InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Mar 6, 2012 at 8:38 PM Post #1,006 of 3,191
My reshell order was received on Feb 9 by inEarZ. As it was close to the quoted 4-week mark, I emailed Kaysen for a status update and I received a reply from Kaysen less than 1 hour later. While she did not specifically answer my question, she said "[size=small]are working on catching up after the group buy rush… we will be shipping everything very shortly".[/size]

Mar 6, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #1,007 of 3,191

Quote:
My reshell order was received on Feb 9 by inEarZ. As it was close to the quoted 4-week mark, I emailed Kaysen for a status update and I received a reply from Kaysen less than 1 hour later. While she did not specifically answer my question, she said "[size=small]are working on catching up after the group buy rush… we will be shipping everything very shortly".[/size]

HA, they got mine on Feb 8th, I am winning.
popcorn.gif

Mar 6, 2012 at 8:55 PM Post #1,009 of 3,191
Being not informed is common.   I just spoke with Kaysen this afternoon and they are catching up with the group by orders and relayed that completion time should now be 2-3 weeks if placing an order now, unless the recent group by extension hikes up the backlog.

Mar 7, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #1,010 of 3,191

Quote:
Be sure to post back on here to let us know how it goes :). I sent Kaysen a friendly email on Friday to check the status and see how long the delay was, but got no reply.

Just called them today and they said it was going out tomorrow. so  for those that sent them in in Late January. 

(The total time looks like ~6 weeks) Massive increase from the quote but that is most likely caused by the huge backlog created by the shear number of orders

Mar 7, 2012 at 12:07 PM Post #1,011 of 3,191
Well, I received my custom Triplefi's yesterday from In-Ears.  As a whole, I am very pleased with my puchase and the quality of the remolds.  Here is a quick summary.

The total time it took was approximately 4 weeks. 

Ear molds were done for $20 dollars and immediatly sent with the Triplefi's to Kaysen.

I ordered clear with a translucent black faceplate.  The clear portion was done very well with no visible bubbles or imperfections.  The black translucent face plate does not have the color contrast that I has hoping for.  If I was to do it again, I would just go clear.

I ordered the black fisher cable which is very nice.  I also ordered the UE Custom pre-Sept 1, 2010 clear cables from ultimate ears.  I can verify that these cables can be interchanged with eachother!  It took UE two weeks to send me the cables so I am glad that I did not wait for them to arrive before I sent in my Triplefi's.  I like the fisher cable, but I love the UE custom cable.  Well worth the purchase.  On another note, I ordered the UE custom case for $20 which is really nice and the remolds fit perfectly in this new case with my name engraved on it.

The fit is perfect.  When I had the impressions done, I did it open mouth and it worked perfectly.  I love the fit and am considering getting more of my IEM's remolded because the fit and isolation is that good.

My only critic would be that In-earz should keep communicate with their clients better.  For instance, I would have loved to receive an email stating that they received my order.  Instead, I had to call them to make sure they received the order and to see if there was any questions.  Kaysen was great on the phone and very informative.  So if you have questions, just call her.

Well, time to go and enjoy my new customs!  Now I need to figure out which other iem's I am going to get remolded.

Mar 7, 2012 at 12:08 PM Post #1,012 of 3,191
Does anyone know if the Phonak's can be made into a custom?  They are a balanced armature, but they have "filters" that change the sound sig slightly.  I love my Phonak's and would love them more if Fisher could do a remold with the black filters.

Mar 7, 2012 at 1:08 PM Post #1,013 of 3,191

Quote:
Does anyone know if the Phonak's can be made into a custom?  They are a balanced armature, but they have "filters" that change the sound sig slightly.  I love my Phonak's and would love them more if Fisher could do a remold with the black filters.

straight from their website
"A remolding service we provide to customize any balanced armature driver in ear monitor. "

Mar 7, 2012 at 1:18 PM Post #1,014 of 3,191
Anybody know why the reshelling service costs 150 dollars for a previous hard-shelled custom? 

Mar 7, 2012 at 1:28 PM Post #1,016 of 3,191
Quote:
Anybody know why the reshelling service costs 150 dollars for a previous hard-shelled custom? 

Yes, that is true.  Kaysen relayed there's a lot more work do be done with already shelled custom vs a universal IEM reshell.  However, she did say that they will apply a 10% discount during the group buy duration.

Mar 7, 2012 at 2:13 PM Post #1,018 of 3,191

Quote:
Well, I received my custom Triplefi's yesterday from In-Ears.  As a whole, I am very pleased with my puchase and the quality of the remolds.  Here is a quick summary.

The total time it took was approximately 4 weeks. 

Ear molds were done for $20 dollars and immediatly sent with the Triplefi's to Kaysen.

I ordered clear with a translucent black faceplate.  The clear portion was done very well with no visible bubbles or imperfections.  The black translucent face plate does not have the color contrast that I has hoping for.  If I was to do it again, I would just go clear.

I ordered the black fisher cable which is very nice.  I also ordered the UE Custom pre-Sept 1, 2010 clear cables from ultimate ears.  I can verify that these cables can be interchanged with eachother!  It took UE two weeks to send me the cables so I am glad that I did not wait for them to arrive before I sent in my Triplefi's.  I like the fisher cable, but I love the UE custom cable.  Well worth the purchase.  On another note, I ordered the UE custom case for $20 which is really nice and the remolds fit perfectly in this new case with my name engraved on it.

The fit is perfect.  When I had the impressions done, I did it open mouth and it worked perfectly.  I love the fit and am considering getting more of my IEM's remolded because the fit and isolation is that good.

My only critic would be that In-earz should keep communicate with their clients better.  For instance, I would have loved to receive an email stating that they received my order.  Instead, I had to call them to make sure they received the order and to see if there was any questions.  Kaysen was great on the phone and very informative.  So if you have questions, just call her.

Well, time to go and enjoy my new customs!  Now I need to figure out which other iem's I am going to get remolded.

My UPS tracking showed they received them and who the person was. So for me I didnt need a phone call or email saying they got them.

Mar 7, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #1,020 of 3,191

Quote:
no, it's only for other manufacturers... this is a recent increase. We don't see that many and according to the technicians, they take twice as long to reconfigure and remove from the already custom housing.

So there's no wiggling room? This doesn't bode well for many users who wish to reshell customs obtained in the classifieds.

Please update the website to include this detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back