InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Mar 24, 2010 at 7:33 AM Post #181 of 3,191
Quote:

Originally Posted by ElevenBee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@ AVU, congrats on the JH-13's...

is that case a pelican... and if so what size/model is it?

Thanks! The case is the one that comes with, and it's technically an "otterbox" - waterproof (floats), impact and crush proof. Very solid. It came with the unit, and I'm not sure they're available anymore. The website has them as 'discontinued' but they were only like $10 when they sold them. Don't know if pelican makes a small clear like this, but there should be a chinese company making them now you could find.

Mar 24, 2010 at 1:28 PM Post #183 of 3,191
Quote:

Originally Posted by triodesteve /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would think that we have taken the headphone out of the equation (since the sound tubes are now firing pretty much directly at our eardrums, we are all hearing the same thing).

Actually, I dont know if this is the right place to ask this but I can see that the drivers are firing into a curved sound tube (which has the filters are at the end of). Would that have an effect on the amount of treble?

IIRC, the triple fi stock had straight sound tubes.

Mar 24, 2010 at 6:07 PM Post #184 of 3,191
According to JH Audio's FAQ on Facebook, it's an Otterbox 1000.
JH Audio: JHAudio FAQs | Facebook

You can order one from Amazon for about 7 bucks.

Of course if you order from Amazon it won't be personalized, but it's still a very robust case.

-David Lee

Quote:

Originally Posted by AVU /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks! The case is the one that comes with, and it's technically an "otterbox" - waterproof (floats), impact and crush proof. Very solid. It came with the unit, and I'm not sure they're available anymore. The website has them as 'discontinued' but they were only like $10 when they sold them. Don't know if pelican makes a small clear like this, but there should be a chinese company making them now you could find.

Mar 28, 2010 at 4:52 AM Post #185 of 3,191
If anyone can help me out with this I'd appreciate it - I've spent two hours looking through the forums now, and can't find this again - but I had read about someone getting a Fisher remold of a custom (I think it was a UE11) and having horrible sound quality problems. All bass, no treble. They said they talked to someone at UE about it and it worked out. I need to contact them, because I'm having the same problem.

[UPDATE - Found it. Was Paradoxus - discussion continued on regular Fisher remold thread]

Mar 28, 2010 at 1:51 PM Post #186 of 3,191
How long did it take for you all to get back a custom remold from Fisher? Let's say from the moment they received your ear mold to the moment you got the package.

I sent them my SE530's and still waiting waiting waiting

Mar 30, 2010 at 11:07 PM Post #189 of 3,191
Hello all, I just got a pair of SE530's back from Fisher. Following are a few initial impressions:

Build Quality
The build quality is more or less what has been reported on Head-Fi. The build is OK. Not perfect, with bubbles and scratches. Overall it's not bad though.

Fit
The fit is pretty good, but the right monitor is sticking out a bit on the top. It's not uncomfortable (yet), but aesthetically it's not perfectly symmetric with the left side. In terms of comfort, it's pretty good so far. I've only logged a few hours on them, but they are indeed pretty comfortable. They don't require as much pressure as the black foam tips on the Shures to create a seal. Relative to the universals they also go much deeper into the ear canal. I had a lot of problems with the universal Shures because my left ear lobe is smaller than my right lobe. I will note that it's quite tricky putting them in and pulling them out. Based on the Youtube videos it requires a twisting motion that I'm still trying to perfect.

Isolation
Isolation is great. I can barely hear myself type with no music on. It's definitely as good as, if not better than, the black foam Shure tips.

Fisher cable
A detachable cable is very cool especially considering how many issues I've had in the past with the SE530 cable. Specifically the Fisher cable feels a bit flimsy and gets tangled somewhat easily, but I'm really digging the memory wire that goes over the ears. Much less pressure on the ears compared to the Shures. My last complaint regarding the cable is that the point where it splits off from one cable to two cables is a bit high. It would be perfect if it were a few inches lower.

Sound Quality
They sound pretty much the same to me, but I'm not as picky and my ears are not as refined as some others on Head-Fi. If anything the low end seems a bit more emphasized, perhaps because of a better seal.

Overall impressions
If anything they make an interesting conversation piece regarding IEMs. At this point it's insanely difficult to pull them out of my ear making random conversations difficult. Overall I think it was worth the cost. It was surprisingly difficult to get by without headphones for the ~2 weeks they were gone.

Mar 31, 2010 at 12:05 AM Post #190 of 3,191
putting them on/off will get much easier n faster with practice
smily_headphones1.gif

I used this youtube vid by Ultimate Ears themselves to guide me (instructional guide starts at 1:23)

Mar 31, 2010 at 1:18 AM Post #191 of 3,191
back to posting pictures guys..

I'm glad a few of you have decided to add the artwork that I had done also.. on one side at least..

And where can I get that Kao wood faceplate, thats awesome.

here's mine that I saw others used, the TF10-C

Mar 31, 2010 at 1:43 AM Post #194 of 3,191
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heh, so I realized, I like everything about my remolds except for the change in sound
frown.gif

I have the same problem with my Fisher remolds. Bummer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back