MICS Cable.

http://www.westonemusicproducts.com/store/index.php/westone-music-products/accessories/epic-replacement-cables/epic-mics-cable.html

Some iPhone 4 users report an echo effect when using the cables though but others say it works just fine so it's a matter of luck i suppose.

That Westone mic cable must have been released pretty recently. The last time I contacted them about it, they didn't have a release date. Thanks for posting the link.

Jun 20, 2012 at 9:34 AM Post #2,044 of 3,191
Quote:
Anyone tried the comply soft wraps? Apparently its said to improve the seal on the customs.

Yes, I have them on my reshells. They work really well, but it may take a couple pairs to find the right placement. I used them more for added isolation because I work at a job often using loud equipment and they reduce the outside noise just a bit more.

Jun 20, 2012 at 9:47 AM Post #2,045 of 3,191

The best placement for me is right around the 1st bend in the canal. If they are placed much further up they can be really painful.

Jun 21, 2012 at 12:47 AM Post #2,047 of 3,191
Hey guys,

Anyone know whats the address for shipping the custom back for refit? Cause on the ordering form its still the old address and i am pretty sure they've moved.
3940 St. John’s Parkway
Sanford, FL 32771

Jun 21, 2012 at 2:57 AM Post #2,050 of 3,191
Quote:
Thats what i was thinking as well, and have been doing some research on better cables. Im thinking I will just tell fisher to keep the stock cables/sockets so i can just order a different cable. As ive read, the fisher cable has smaller sockets and therefore would make it difficult switching them out later. So figure why go down that route when its not needed. Anyways, the cable from fisher is 30, i should just put that towards a nice/good cable. Also read that their cable goes green after a while.. 

Please correct me of my thinking is wrong anyone.. 

Spacemanps: You are better off telling Fisher to use the Westone Socket which does fit Fisher/UE Custom Cables (I have these) and various other aftermarket cables. The UE Custom Cables are different from the stock cables your TF10 came with. The custom cable is used for their custom iem phones so the socket is different from the TF10 stock socket. Also keep in mind, the UE Custom Cables socket changed so there is a Pre/Post July 2010 sockets. I'm not up to date with what type of socket Fisher will use now. I think I saw a picture with the socket different from what I had.  But the Pre 2010 socket works with Westone and Fisher when I did my reshell 3 months ago. This is all assuming you don't mind giving up the iPod controls.

If you go with Chris_Himself cables, those will not turn green because he uses 99.8% silver cables so they do not oxidize like copper cables will. Also you have the option for Chris_himself cables to be wrapped which sheaths the wire in a opaque color however it'll make your cable more rigid with the added protection. I believe Westone/Fisher/UE Custom Cables are all copper. Right now I have both Fisher and UE custom cables. I've been using my UE custom cables full time and they've turned green. I haven't handled the Fisher cables much so they're still relatively clean so far. The oils from your fingers are the cause of oxidation I believe. Either way the Fisher cables will turn green too unless you get their black one?

Man as I'm typing this I'm really considering on getting some Westones or a JHaudio for some added base. Lately I've been switching between my reshell TF10 and my beat up pair of nuforce because I miss having a harder hitting base despite the muddled mids in the nuforce.

Jun 21, 2012 at 9:54 AM Post #2,052 of 3,191
Quote:
Hey Norml do you use an amp/dac when you're hooked up to your mac? I was considering getting one of the FiiO amps but I havn't gotten around to it and I'm not even sure if its worth the money.

I very rarely listen to anything from my mac and I don't even own an amp/dac. 99% of my listening is done from a portable source.

Jun 21, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #2,053 of 3,191
Well just sent an email to fisher.  Lets see what happens next.  After 4 refits and 3 sets of impressions I'm beginning to lose the will to live!

Cheers

Jun 21, 2012 at 12:33 PM Post #2,054 of 3,191
Does Fisher usually send out tracking numbers? I've made payment for my customs the day before and i've not received a tracking number from them yet. I'm really impressed that they managed to complete my order (TF10 Remold) in slightly more than a week! I was expecting it to be done in about 3 weeks or so but they really exceeded my expectations. Can't wait to receive these babies :)

Jun 21, 2012 at 12:56 PM Post #2,055 of 3,191
Quote:
Does Fisher usually send out tracking numbers? I've made payment for my customs the day before and i've not received a tracking number from them yet. I'm really impressed that they managed to complete my order (TF10 Remold) in slightly more than a week! I was expecting it to be done in about 3 weeks or so but they really exceeded my expectations. Can't wait to receive these babies :)

It depends, some say they were sent tracking numbers but I myself didn't receive one. If you want you can go on ups and press on track by reference. You can type your name in and see if there is anything for you, usually it's LAST, FIRST. In caps. But try different variations of your name, it's not always put in like the way I suggested but mine was inserted like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back