InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
May 16, 2012 at 11:10 PM Post #1,936 of 3,191
Yeah... :/ I'm really, really dreading the almost assured need for refits though. Between that and the reshelling I will have spent FAR FAR less time with the ES5 in my possession than with it out of my hands. Makes me wonder if I shouldn't have sprang for universals like the FitEar instead :l 
Yeah. Takes a long time but I like having customs, feels nice to not have to worry about them falling out, which is the main reason that pushed me towards customs. Now that I'm wearing universals again, it feels like I am not wearing anything, so surely something is wrong with both my monitors. I've finally decided that I will send mine in for refits next week, as soon as I exchange some word with Kaysen. Hopefully it will go smoothly.

May 16, 2012 at 11:11 PM Post #1,937 of 3,191
Quote:
Yeah... :/ I'm really, really dreading the almost assured need for refits though. Between that and the reshelling I will have spent FAR FAR less time with the ES5 in my possession than with it out of my hands. Makes me wonder if I shouldn't have sprang for universals like the FitEar instead :l 

Don't wonder! Once you get it back, it's audio nirvana! Worth the wait. Delayed gratification!! Though, I've only had mine for about 2 weeks total since getting them as well...

May 17, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #1,938 of 3,191
Quote:

I think the one posted above has had the plastic trimmed back to fit the plugs it looks shorter than my stock ones. But I think angled connectors wouldn't be great with a custom IEM designed for straight plugs.

Yes, I think I see what you mean, the plugs would tend to twist off without the proper mating of the socket to the plug.

I really wish Fisher did the proper type of socket as the angled plug is a better design for my needs.

May 17, 2012 at 1:23 AM Post #1,939 of 3,191
You know, I've been wondering... since Fisher mentioned that they replaced the tweeters in my ES5, does that mean that most customs IEM companies have the materials on hand to replicate most any other custom out there? Or rather, are most companies just using widely drivers but in different configurations and pairings? I've always wondered about that, given that most armatures seem to be TWFKs sourced from Knowles

Edit: just looked at my bank statement, yep.. They charged me for Overnight and sent it via Second Day Air. Guess another call is in order 

May 18, 2012 at 2:46 PM Post #1,940 of 3,191
On the bright side, got the call Wed, they are due in the mail today, hopefully will be there when I get home from work...  have a gig tonight, would love to be able to try them out...  I'm going to use them for both music and IEMs..

Randy

May 18, 2012 at 2:48 PM Post #1,941 of 3,191
MOAR PICTURES, noobies.
deadhorse.gif

May 18, 2012 at 2:58 PM Post #1,942 of 3,191
Seems like Knowles and TWFKs are pretty commonly used, and available from places like Mouser, etc.
Quote:
You know, I've been wondering... since Fisher mentioned that they replaced the tweeters in my ES5, does that mean that most customs IEM companies have the materials on hand to replicate most any other custom out there? Or rather, are most companies just using widely drivers but in different configurations and pairings? I've always wondered about that, given that most armatures seem to be TWFKs sourced from Knowles

Edit: just looked at my bank statement, yep.. They charged me for Overnight and sent it via Second Day Air. Guess another call is in order 

May 18, 2012 at 3:16 PM Post #1,943 of 3,191
After refit

before

color is spot on, lol @ before
fit is comfy now but they got chunky as ****..like 3mm sticking out from ear
i didnt have a fit issue with the plug idk why they made it taller

May 18, 2012 at 3:20 PM Post #1,944 of 3,191
that purple looks good.

May 18, 2012 at 6:52 PM Post #1,945 of 3,191
vsvs, are those TF10? I think my ES5 had to be thicker because the drivers were too big/took up too much space. my tf10 is probably 1 mm away from my ear while my es5 is more like 3-4. NBD though, as nobody really notices them unless they're looking anyways.

May 18, 2012 at 10:00 PM Post #1,949 of 3,191
Dot should be facing the rear of the shell.

May 18, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #1,950 of 3,191
Finally got my ES5 back. Fit is not good :frowning2: Externally, the fit is perfect, but internally, there's pain in the right ear canal that feels like something is stabbing me in the ear; left ear is much better, but still not perfect. I really hope I won't have to get another set of impressions made :l 

Other than that, the sound is nutso good. I had a major wow moment at work listening to Beach House's Bloom. I swapped to my SM3 afterwards and it literally sounded like I was listening to the music through a towel, the difference was insane. I'm gonna give it a week, but I'm pretty certain that I'll be calling them again come next Friday :\

Users who are viewing this thread

Back