InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Mar 21, 2010 at 12:14 PM Post #166 of 3,191
If your left earpiece fits OK and unless you got your original impressions for free, just redo your right ear and send that and the right earpiece back.
Did you have your mouth open while making the impressions?

Mar 21, 2010 at 5:28 PM Post #167 of 3,191
I had my mouth open w/o a bite block and my audiologist wasn't concerned that my jaw moved a bit during the procedure, insisting that for this sort of thing it wasn't really crucial to have an absolutely perfect fit vs the other hearing devices he normally makes. In hindsight I don't think he fully understood the concept of a reshell for my TF10s and assumed I was having custom tips made (despite the UE audiologist instruction form I brought)
frown.gif

I slept on the matter and I think I may get them both redone (if I go through with this) since I'm concerned that they'll feel asymmetrical in some other way if my jaw is opened a different amount or whatever. Anyways, I'll give it at least another week of thought since I'm having my wisdom teeth extracted this Monday and expecting major swelling--not sure if/how that may affect the shape of my ear canals, but I won't risk it o.o

[size=xx-small](post update, to avoid a double post)[/size]
I was having lunch with a friend and showed her my earpieces. She said instead of looking to blame the audiologist & sending a flaming email, to give them the benefit of the doubt and accept the possibility that the canal portion of the right mold might have just gotten smushed over in transit. I guess it's definitely a possibility that a force where the orange arrow is (pictured) could cause it to bend inwards like that, and cause the tip to end up thicker. I wonder if Fisher just assumed my ear canals were grossly asymmetrical because it wasn't mentioned to me and they just made me IEMs as per the molds that arrived. Oh blah, still not looking forward to parting with these
frown.gif

[size=x-small]for the sake of preventing congestion in this Owner's Thread, I'll leave further mini updates to my blog about my customs (see sig) for now. I'll just post in this thread again with fresh new pics when my refits come back (how ever long that will be)[/size]

Mar 23, 2010 at 8:45 PM Post #168 of 3,191
Got mine a few days ago. I got the triple fi remold and man, the bass is overpowering now. I got a pretty good fit with the universal and it was pretty flat (besides slight decrease in treble and a decrease in midrange, like what the freq response graph looks like). Now the customs sound like all bass and lower midrange.
frown.gif

Mar 23, 2010 at 11:23 PM Post #169 of 3,191
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got mine a few days ago. I got the triple fi remold and man, the bass is overpowering now. I got a pretty good fit with the universal and it was pretty flat (besides slight decrease in treble and a decrease in midrange, like what the freq response graph looks like). Now the customs sound like all bass and lower midrange.
frown.gif

IMO get the Lune audio cable from Null audio. That will put an emphasis on the treble and even it all out
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 23, 2010 at 11:35 PM Post #171 of 3,191
No I mean it'll give some emphasis to the treble so they're booth "boosted" to "equal" terms. It doesn't really do anything TO the sound but the silver makes it sound... effortless. It takes less power to drive the Trips and everything sounds cleaner; most noticeably the treble.
When switching from the stock to silver cable, I made notice of the treble extension and better detail; which in tern kind of pushed the bass "back" a bit; it was less prominent.
It cleans it up; but the Trips don't emphasize the bass as much as the treble with the cable.

Mar 24, 2010 at 4:33 AM Post #178 of 3,191
Quote:

frown.gif

How odd...I feel the bass is cleaned up and maybe even diminished a little. I would think that we have taken the headphone out of the equation (since the sound tubes are now firing pretty much directly at our eardrums, we are all hearing the same thing). So that leaves source or amplification. I'm using a diyMod ipod and a Mseed Spirit amp with EU custom cable.

I suppose the amp may be a little bass shy, but I have nothing to compare it to right now.

Steve

Mar 24, 2010 at 6:07 AM Post #180 of 3,191
Quote:

I'm using an ipod hp jack or a pico w/ dac.

The pico does a better job overall but the custom triple fi is still a bass monster.

The trips are most definitely bass MONSTERS. Sorry for being obnoxious, but the all caps are necessary. I can eq the trips to my liking but eq option is not always available, like when i am on the go. Also, I have really really started to grow into them, so I'm liking them a lot these days. However, if like someone mentioned above, a cable can bring out the highs and mids better then I am game. Can someone please confirm this because I have always been skeptical of supposed improvements by merely changing cables. Also right now I am using Fisher Cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back