InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Jul 29, 2010 at 7:51 AM Post #391 of 3,191
Sending my triple fis off monday morning. I cant wait. Thank you to everyone in the thread for making my decision to get this done alot more comfortable. Lots of good info here. I think I might just have to copy dizzy with the carbon fiber. I bet thats going to look sweet. Anyways, thanks to everyone.

Jul 29, 2010 at 2:21 PM Post #393 of 3,191
Kaysen took some pictures for me before sending it out (arriving Monday!)
The remold costs $115 before shipping, $80 + $35 (customization fee). I had contacted Fisher asking them if they would do carbon fiber on the TF10 remold with me providing the carbon fiber. They agreed to do it for me for $35 so I sent off the carbon fiber and TF10s. The carbon fiber kit can be picked up on ebay for around $20 shipped if you are looking for carbon fiber :)
The inspiration came from Ted who had Koa wood on his remold, I figure this would be my personal touch on my first "custom"
bigsmile_face.gif

Well anyways, here is the final product. Taken by Fisher (I'll post more when they arrive)

Aug 3, 2010 at 7:58 PM Post #395 of 3,191
Hm.... doesn't sound the same as stock and I'm also experiencing a slight loss of bass. I'm wondering, how many of you have your remold sounding close or the same as your stock triplefi?

Aug 6, 2010 at 8:29 PM Post #396 of 3,191
Can anyone comment on the sound quality of their JH-13's remolded by Fisher?

I'm about to take the plunge and was wondering how close they came to matching every possible detail from the original 13's...including number of ports, driver placement, etc...

Thanks!

Aug 9, 2010 at 6:40 PM Post #397 of 3,191
When doing a remold... everything is kept the same, if it has dual bore we keep dual bore, if it has a single bore we keep the single bore. All of the internals are kept (ie. resistors, chips, drivers etc...). Depending in how much room we have, depends on if the tubing is lengthened or shortened in the molds.  

Aug 18, 2010 at 12:01 PM Post #400 of 3,191

Quote:
Can anyone comment on the sound quality of their JH-13's remolded by Fisher?

I'm about to take the plunge and was wondering how close they came to matching every possible detail from the original 13's...including number of ports, driver placement, etc...

Thanks!

I am wondering that also. As well as what is the turn around time from fischer? Does anyone know? If it will take a month, I would just rather sell my 13's to be honest. Being without headphones for a month is just too long.

Aug 18, 2010 at 12:54 PM Post #401 of 3,191
Quote:
I am wondering that also. As well as what is the turn around time from fischer? Does anyone know? If it will take a month, I would just rather sell my 13's to be honest. Being without headphones for a month is just too long.

10-15 days, but there is a rush option for 7 days.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/454174/iems-reshelled-into-custom-molds-80-in-the-usa-triplefi-10-se530-etc-from-fisher-hearing/

Aug 18, 2010 at 1:01 PM Post #402 of 3,191
Mine took around 5 weeks but then I had to send it back for a refit. I then found out I had to do another impression so I got that done and hopefully I'll get it back in 2 weeks or so.

Most remolds won't be a quick turnaround. You have to wait for the first remold and then there could be fit issues and shipping time so you have to be patient.

Aug 19, 2010 at 8:44 AM Post #403 of 3,191

Quote:

I don't understand how selling them (and being without any headphones) is better than waiting a month for remoulds?

Beside as mentioned in the thread, Fisher offer an expedited service for $15.

Aug 20, 2010 at 11:12 AM Post #405 of 3,191
Kaysen,

I had my Triple-Fi's remolded back in February and I've tried to use them recently after they sat for 2 months because I was laid up in the hospital, the right monitor is completely out and was wondering if you can take a look at them. I will be laid up an additional 3 more months but can find someone to drop them off at the post office. Could you please provide an address where to send them because I currently don't have the current information. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back